• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is gullibility a virtue in Christianity?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
that is correct. life's symbol in my opinion is the snake that eats it's tail. and it is a circle. life doesn't need anything apart itself, it has all it needs. who created the unbreakable circle? God in my opinion. that something that started the circle.

Nothing was created. Life is this analogy of the snake biting its tail. Its an endless loop. In reality, life is the snake biting its tail. There is nothing outside life to where that isnt part of life as well. What exists is a part of life. Since nothing pops into thin air, life recycles itself in different forms (goes in a circle). We dont create things from nonexistance but create things from material already existing. This laws of nature doesnt change just because humans arent around to see it.

Its nice to think there is an origin of what put the snake there; but, in analogy, the snake isnt a separate entity. Its life. Nothing outside it.

I mean, not many people like the concept of life always existing as a circle never ends (or snake bites its tail) type of thing. We have different beliefs but they are neither right or wrong (rather than factual or fiction) is based on the person.

We just change form. No one put the snake there. Its always existed. It is the circle itself. It is the creator and creation. It. Just. Is.

syo

Nothing was created. Life is this analogy of the snake biting its tail. Its an endless loop. In reality, life is the snake biting its tail. There is nothing outside life to where that isnt part of life as well. What exists is a part of life. Since nothing pops into thin air, life recycles itself in different forms (goes in a circle). We dont create things from nonexistance but create things from material already existing. This laws of nature doesnt change just because humans arent around to see it.

Its nice to think there is an origin of what put the snake there; but, in analogy, the snake isnt a separate entity. Its life. Nothing outside it.

I mean, not many people like the concept of life always existing as a circle never ends (or snake bites its tail) type of thing. We have different beliefs but they are neither right or wrong (rather than factual or fiction) is based on the person.

We just change form. No one put the snake there. Its always existed. It is the circle itself. It is the creator and creation. It. Just. Is.
yes, but without god can we find true morals?

edit

the ten comands in accord with Jesus' teachings? doesn't a God give meaning to life?

nPeace

Veteran Member
Muslims are doing the same. They didn't see Muhammed ascend to heaven on a winged horse and split the moon in half, but they trust the reports. Why don't you believe Muhammed ascended to heaven on a winged horse and split the moon in half?
For the same reason I don't believe the universe poofed into existence from nothing, without an intelligent cause.

You see, those of us outside of any religion's indoctrination can see the miracles of both Christianity and Islam as fables.
Sure. We can say anything we like. Seems to me, those who claim to be outside of any religion's indoctrination, are merely trying their best to deny their religious affiliation.
How many miracles are required to get life according to your belief?
Seems to me, more than Jesus and Muhammad put together.

Last edited:

Rational Agnostic

For the same reason I don't believe the universe poofed into existence from nothing, without an intelligent cause.

Sure. We can say anything we like. Seems to me, those who claim to be outside of any religion's indoctrination, are merely trying their best to deny the their religious affiliation.
How many miracles are required to get life according to your belief?
Seems to me, more than Jesus and Muhammad put together.

I don't believe the universe "poofed" into existence from nothing. Whether or not it had an intelligent cause I don't know. I tend to think not as that would only open up a new can of worms---what caused the intelligent cause?

Audie

Veteran Member
Shrugs.

I dont believe things come from nowhere; so, I guess you can say the circle always existed in one form or another.

@syo

I guess another way to put it is if you have a donut tub with water in it with a motor. The water goes in a circle until the motor stops. There is no beginning nor end point to which the water starts and stops flowing. Thats the definition Im speaking of.

But if a starting point meaning the water just appeared out of nowhere, that, I disagree with. I dont know any other reference to starting point since life works in a cycle and recycles itself into many forms both living and none.

Having beliefs about our origin and destination is fine. Thats different than equating our beliefs and theories as facts and mathematics.

I figure math exists whether or not there is a universe,
so in that sense the circle, and the oblate cycloid have
always existed.

nPeace

Veteran Member
I don't believe the universe "poofed" into existence from nothing. Whether or not it had an intelligent cause I don't know. I tend to think not as that would only open up a new can of worms---what caused the intelligent cause?
If you don't know whether or not it had an intelligent cause, why bother with a question like - what caused the intelligent cause? Would you know that... even if someone gave you an answer?

