• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God water? Is water God?

JSUN

Is God water? is water God?

Before I get in to this, I am not saying this is what I believe! This is something I've been thinking about for awhile. Im just looking for your and opinions. That and to provoke some thought.

Water is the most abundant molecule in the universe and it is also the most abundant solid substance in space. Water molecules are everywhere. Water is the life-giver in our physical world. By definition God is the Life-giver. Water is the only substance that can exists naturally in three forms, gas, solid and liquid, God is described as the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

So think of the Father as being equivalent to water vapor. It is everywhere but remains unseen. God is also everywhere and remains unseen. Jesus, the son would be compared to ice. Which would be the solid form of water. Jesus, whom spent time on earth and was seen by many. He was referred to as the Rock, something solid. Water is the only substance to expand when it gets colder which in turn makes it float, Rise up. If ice did not float, life would not be possible. At least as life appears today. So the Bible says that Jesus rose from his tomb so we could have eternal life, spiritual life! Ice also preserves or saves things. In Jesus Christ, we are saved from our sin.

Now, The Holy Spirit would be equivalent to water. It is said to live in all living creatures. The Holy Spirit is sent from God to do His work on earth. Water is sent from the clouds to rain down on the earth. To cleanse and to nourish. The Holy Spirit is used to baptize and wash our souls while water is used to wash our bodies. To cleanse or to make new.

Water that has been evaporated, rises. Water on earth is full of dirt and debris. As it rises it is freed of the things that bog it down or that makes it un pure. As it is said we also would be freed from our earthly restraints, dirt. As we rise into the heavens to be with God.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Here it almost sounds like there was only water to begin with. Here at least it doesn't say God created water. So is water God?

There many who believe that water has memory. Masaru Emoto was a Japanese author and entrepreneur, who claimed that human consciousness has an effect on the molecular structure of water. Emoto's work explored his theory that water could react positively or negatively to thoughts and words. Polluted water could be cleaned through prayer and positive visualization. This can be looked up on youtube, Very Interesting on its own. Is this how our thoughts and prayers are transported to God? By water up to the sky to the clouds. Is this why we should pray over our food and drink?

Think about the last time you really looked at a glass of water. Now each water molecule is said to have 440,000 panels to store information on. How does it collect this information? I don't know, but it sounds like water can see. It reflects light, images, in much the same way as our eyes. Now think about then journey of a drop of water. Where all it's been. What all it has seen and heard. From Falling from the sky, to rising back up again and everything in between. The possibilities are staggering. What about the journey of your last dink of water. Was it down a mountain that ran into a river. Listing to bird sing and watch the sky go by. Like you did as a kid in the back seat of a car. Or did it travel from a treatment plant where it was then sent through miles and mile of underground pipes to your house.

So what if the oceans and the seas are big memory bank. Where all the information of the world is stored and processed. Where every thought, image, and the blue print to everything ever in existence is keep. Water can be seen as the oldest chemist ever. Mixing and matching different combinations together. Creating, rearranging, adding, subtracting, everything with everything forever. staggering once again.

God said we were made in his image. When you look into a pond you see your reflection, your image. Everywhere I looked these numbers up they were different. As babies we are around 80 to 90 percent water. This is higher than in an adults, which has 57 to 60 percent water. As we get order and more corrupt and beat down by the world. Is this the reason why we lose such a large amount of water in our bodies. If we believe and trust in God. Do we retain more water as we get older? It is also said that God is in every living thing. Is this by water? Humans have always wondered where our souls are located. What if our souls are made of water. When we die our bodies dry up and turn to dust. The water evaporates and everything else stays on the earth.
I posted most of this on a web page awhile back. I had on person say "God can't be contained and that water could." Well you could burry a container of water miles underground, it might take a long time but the water will evaporate. This same person said "water doesn't show emotion." A flood that takes out a whole town appears to be full of emotion. How about a big storm passing over your house? Set down by a steam and just list to how calming it is. Better yet! After a long day. Fill your bathtub up with water. Tell me it's not one of the most soothing things in the world. How about a spring rain? Gently cleaning and nourishing everything in sight. Sounds very caring to me.
There is more that can be said about this, but for now I'm going to leave it at that. Like I said I am just look for opinions no matter what they are. I'm not trying to get anyone to believe in this theory. Water is mentioned in the Bible 722 times. If nothing else it seems to have some importance. Thank you for your time. Have a great day.

