• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Heaven Hell?

IsaiahX

Ape That Loves
Can you think of any way that an infinite afterlife can avoid becoming completely boring and repetive after a long enough period of time, essentially becoming a hell?

74x12

Can you think of any way that an infinite afterlife can avoid becoming completely boring and repetive after a long enough period of time, essentially becoming a hell?
The so called heaven (that is to mean the eternal paradise, reward for the just) is within. The point of the holy scriptures is that they'll be changed. Transformed. So no; it won't be boring. Which is human weakness of the flesh. The flesh cannot inherit that kingdom. And the heights of joy or ecstasy etc.

74x12

It's not the place that matters the most but the state of mind. The concept that heaven is within means you cannot have hell because you have unending joy and peace. So there is no hell state of mind.

Earthling

David Henson

Why? If you never got old, sick, weak and your intellectual capacity increased to an unimaginable degree, why not see what happens in the future. If you were born a thousand years ago would you be bored right now?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I can think of a way.....a VOID cannot become hell

with no means to pronounce......I AM!
and yet to be self aware....

It is the one mystery we cannot resolve....
How did God create?
How did He become self aware and then make pronouncement?

and He said to Moses....
Tell the people.....I AM!....and they shall know whose law this is

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member

I wouldn't say it would be hellish, but I think after a few thousand years it would indeed get boring

I'd personally like to experience heaven once I die but only for a while, after which I'd like to be reincarnated and become a new person

Dave Watchman

No, heaven is not hell.

Yes, i can think of many ways.

Because God did it already. He came from an infinity past, where He had not a birthday.

And He made a physical universe for us to interact with Him.

Have you not heard it said that: "there's never enough time" ?

Based on the physicality that Jesus displayed during His last 40 days on earth, i think i'll be drinking from the fruit of the vine and eating stuffed green peppers on my farm in the country after i finish up some projects that i ran out of time for here in this life.

Then i could change into a ball of light and travel across the solar system in swift flight like Gabriel did when visiting Daniel. And then get myself back to the garden to ride my horse and pet my cat at my farm house paradise. And worship the Lord on the Earth made new. Where He will be our God and we will be His People. For we know that the whole Creation has been groaning for the revelation of the Sons of God.

“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”

The universe is infinite, i've got to find the end of it.

I can't be stopped by time.

I am a traveler of both time and space,
To be where i have dreamed.

Sit with elders of the gentile race,
This world has seldom seen.

Talk of days for which they sit and wait,
All will be revealed

Peaceful Sabbath. :)

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
If there is an eternal utopia, it would not become hell, otherwise it is not eternal utopia. Why would there be an eternal hell that starts off seeming like utopia but then slowly morphs to hell?