• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God Self-Evident

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
if self is the image of god and one's spirit is GOD's; then isn't god self-evident?

genesis 1:27

1 corinthians 6:19-20

john 14:20

i am in the Father and the Father is in me, or I AM that i am?

Alley Oop

if self is the image of god and one's spirit is GOD's; then isn't god self-evident?

once you realize everything is happening for a reason and his name is Jesus Christ, you and God become self-evident.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
once you realize everything is happening for a reason and his name is Jesus Christ, you and God become self-evident.
i'm a monist. jesus would be a monist. meister eckhart, vedantans are monists, al-hallaj was a monist

you are a dualist. and the twain shall never meet.

as jacob saw god face to face at pineal/peniel

Last edited:

KW

It depends on your definition of God.

I believe that it is self evident that in order for anything to exist, something must be eternal.

Alley Oop

How would you properly support your claim then? Do you have anything more than confirmation bias, because right now with all of the waddling and quacking going on it looks like we have a duck.
faith is faith, if you don't have it, it's because you've not been illuminated as of yet.
i actually prefer people not believe me, i like relishing in my pearls alone. with my cat, too.

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.

If God is truly within, the through wise introspection through meditation, God should be self evident.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
faith is faith, if you don't have it, it's because you've not been illuminated as of yet.
i actually prefer people not believe me, i like relishing in my pearls alone. with my cat, too.
Faith is not a pathway to the truth. It appears to be merely a comforting sort of confirmation bias.

You may have faith, I have knowledge and knowledge trumps both faith and belief.

Alley Oop

Faith is not a pathway to the truth. It appears to be merely a comforting sort of confirmation bias.

You may have faith, I have knowledge and knowledge trumps both faith and belief.
you have a limited standard level of detail, the type adopted by decaying mortals on the way to the morgue.
not interested.