Sees

Dragonslayer
  • Cool thread, if a bit strange. I've always had a strong fondness for water, on a spiritual level even. Fire and ice, heat and water :)

HekaMa'atRa

Very interesting read! Ancient Kemetic creation texts has a very similar beginning with references to water and a possible link to the Divine (Netjer) being water.

Here the Great God Amun Ra says:

I am the waters, unique without second. That is where I developed on the first great occasion of my floating that happened to me – out of the flood, out of the darkness, and out of isfet (chaos). I am the one who had developed – circlet in his egg. I am the one who began in Nun (Nun is the name of primeval waters who is also a God) . The flood is subtracted from me and I am the remainder. It was through my own effectiveness that I brought about my body, my Ka (life spirit), and my Ba (soul). I am the one who made me. It was as I wished, according to my heart, that I built myself.

JSUN

Very interesting read! Ancient Kemetic creation texts has a very similar beginning with references to water and a possible link to the Divine (Netjer) being water.

Here the Great God Amun Ra says:

I am the waters, unique without second. That is where I developed on the first great occasion of my floating that happened to me – out of the flood, out of the darkness, and out of isfet (chaos). I am the one who had developed – circlet in his egg. I am the one who began in Nun (Nun is the name of primeval waters who is also a God) . The flood is subtracted from me and I am the remainder. It was through my own effectiveness that I brought about my body, my Ka (life spirit), and my Ba (soul). I am the one who made me. It was as I wished, according to my heart, that I built myself.
I have not had time to looking at what other religions have to say about the importance of water. I hope to at some point. Thank you for your time and comment.

JSUN

If god was molecule, it'd be Dimethyltryptamine.

From what I understand dimethyltryptamine could not exist without water. it naturally occurs in plant animals and humans. All of which need water to exist. Water doesn't need these things to exist. Ty for the post.

Baladas

An Págánach
Very interesting post, I really enjoyed it. I have always loved water, from rivers to rain drops. :D

As a Panentheist, I can honestly say that water is God to me. So is the air. So are trees. So are we all. I know that's not what you meant though. ;)

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Is God water? is water God?..... I am not saying this is what I believe! This is something I've been thinking about for awhile. Im just looking for your ...opinions......... no matter what they are.

Peace be on you.
1= According to Holy Quran, water is a creation of God.
[ch2:v23] Who made the earth a bed for you, and the heaven a roof, and caused water to come down from the clouds and therewith brought forth fruits for your sustenance. Set not up, therefore, equals to Allah, while you know.

2= In
metaphoric way, it represent divine revelation:
[Holy Quran ch11:v8] And He it is Who created the heavens and the earth in six periods, and His throne rests on water, that He might prove you
to show which of you is best in conduct. And if thou say, ‘You shall surely be raised after death,’ those who disbelieve will certainly say, ‘This is nothing but clear deception.’

Note 1389 @ The Holy Quran

3= "The overall scenario as presented by the Holy Quran envisions life as having been advanced step by step from dust, from water, from clay and also from fermenting blackish mud which subsequently turned into dry, ringing clay."
Source: Life in the Perspective of Quranic Revelations—A Brief Introductory Chapter

4= WATER— Are We Drinking Enough? @ The Farewell Address

JSUN

Very interesting post, I really enjoyed it. I have always loved water, from rivers to rain drops. :D

As a Panentheist, I can honestly say that water is God to me. So is the air. So are trees. So are we all. I know that's not what you meant though. ;)

God is said to be in everything. God is in all you described. So is water. However those things are not in water. Thank you for the post.

