• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Hamas Being Delusional?

Shuttlecraft

.Navigator
No offence to my Jewish friends but I don't know why they think God will protect Israel.
Doesn't this verse apply to them or what?-

"How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot,....it is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God" (Hebrews 10:29-31)

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
I base my support for a particular idea on what I think is the best, based on my knowledge and beliefs. I cant go and love and post respectfully about Hamas, ISIS or some 10,000 people who use Freedom of Speech to limit Freedom of Speech. If thats what you mean by my "Anti Arab and Anti Muslim crap". Will you post respectfully about White Supremacists? Will you go and speak lovingly to KKK? I will never and I presume you will neither, even though Christ tells us to love those who hate us. And I see Hamas, Islamists and their supporters no different from KKK.
Please dont say I am Anti Muslim. I agree I have very negative views about Islam and just absolutely hate Islamism but not the avg. Muslim.
Just a sidenote, saying that I post Anti Arab crap doesnt make sense, because I am a half Syrian myself.

No, I'm not saying you should love Hamas, ISIS, Al-Qaeda or any group like that. I just do seem to get a strong anti-Muslim vibe from you and since we both follow traditional forms of Christianity, I view you as more of a brother in the Faith than, say, an American Evangelical Protestant that goes to a megachurch and who is a Christian Zionist. So it kinda worries me.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
You mean this?

HAMAS:

HAMAS: “We Aim Our Rockets, But Their God Changes Their Path Mid Air”

An Israeli commander claimed that hundred of Israeli lives were saved recently by “The Hand Of God”.
He claims that God stopped a Hamas rocket.
The Israeli commander described the attack on a Hebrew-language website:
“A missile was fired from Gaza. Iron Dome precisely calculated [its trajectory]. We know where these missiles are going to land down to a radius of 200 meters. This particular missile was going to hit either the Azrieli Towers, the Kirya (Israel’s equivalent of the Pentagon) or [a central Tel Aviv railway station]. Hundreds could have died.
We fired the first [interceptor]. It missed. Second [interceptor]. It missed. This is very rare. I was in shock. At this point we had just four seconds until the missile lands. We had already notified emergency services to converge on the target location and had warned of a mass-casualty incident.
Suddenly, Iron Dome (which calculates wind speeds, among other things) shows a major wind coming from the east, a strong wind that … sends the missile into the sea. We were all stunned. I stood up and shouted, ‘There is a God!”

That was superman. :D

Shuttlecraft

.Navigator
"An Israeli commander claimed that hundred of Israeli lives were saved recently by “The Hand Of God”.
He claims that God stopped a Hamas rocket"

-----------------------------------------------

Nah, the rockets were just cheap junk that couldn't hit a barn door..:)
(Some ripoff merchant made a tidy sum selling them to Hamas)

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
In what world is $3 billion a year in advanced weaponry comparable to $300 million a year? Does Hamas have fighter jets and missiles?

"Terrorism". :rolleyes:

You can roll your eyes all you want but these radicals also have the capability of killing many people, in case you don't actually get the news. Nor did you actually deal with the point I made, which suggests that maybe even you realize your inconsistency. If you don't, then maybe you should go and do some homework.

metis

No offence to my Jewish friends but I don't know why they think God will protect Israel.

"How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot,....it is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God" (Hebrews 10:29-31)

Well, as the American saying goes, "praise God and pass the ammunition".

CMike

We don't believe in the christian bible, however, this is from Deuternomy 20

Deuteronomy - Chapter 20 (Parshah Shoftim) - Tanakh Online - Torah - Bible

1. When you go out to war against your enemies, and you see horse and chariot, a people more numerous than you, you shall not be afraid of them, for the Lord, your God is with you Who brought you up out of the land of Egypt.

2. And it will be, when you approach the battle, that the kohen shall come near, and speak to the people.

3. And he shall say to them, "Hear, O Israel, today you are approaching the battle against your enemies. Let your hearts not be faint; you shall not be afraid, and you shall not be alarmed, and you shall not be terrified because of them.

4. For the Lord, your God, is the One Who goes with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.

CMike

"An Israeli commander claimed that hundred of Israeli lives were saved recently by “The Hand Of God”.
He claims that God stopped a Hamas rocket"
-----------------------------------------------

Nah, the rockets were just cheap junk that couldn't hit a barn door..:)
(Some ripoff merchant made a tidy sum selling them to Hamas)

You shoot 18,000 of them some of them are going to hit something important.

metis

And Hamas has received loads of money from Qatar, Turkey, and even the US.

