• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it all right for Muslims to kill Hatun Tash?

2ndpillar

Is it all right for a Muslim's to kill a 5' 2' female, former Muslim, Hatun Tash, who was preaching at speaker's corner, a place for dialogue between Christians and Muslim's, in London, even if the Muslim tradition says to slay/kill any apostate, and Muhammad himself killed women who criticized him? Hatun's main point is that although the Hufs Quran, written in the late 8th century, was made the canonical Quran in 1924, and all others thrown into the Nile, Hatun pointed out that there are at least 36 different variations of the Quran which can be bought in Islamic countries, and has shown 93,000 different variations in those Qurans, which is contrary to the message that there is only one Quran, whose copy is in heaven.
Hatun Tash Stabbed at Speakers' Corner - YouTube

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
They shouldn't kill anyone.

They shouldn't, but they do.

Just yet another example of the religion of peace in action.

More accurately, the religion of rest in pieces would be better suited for these people.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Is it all right for a Muslim's to kill a 5' 2' female, former Muslim, Hatun Tash, who was preaching at speaker's corner, a place for dialogue between Christians and Muslim's, in London, even if the Quran says to slay/kill any apostate, and Muhammad himself killed women who criticized him? Hatun's main point is that although the Hufs Quran, written in the late 8th century, was made the canonical Quran in 1924, and all others thrown into the Nile, Hatun pointed out that there are at least 36 different variations of the Quran which can be bought in Islamic countries, and has shown 93,000 different variations in those Qurans, which is contrary to the message that there is only one Quran, whose copy is in heaven.
For me as a sufi Muslim it is wrong to kill anyone, even if they critique me my belief, Allah or the Prophet.

Other Muslims may give you a different answer.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I know when I am done publishing my books one day when the truth becomes apparent, I will be killed by a Muslim as well. I am going to publish them anyways.

Shakeel

I heard of that one time a Christian man attacked her and they played it as if it had been a Muslim.

So why, do you think her dishonesty somehow calls for that?

Are we picking just any little person out of a crowd now? Does a person's height have something to do with whether they should be killed or not?

Shakeel

I know when I am done publishing my books one day when the truth becomes apparent, I will be killed by a Muslim as well. I am going to publish them anyways.
Have you ever thought of who's going to read them? That's usually the problem. I mean, statistically whoever you are and whatever you wrote, it most likely won't be published and/or no one will ever read it. I wouldn't be too excited.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Have you ever thought of who's going to read them? That's usually the problem. I mean, statistically whoever you are and whatever you wrote. It won't be published and/or no one will ever read it. I wouldn't be too excited.

We will see.

2ndpillar

For me as a sufi Muslim it is wrong to kill anyone, even if they critique me my belief, Allah or the Prophet.

Other Muslims may give you a different answer.

Well, the Muslim tradition says it is fine to kill the apostate (sunnah 87:/7), although the Shia's do give a 10 day period for the apostate to repent, other Muslim sects are not so kind. Quran 9:5 "the sword first" is for the slaying of idolaters, which would include Hatun, who believes in the Trinity, although as a "Christian", she should be able to pay the "Christian" tax, which she doesn't. The treaty of Mecca ,was to protect Jews and Christians if they paid tax was rescinded a year after it was made.

Narrated `Abdullah: Allah’s Messenger said, “The blood of a Muslim who confesses that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that I am His Apostle, cannot be shed except in three cases: In Qisas for murder, a married person who commits illegal sexual intercourse and the one who reverts from Islam (apostate) and leaves the Muslims.” Sahih al-Bukhari 6878 - Blood Money (Ad-Diyat) - Sunnah.com - Sayings and Teachings of Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلم)

The Infamous Sword Verse - Quran 9:5 - SCRIPTURE TWISTING 101 Ep. 3 - YouTube

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Well, the Muslim tradition says it is fine to kill the apostate (sunnah 87:/7), although the Shia's do give a 10 day period for the apostate to repent, other Muslim sects are not so kind. Quran 9:5 "the sword first" is for the slaying of idolaters, which would include Hatun, who believes in the Trinity, although as a "Christian", she should be able to pay the "Christian" tax, which she doesn't. The treaty of Mecca ,was to protect Jews and Christians if they paid tax was rescinded a year after it was made.

Narrated `Abdullah: Allah’s Messenger said, “The blood of a Muslim who confesses that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that I am His Apostle, cannot be shed except in three cases: In Qisas for murder, a married person who commits illegal sexual intercourse and the one who reverts from Islam (apostate) and leaves the Muslims.” Sahih al-Bukhari 6878 - Blood Money (Ad-Diyat) - Sunnah.com - Sayings and Teachings of Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلم)

The Infamous Sword Verse - Quran 9:5 - SCRIPTURE TWISTING 101 Ep. 3 - YouTube
I speak only for my own practice and what my teacher tell me, and as a pasifist it is clear to me killing is wrong action.

As i said, what others say is their words and understanding:)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Is it all right for a Muslim's to kill a 5' 2' female, former Muslim, Hatun Tash, who was preaching at speaker's corner, a place for dialogue between Christians and Muslim's, in London, even if the Muslim tradition says to slay/kill any apostate, and Muhammad himself killed women who criticized him? Hatun's main point is that although the Hufs Quran, written in the late 8th century, was made the canonical Quran in 1924, and all others thrown into the Nile, Hatun pointed out that there are at least 36 different variations of the Quran which can be bought in Islamic countries, and has shown 93,000 different variations in those Qurans, which is contrary to the message that there is only one Quran, whose copy is in heaven.
Killing is always a tragedy, and never right. It may be understandable and "no fault," such as with self defense, but even then it is unfortunate it had to be done.
Over victimless crimes (and crimes with victims) it is never right to kill. It solves nothing, it fixes nothing, and when it's done over religious dogma it is a great evil that has been afflicted upon the victim and world.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Is it all right for Muslims to kill Hatun Tash?

NO

That is why we have our own laws and Muslims should obey the Western Law when living in Western countries

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Some pick on Islam for killing others but religious and honor killings are not limited to Islam. Get raped? Be killed. Marry someone of a different religion? Be killed. Honor killing - Wikipedia

Apostasy - Wikipedia

Classical (Christian) canon law viewed apostasy as distinct from heresy and schism. Apostasy a fide, defined as total repudiation of the Christian faith, was considered as different from a theological standpoint from heresy, but subject to the same penalty of death by fire by decretist jurists.[46

epronovost

Does a person's height have something to do with whether they should be killed or not?

The Western world still retain some influence of the codes and proto-codes of chivalry which basically all state that attacking in direct combat a women, a child, a defenseless person or any combination of thereof is considered as a particularly dishonorable and cowardly behavior that deserves only shame and scorn. A knight is supposed to be brave, loyal and proper not some glorified bandit and pillager. It was to be considered improper for a knight to attack a non-combatant, especially a woman or a child. Of course, many knights didn't care all that much for chivalry, but it did serve as one of the first attempt at codifying and limiting bloodshed in wars in the West. That's why in most western countries, while directly attacking anybody outside of a self-defense context is illegal those who attack those who are perceived as clearly their weaker are particularly reviled and will often be punished more severely for such an action. Striking a woman is thus always considered a failure for a man, even is situation where a woman is aggressive and violent, it's uncomfortable and difficult for a man to use any sort of direct violence.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Where do these religious nut jobs get off thinking that because they worship this god or thay god that they somehow think they are above the law of the land they choise as home?

danieldemol

Premium Member
@2ndpillar No, it is wrong according to the law of the land in the west (as it should be).

Which is why we should limit immigration to people who believe in blasphemy and/or apostasy laws.