JSUN

Peace be on you.
1= According to Holy Quran, water is a creation of God.
[ch2:v23] Who made the earth a bed for you, and the heaven a roof, and caused water to come down from the clouds and therewith brought forth fruits for your sustenance. Set not up, therefore, equals to Allah, while you know.

2= In
metaphoric way, it represent divine revelation:
[Holy Quran ch11:v8] And He it is Who created the heavens and the earth in six periods, and His throne rests on water, that He might prove you
to show which of you is best in conduct. And if thou say, ‘You shall surely be raised after death,’ those who disbelieve will certainly say, ‘This is nothing but clear deception.’

Note 1389 @ The Holy Quran

3= "The overall scenario as presented by the Holy Quran envisions life as having been advanced step by step from dust, from water, from clay and also from fermenting blackish mud which subsequently turned into dry, ringing clay."
Source: Life in the Perspective of Quranic Revelations—A Brief Introductory Chapter

4= WATER— Are We Drinking Enough? @ The Farewell Address
Can you please show me where it says God created the water? Thank you

Baladas

An Págánach
God is said to be in everything. God is in all you described. So is water. However those things are not in water. Thank you for the post.
This is true. From a non-dual perspective though, everything is "part" of the same whole. Water is often used as imagery for this viewpoint. As in "I am as a drop of water in the ocean"... Sorry, I wont derail your thread with this.

As a former Christian, I can really see where you are coming from with your analogies of the Holy Trinity as water in it's different states.

I really do enjoy the ideas you have put forth here. They are quite well thought out. :)

I am not sure that I can exactly agree with the idea of the Christian God being water, but I like the analogy of water a lot.

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Since the thread is pretty long, I'll refrain from quoting. I don't believe in God as a being; but, I do believe we came from God as the source of all life--who is life. We came from water and water purifies us as well as cleans us physically. We are made up of water. So, since water is our birth and is part of us and so is "God" who Is life, is in part, water. As a child is part of his or her parent.God, if you like, communicates with us giving us purity and knowing Him through baptism in water; and that water, through baptism is of the Holy Spirit.

"There many who believe that water has memory. Masaru Emoto was a Japanese author and entrepreneur, who claimed that human consciousness has an effect on the molecular structure of water. Emoto's work explored his theory that water could react positively or negatively to thoughts and words. Polluted water could be cleaned through prayer and positive visualization. This can be looked up on youtube, Very Interesting on its own. Is this how our thoughts and prayers are transported to God? By water up to the sky to the clouds. Is this why we should pray over our food and drink?"

I'd think this is a
similar if not the same fact of water being part of God. Jesus being ice, that is different for me to hear. I'd have to look Masaru Emoto up. Sounds interesting.

Good topic.

Is God water? is water God?
Before I get in to this, I am not saying this is what I believe! This is something I've been thinking about for awhile. Im just looking for your and opinions. That and to provoke some thought.

Water is the most abundant molecule in the universe and it is also the most abundant solid substance in space. Water molecules are everywhere. Water is the life-giver in our physical world. By definition God is the Life-giver. Water is the only substance that can exists naturally in three forms, gas, solid and liquid, God is described as the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

So think of the Father as being equivalent to water vapor. It is everywhere but remains unseen. God is also everywhere and remains unseen. Jesus, the son would be compared to ice. Which would be the solid form of water. Jesus, whom spent time on earth and was seen by many. He was referred to as the Rock, something solid. Water is the only substance to expand when it gets colder which in turn makes it float, Rise up. If ice did not float, life would not be possible. At least as life appears today. So the Bible says that Jesus rose from his tomb so we could have eternal life, spiritual life! Ice also preserves or saves things. In Jesus Christ, we are saved from our sin.