That latter item is sort of deceptive since the funds do not directly go to Hamas but go to the Palestinian Authority, which of course has a unity agreement with Hamas. How much ends up going to Hamas is not known, at least as far as I know, but it probably doesn't go to any weaponry since Hamas' source for that has been cut off.

CMike

That latter item is sort of deceptive since the funds do not directly go to Hamas but go to the Palestinian Authority, which of course has a unity agreement with Hamas. How much ends up going to Hamas is not known, at least as far as I know, but it probably doesn't go to any weaponry since Hamas' source for that has been cut off.
It's not deceptive.

The US gave $100 million to them last year and pledged $47 million more.

It's pretty clear what the Gaza government has done with the hundreds of millions of dollars of aid. They certainly haven't used it for the welfare of the people.

Each terror tunnel cost about $3million. Israel destroyed more than 32 of them. That is $96 million that went into terror tunnels.

We aren't even talking about the rocket and rocket launchers.

Any money that is given to them is going to try and destroy Israel.

metis

It's not deceptive.

The US gave $100 million to them last year and pledged $47 million more.

It's pretty clear what the Gaza government has done with the hundreds of millions of dollars of aid. They certainly haven't used it for the welfare of the people.

Each terror tunnel cost about $3million. Israel destroyed more than 32 of them. That is $96 million that went into terror tunnels.

We aren't even talking about the rocket and rocket launchers.

Any money that is given to them is going to try and destroy Israel.

The aid is humanitarian aid, and I mentioned it before but I'll mention it again that I do not oppose that aid as long as it goes to that cause. Letting the people in Gaza starve and denying them health care isn't going to help matters for anyone, including Israelis.

CMike

The aid is humanitarian aid, and I mentioned it before but I'll mention it again that I do not oppose that aid as long as it goes to that cause. Letting the people in Gaza starve and denying them health care isn't going to help matters for anyone, including Israelis.
It hasn't been going to that cause. That's my point.

It's been going for terror.

They use their own people as human shields.

How much do you think they care about their welfare?

metis

It hasn't been going to that cause. That's my point.

It's been going for terror.

They use their own people as human shields.

How much do you think they care about their welfare?

It can't at this point go for "terror" as their supply has been cut off, including any monies directly sent to Hamas.

CMike

It can't at this point go for "terror" as their supply has been cut off, including any monies directly sent to Hamas.
What do you base that on?

Why couldn't Hamas build their own rockets within Gaza? They aren't very sophisticated.

metis

What do you base that on?

Why couldn't Hamas build their own rockets within Gaza? They aren't very sophisticated.

The tunnels between them and Egypt have been mostly cut off since the Egyptian government is no friend of Hamas, nor can their get their weaponry by sea. As far as homemade is concerned, that can be done with or without aid. I certainly am not saying that it would stop Hamas if aid continues, but the reality is that a starving and medically-deprived Palestinian population helps no one, including Israel.

CMike

The tunnels between them and Egypt have been mostly cut off since the Egyptian government is no friend of Hamas, nor can their get their weaponry by sea. As far as homemade is concerned, that can be done with or without aid. I certainly am not saying that it would stop Hamas if aid continues, but the reality is that a starving and medically-deprived Palestinian population helps no one, including Israel.
It hasn't been going for the people. They have shown that they could care less about it.

It's going to fund their terror machine. Why would you think it would go for a different purpose in the future?

They can create their own weaponary. It still costs money to do.

metis

It hasn't been going for the people. They have shown that they could care less about it.

It's going to fund their terror machine. Why would you think it would go for a different purpose in the future?

A large part of the problem that we as Americans have is to throw money at a problem and then feel that we have really accomplished something. What we obviously need to do far more of is to keep track of where and to whom it goes, and they use leverage in terms of, if it's not spent properly, the spigot is turned off-- period.

So, what I'm essentially saying is that, since these monies are now going through Abbas' P.A., they should be forewarned that if what is sent down to Gaza is not spent as directed, we will cut all aid to the P.A. Me thinks they'll get "religion" in a hurry.