Audie

Veteran Member

So...wno does think it poofed from nothing?
Nobody I know of expceptin' some religious folks,
who think it was god-poofed.

Audie

Veteran Member
that is correct. life's symbol in my opinion is the snake that eats it's tail. and it is a circle. life doesn't need anything apart itself, it has all it needs. who created the unbreakable circle? God in my opinion. that something that started the circle.

Yeah, well, wait till the snake eats up to the back of its own
head, then hooks its front teeth over its nose.

That is a "poof". Gone.

Audie

Veteran Member

edit

the ten comands in accord with Jesus' teachings? doesn't a God give meaning to life?

With a god, how could we possibly? Every one reads the
teachin's differently and if it is lead by example?

"God" as per Christianity, is a psycho monster.
A law unto himself, arbitrary, capricious, and
utterly deadly.

What the heck is "true" morality anyway?

There is no rule that covers all circumstances.

Rational Agnostic

If you don't know whether or not it had an intelligent cause, why bother with a question like - what caused the intelligent cause? Would you know that... even if someone gave you an answer?

No, I wouldn't. I don't claim to know about the origins of the universe. That's why I'm a devout agnostic. I have no position on the matter.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Muslims are doing the same. They didn't see Muhammed ascend to heaven on a winged horse and split the moon in half, but they trust the reports. Why don't you believe Muhammed ascended to heaven on a winged horse and split the moon in half?

You see, those of us outside of any religion's indoctrination can see the miracles of both Christianity and Islam as fables.

It took me a minute, but now I think I see your point. You think that all religious people are automatically gullible!

Bear Wild

edit

Of course we can find true morals. You do not need a god to give us morals since man creates morals herself or himself. Experience give us what we need to create morals. Look at the golden rule in Mathews gospel. Confucius said the same basic thing in a much earlier time. Did god give that moral view to Confucius or did Mathew just reword it slightly and claim it Christian? Native Americans have wonderful morals, were they given to them by the Christian god? Science can also teach us and we can develop morals from there. The bushmen of the Kalahari desert have morals. Did god visit them to teach them morals. It seems that humans have the capacity to create good morals without a god telling them anything.

Also if god said thou shalt not kill why do so many people in the Abraham traditions continue to kill? Was that a moral we could change to our liking?

Bear Wild

What harm would there be if Christ’s teaching to love thy neighbor were to be practiced universally? Would it cause peace or war? Reconciliation or confrontation? Such teachings are the life of our world and it’s precisely because people have turned away from love that humanity is enmeshed in so many sorrows and griefs.

Love is the law that Jesus brought and that was His message to love one another.

Love should be extended to all life and to treat all life with respect.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Nah. it is that YOU WOULD TRUST ANYONE OR ANYTHING YOU HAVE NOT SEEN. ;D

Fair is fair,right?

Yes, but that's not fair. I have several thousand hours by now of studying the Bible using outside-the-Bible sources. Be real. Your expertise seems to lie mainly in arguing about the Bible without doing the homework.

Audie

Veteran Member
Yes, but that's not fair. I have several thousand hours by now of studying the Bible using outside-the-Bible sources. Be real. Your expertise seems to lie mainly in arguing about the Bible without doing the homework.

You have said that yes, you "would would believe anything..."
Freudian slip, maybe. :D

Or maybe you refer to "fair is fair" No way to tell as your
response from there is as OT as if youj were talking soy beans.

You have wasted a huge amount of time studying that,
book, but, your loss.

Whar "arguing about the bible" are you referring to?

It does not years of bible-study to recognize that a literal
reading of the bible gets one a real 6 day poof n floof.
But you dont claim that anyway.)

Did I say anything that qualifies as my opinion of bible
v yours?

I dont recall any. Generally, I point out instances
where you make things up.

Be real?
I kinda think that your description of you
arguing from years of study v my level of
expertise is, yep, made up.

"Be real" is what I've been urging from you!

I wonder if maybe you 'd like to just experiment
a bit, see how it is to post without making anything up!!