Now, The Holy Spirit would be equivalent to water. It is said to live in all living creatures. The Holy Spirit is sent from God to do His work on earth. Water is sent from the clouds to rain down on the earth. To cleanse and to nourish. The Holy Spirit is used to baptize and wash our souls while water is used to wash our bodies. To cleanse or to make new.

Water that has been evaporated, rises. Water on earth is full of dirt and debris. As it rises it is freed of the things that bog it down or that makes it un pure. As it is said we also would be freed from our earthly restraints, dirt. As we rise into the heavens to be with God.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Here it almost sounds like there was only water to begin with. Here at least it doesn't say God created water. So is water God?

There many who believe that water has memory. Masaru Emoto was a Japanese author and entrepreneur, who claimed that human consciousness has an effect on the molecular structure of water. Emoto's work explored his theory that water could react positively or negatively to thoughts and words. Polluted water could be cleaned through prayer and positive visualization. This can be looked up on youtube, Very Interesting on its own. Is this how our thoughts and prayers are transported to God? By water up to the sky to the clouds. Is this why we should pray over our food and drink?

Think about the last time you really looked at a glass of water. Now each water molecule is said to have 440,000 panels to store information on. How does it collect this information? I don't know, but it sounds like water can see. It reflects light, images, in much the same way as our eyes. Now think about then journey of a drop of water. Where all it's been. What all it has seen and heard. From Falling from the sky, to rising back up again and everything in between. The possibilities are staggering. What about the journey of your last dink of water. Was it down a mountain that ran into a river. Listing to bird sing and watch the sky go by. Like you did as a kid in the back seat of a car. Or did it travel from a treatment plant where it was then sent through miles and mile of underground pipes to your house.

So what if the oceans and the seas are big memory bank. Where all the information of the world is stored and processed. Where every thought, image, and the blue print to everything ever in existence is keep. Water can be seen as the oldest chemist ever. Mixing and matching different combinations together. Creating, rearranging, adding, subtracting, everything with everything forever. staggering once again.

God said we were made in his image. When you look into a pond you see your reflection, your image. Everywhere I looked these numbers up they were different. As babies we are around 80 to 90 percent water. This is higher than in an adults, which has 57 to 60 percent water. As we get order and more corrupt and beat down by the world. Is this the reason why we lose such a large amount of water in our bodies. If we believe and trust in God. Do we retain more water as we get older? It is also said that God is in every living thing. Is this by water? Humans have always wondered where our souls are located. What if our souls are made of water. When we die our bodies dry up and turn to dust. The water evaporates and everything else stays on the earth.
I posted most of this on a web page awhile back. I had on person say "God can't be contained and that water could." Well you could burry a container of water miles underground, it might take a long time but the water will evaporate. This same person said "water doesn't show emotion." A flood that takes out a whole town appears to be full of emotion. How about a big storm passing over your house? Set down by a steam and just list to how calming it is. Better yet! After a long day. Fill your bathtub up with water. Tell me it's not one of the most soothing things in the world. How about a spring rain? Gently cleaning and nourishing everything in sight. Sounds very caring to me.
There is more that can be said about this, but for now I'm going to leave it at that. Like I said I am just look for opinions no matter what they are. I'm not trying to get anyone to believe in this theory. Water is mentioned in the Bible 722 times. If nothing else it seems to have some importance. Thank you for your time. Have a great day.

Last edited:

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Can you please show me where it says God created the water? Thank you
Peace be on you.

Though first item in above #9 means it so, additionally a
Quick note:

God created heaven and earth and all that is in between the two:
[15:86] And We have not created the heavens and the earth and all that is between the two but in accordance with the requirements of wisdom; and the Hour is sure to come. So turn away from them in a comely manner.

God caused water to come down from clouds:

So water is a creation too, since clouds are between heaven and earth.

Last edited:

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Don't mean to burst your bubble out of the gate, but first of all, water isn't a solid substance. It's a liquid substance. If it were solid, it'd be ice -- not water. Second, what you're describing in the equation of the Trinity with the three forms of water is the classic heresy called "modalism."

