• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it a problem that Beto was part of a hacktivist group?

whirlingmerc

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 11.10.28 PM.png
The cult of the dead cow? so ... level with me.... if Beto also made up the name would it make a difference to you as far as voting?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Not sure what you mean by 'made up the name'.

No...no issue for me in this case. It's akin to being part of a trade union. Some are benign, some break laws (technically) but aren't dangerous, while others might border on terrorism or hardcore criminality.

Can't find too much about CDC that suggests they fell into the latter grouping.

Jumi

If he was running in my country, I'd consider it a bonus. A politician who understands cyber security and privacy issues seems like a rare diamond. If he's for the people then he sounds like a great choice.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I think it's a case of Trump supporters trying to find dirt on his potential opponents and are grasping at straws. They lack the self-awaress to see the irony in this.

wellwisher

Hacking is not lawful. Wasn't Russian hacking associated to all types of evil? The Democrats will not care, since lawlessness is what they do, and hypocrisy is their middle name. However, this may impact the Independent vote.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
So you're saying it really doesn't matter what the guy has done in the past as long as you agree with him?

I didn't say that. All I'm saying is that this particular allegation doesn't really seem like an automatic dealbreaker.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Do you not see that is what Donny's people have totally done? And he's a million times worse than Beto. I suppose you don't.

You may be right...oh, wait....Trump has never had a DWI or burglary arrest. As a matter of fact, Trump has never had an arrest. But, hey, let's not get caught up in facts...

Shad

Veteran Member
View attachment 27627 The cult of the dead cow? so ... level with me.... if Beto also made up the name would it make a difference to you as far as voting?

The name? No. More so I do not think he was any sort of hacker. It seems more like someone that used a computer for activism before social media of FB and twitter. IRC and BBCs.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You may be right...oh, wait....Trump has never had a DWI or burglary arrest. As a matter of fact, Trump has never had an arrest. But, hey, let's not get caught up in facts...
Facts can be such a problem.
People seize upon them as the reason to support whatever choice they've already
made. Think that people vote against Trump because he's a hoo hah grabber?
This is what matters most in their political philosophy? Nah.
It's just a fact to which they give great importance because it feels justifying.
About Beto....people will care about his having been a hacker if it helps how
they already feel.
Facts which matter....
Before looking at any candidate, consider what matters most to you.
Which policies do you oppose, & which do you want effected?
Only then consider the candidates, & what they'd likely do in office.
And stay true to what was important before you like or hate them.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Facts can be such a problem.
People seize upon them as the reason to support whatever choice they've already
made. Think that people vote against Trump because he's a hoo hah grabber?
This is what matters most in their political philosophy? Nah.
It's just a fact to which they give great importance because it feels justifying.
About Beto....people will care about his having been a hacker if it helps how
they already feel.
Facts which matter....
Before looking at any candidate, consider what matters most to you.
Which policies do you oppose, & which do you want effected?
Only then consider the candidates, & what they'd likely do in office.
And stay true to what was important before you like or hate them.
A life-long con-artist is much more respectable =)

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It's hard to convict a crime boss but when it comes to those he hires, the prisons are filling up with them. 2+2=4