• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God the enemy?

Misunderstood

Thanks, that was quick. To bad about the spiders, I felt they meant a lot to you and having them taken away; I don't think would help anything. It at least gave you a connection to something.

Also, thank you for the like, its always nice to have people like you, or at least what you said.

Well, I don't think he will change, and don't think it would be good if he did. If he is good as he says, we wouldn't want an evil God. It is very easy to see everything through ourselves, so we understand everything we see, think and believe by what we have seen and the things we know. That makes it very easy to misunderstand when someone tells us something. They are telling us something and feel we know everything they do and will see it the same they do. They just tell us what they want to convey their thoughts with without the supporting evidence. We fill in that evidence with the things we know. That causes us to competently misunderstand what is being said.

I will leave it there for now so it doesn't get to long.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Thank you. You are a good person. I love good and humble people. In certain parts of scripture I see a very compassionate god, and other scripture I see the epitome of Injustice and sadism. But God bless you have a great day.

Misunderstood

Thank you, God bless you also. I pray that I am a good and humble person.

I just hope you can keep the faith even when it feels difficult. And don't fret even if you slip up once in a while, David did many evil things and God loved him, He loves you too.

I don't know if I ever told you much about me, but my wife had Bipolar Schizoaffective, along with Dissociative Identity Disorders. Anyway it was quite interesting. But is what I wanted to say, she truly believed in God, same as you, she had her times that she would have problems with God and very much so with me, but always came back to God and myself. But before I met her, I would say I was a questioning believer. I believed because I could not prove he didn't exist, but had many questions about why He had to exist. But after my time with her I now firmly believe there is a God and I believe in that God.

Being around her (my wife) I could see God was very strong in her. Also I met many of her friends with different types of mental illness and saw the same thing. I also saw and experienced things that I cannot explain, as hard as I could try. I could not come up with anything but that God did exist. I don't know why her, or her friends were made to suffer with mental illness, maybe they have faith in God strong enough to hold their faith even being tortured as they usually are, so we can see God in them.

Stay strong and stay in touch if you need anything.

....only thing that saved them from God was Moses repeatedly telling God it was a stupid idea that would make him and them all the laughing stalk of their enemies.
Could you show also scripture for this case?

The common thing in all God's punishments is that death is for unrighteous and life for righteous.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Mat. 25:46

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23

This is the basis of all God's judgments. Because God has given life, He has also right to decide how He gives it and what are the conditions. That is why I think it is not right to call Him murderer, as the giver of life, He has right to decide how long it lasts.

I think His conditions are good, not unjust, nor cruel. I don't see any good reason why He should allow evil to continue forever. I think humans leaders are often the opposite, they want to kill those who are not evil and protect those who are evil.

If God kills evil, it can be seen loving because it ends evil. Allowing evil to continue forever would make this life eternal suffering for all. I don't think it would be loving.