Since you're presenting a theological construct of "God-as-molecule," why not choose carbon, because carbon is the basis for life as we know it.

JSUN

Since the thread is pretty long, I'll refrain from quoting. I don't believe in God as a being; but, I do believe we came from God as the source of all life--who is life. We came from water and water purifies us as well as cleans us physically. We are made up of water. So, since water is our birth and is part of us and so is "God" who Is life, is in part, water. As a child is part of his or her parent.God, if you like, communicates with us giving us purity and knowing Him through baptism in water; and that water, through baptism is of the Holy Spirit.

"There many who believe that water has memory. Masaru Emoto was a Japanese author and entrepreneur, who claimed that human consciousness has an effect on the molecular structure of water. Emoto's work explored his theory that water could react positively or negatively to thoughts and words. Polluted water could be cleaned through prayer and positive visualization. This can be looked up on youtube, Very Interesting on its own. Is this how our thoughts and prayers are transported to God? By water up to the sky to the clouds. Is this why we should pray over our food and drink?"

I'd think this is a
similar if not the same fact of water being part of God. Jesus being ice, that is different for me to hear. I'd have to look Masaru Emoto up. Sounds interesting.

Good topic.
sorry... I didn't mean that Jesus is ice. Those parts was meant to be seen as an analogy. Thank you for the post

JSUN

Don't mean to burst your bubble out of the gate, but first of all, water isn't a solid substance. It's a liquid substance. If it were solid, it'd be ice -- not water. Second, what you're describing in the equation of the Trinity with the three forms of water is the classic heresy called "modalism."

Since you're presenting a theological construct of "God-as-molecule," why not choose carbon, because carbon is the basis for life as we know it.
We'll... I don't think I said water was a solid... I don't think that. I understand about carbon. There are some who think that carbon could be replaced with something else to form life. Pertaining to modalism......that's not what I'm trying to do.The only thing I'm trying to do is to find out where it says, that God created water. No bubbles where harmed during the last post. Thank you for your time

Last edited:

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
We'll... I don't think I said water was a solid... I don't think that. I understand about carbon. There are some who think that carbon could be replaced with something else to form life. Pertaining to modalism......that's not what I'm trying to do.The only thing I'm trying to do is to find out where it says, that God created water. No bubbles where harmed during the last post. Thank you for your time
Here's where you said it:
Water is the most abundant molecule in the universe and it is also the most abundant solid substance in space.
You equated the Persons of the Trinity with the three states of water: liquid, solid, gaseous. That is classic Modalism -- that God simply changes state -- like water.

It doesn't say that God created water. What God did was separate the water. This is one reason why I don't buy creation ex nihilo.

TooRiel

I'm just going to leave this here, I will talk about it later. This may be related to the topic in question, but it is not intended as a direct answer

Ringwoodite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Ringwoodite is a high-pressure polymorph of olivine (a magnesium iron silicate) that is formed at high temperatures and pressures of the Earth's mantle between 525 and 660 km depth.

Ringwoodite is notable for being able to contain hydroxide ions (oxygen and hydrogen atoms bound together) within its structure.[4] Combined with evidence of its occurrence deep in the Earth's mantle, this suggests that there is from one to three times the world ocean's equivalent of water in the mantle transition zone from 410 to 660 km deep.[5][6]

This mineral was first identified in the Tenham meteorite in 1969,[7] and it is inferred to be present in large quantity in the Earth’s mantle.

Ringwoodite was named after the Australian earth scientist Ted Ringwood (1930–1993), who studied polymorphic phase transitions in the common mantle minerals olivine and pyroxene at pressures equivalent to depths as great as about 600 km.

Olivine, wadsleyite, and ringwoodite are polymorphs found in the upper mantle of the earth. At depths greater than about 660 km, other minerals, including some with the perovskite structure, are stable. The properties of these minerals determine many of the properties of the mantle."