• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it because I'm creepy?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
So I've been walking to the Capitol building on a daily basis at night to pray for politicians. ( It's on a hill so people call it Capitol Hill. I pray to and for various spirits of people who died tragically that I call the Capitol Hill queens and kings.)

I saw one of the night shift janitors on a smoke break and said hi last night and the night before. It's embarrassing because I was talking to God both times and didn't know she was right there listening so I was startled, and probably so was she.

Today, both of the areas that I typically walkthrough on a nightly basis (where i encountered the employee) were blocked off.

Is it just coincidence that the only time i found those areas have been closed off was after running into the same employee two nights in a row, or do you think it had to do with somebody wanting me not to run into them on their smoke break?

I know you don't know one way or the other, but thought I would ask what your best guess is. :)

Earthling

David Henson
Compared to other problems I have caused, this is merely water bouncing off my feathers.

I've seen your visits there you recorded on video? It could be construed as some wacko who is liable to perform some violent act, though it is very humbling to watch. It's strange, that's for sure. Most people would quietly perform such soliloquies in public, but, you mean no harm and do no harm, so to me, your passionate and compassionate display was unique and special in a wholesome way, though at first offsetting.

I think if they are watching you, which they most certainly are at least on some level, just be your humble and endearing self and instead of being perceived as creepy you can be perceived as what you really are. Eccentric, intelligent and kind.

If that don't work out for you then maybe just tone it down a bit and / or stand your ground and take the consequences. You're not doing anything wrong . . . just . . . odd.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
You're creepy?

Anyways, I think if they didn't want you there they would have had security address this rather than simply putting up barricades.

Perhaps your prayers summoned some deceased politicians that were harassing visitors to the Capitol and they were just keeping the peace...

...or they plan on working on something.​

Spiderman

Veteran Member
You're creepy?

Anyways, I think if they didn't want you there they would have had security address this rather than simply putting up barricades.

Perhaps your prayers summoned some deceased politicians that were harassing visitors to the Capitol and they were just keeping the peace...

...or they plan on working on something.​
I had a security guard approach me and tell me the place was "haunted on second floor " a few months ago. So, maybe I'm causing the place to be more spooky lol! :D

I had a police car also stop and watch me burning incense and then when I walked to the war memorial they followed me there and shined their lights on me.

I was burning incense in the building once and heard somebody approach one of the employees and say "I smell smoke". I got out of there quick, but I think I'm starting to get a reputation LOL!:confused:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I've seen your visits there you recorded on video? It could be construed as some wacko who is liable to perform some violent act, though it is very humbling to watch. It's strange, that's for sure. Most people would quietly perform such soliloquies in public, but, you mean no harm and do no harm, so to me, your passionate and compassionate display was unique and special in a wholesome way, though at first offsetting.

I think if they are watching you, which they most certainly are at least on some level, just be your humble and endearing self and instead of being perceived as creepy you can be perceived as what you really are. Eccentric, intelligent and kind.

If that don't work out for you then maybe just tone it down a bit and / or stand your ground and take the consequences. You're not doing anything wrong . . . just . . . odd.
Thank you! You are kind! :)

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
So I've been walking to the Capitol building on a daily basis at night to pray for politicians. ( It's on a hill so people call it Capitol Hill. I pray to and for various spirits of people who died tragically that I call the Capitol Hill queens and kings.)

I saw one of the night shift janitors on a smoke break and said hi last night and the night before. It's embarrassing because I was talking to God both times and didn't know she was right there listening so I was startled, and probably so was she.

Today, both of the areas that I typically walkthrough on a nightly basis (where i encountered the employee) were blocked off.

Is it just coincidence that the only time i found those areas have been closed off was after running into the same employee two nights in a row, or do you think it had to do with somebody wanting me not to run into them on their smoke break?

I know you don't know one way or the other, but thought I would ask what your best guess is. :)

It may have had something to do with you or it may have had nothing at all to do with you. And even if it did have something to do with you, it didn't really have anything to do with you, it was just about someone's perception of you and reaction to something you did that they didn't understand.

We live in a dangerous world and when people see someone acting outside of the the norm it's almost a reflex to be freaked out.

I wouldn't take it personally either way.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
I would refrain from speaking aloud to no one in particular in public. I do it too when I am working out a solution to a problem. But....I restrict my inclinations to have an out loud conversation with myself around other people.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I had a security guard approach me and tell me the place was "haunted on second floor " a few months ago. So, maybe I'm causing the place to be more spooky lol! :D

Well see, one of the security guards was comfortable enough around you to start a conversation with you.

Here's a tip: if you're going to talk to God/ spirits in public, carry a set of ear buds with you so people will think you're on the phone.

upload_2018-11-15_20-8-18.png

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I would refrain from speaking aloud to no one in particular in public. I do it too when I am working out a solution to a problem. But....I restrict my inclinations to have an out loud conversation with myself around other people.
Yes, when a woman is smoking outside and it's dark and there's no one around but some crazy guy talking to himself, I think either way I startled her, and she has reason to have instincts kicked in and be scared. It's a dangerous world.

Jumi

People get scared over nothing all the time even if you don't really act weird. There were times I was spooked over nothing too, just somebody bringing up bad memories.