• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God secure about his sexuality? Assuming he can find a homo-sapien sexy?

Were God to exist. What is the best answer here:

• Gay acts would offend him

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, they clearly do not offend him

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • He doesn't like it, but he has an easy life of luxury, so I'm not concerned about what offends him

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Spiderman

Veteran Member
First off, if you are gay, does the word "homosexual offend you"?

Now, if you are reading this, "What are your thoughts about gays"? I've vowed to be real and honest with RF, so honestly, I'm kind of freaked out by two guys making love. I can't help it. I'm very hesitant to hang out with a gay man, because I have been told I'm hot and had guys come on to me. I had a gay man give me a ride to work, get me stoned, and touch my junk without my permission.

That said, it doesn't mean it's wrong just because I have a fear of it. I'm not scared of Lesbians because they aren't going to molest or come on to me, and if they did, it wouldn't bother me much, as I have been date-raped by a female, and woke up giggling with a funny story to share with my brother and friends. No problem!

So, my fear of gay men is more the fear of possible consequences of hanging out with them. There is also the consequence, that if I'm nice and hang out with them, other's will assume I'm gay.

Now, some of you are thinking: "if you have a problem with gay men, you could be insecure about your own sexuality". I'll admit, when I'm high, I get touchy feely with guys. Meaning I give them hugs, sometimes without their permission, and have been punched in the face for it. I give women hugs, but not as much, because women are more likely to call the police, security, authority figures, or their personal bouncers, where as guys are more likely to just try and knock my lights out, without authority figures getting involved.

However, I have no desire to sleep with or have any sexual relations with a guy. Some are handsome or charming, but never does that lead to a desire to sleep with or make out with them, and it doesn't lead to arousal ever (no matter what drugs or alcohol I'm on)!

So, how gay do you think I am? Maybe God is gay. He could have chosen hot babes to evangelize the world or write some of his book, (like myself or any heterosexual man is likely to do if he has God's powers). He chose a bunch of guys. Queen Esther did some awesome things for God (but she is a rare exception and didn't really perform miracles). Were there women like the 12 Apostles, female miracle workers like Elijah, Elisha, and Moses? No!

Why does being gay offend God? If God is secure about his sexuality, which is questionable, why would homosexual acts offend him? If he is so offended by it, he could change anyone's sexuality. It isn't like all gays want to be gay, and I have known gay Catholics who are in love with God, and beg God without cease to make them heterosexual.

God refuses, therefore, he clearly wants them to be gay. If a Father is ashamed or bothered by his gay son or daughter, and he has the power to switch it, he would do so.

Bottom line is, gay people don't choose to be gay. So why does God get offended by something that is not a choice? Gays are often bullied, rejected by friends, and rejected by family, over something they can't control. Were I God, I would admire people for being themselves in the face of rejection and bullying, rather than try to be fake or cover it up.

Bottom line is, gay people are simply not hurting God. God has the easiest life of anyone and probably lives in luxury like Donald Trump times a billion (while others suffer and starve to death). There is possibly one thing that is heroic about God, and certainly nothing that can harm him. So, stop worrying about Idolaters, atheists, or gays being so offensive to him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
The question in the title is a different question than the poll and there are multiple questions in the OP.

I'm assuming God has a sexuality because he invented sex, and obviously he invented pleasure receptors. He/she made body parts, the drive, the urges, romance etc. I'm sure he can relate to the pleasure he invented. If he invented beauty, surely he can appreciate it and be drawn to it.

If I had miracle-working powers I would not hang out with a bunch of guys, and would not have nothing but males write my book and work all the miracles. I'd be more likely to anoint females to do my will, if I had miracle-working powers. I think almost any heterosexual male would do the same thing, and enjoy the company of an attractive female over a bunch of guys. Even if society was Patriarchal, God doesn't have to choose to be like people and follow their terms.

The founders of Christianity were men (Jesus, 12 apostles, Paul). The founders of Judaism (Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses) were men. The founder of Islam was a guy. Bahá’u’lláh, Krishna, Zoroaster, Buddha, Confucius, and the head Shintos were male. Yet women are actually more spiritual on average than men.
"Around the world, 83.4 percent of women say they identify with a religion, compared with 79.9 percent of men, Pew says, meaning there are about 100 million more religiously affiliated women on the planet than men."
Why women are more religious than men

Possibly, what we attribute to God, is simply false! These were men who were acting independently of God in a
patriarchal society. If God was responsible for it, he clearly prefers men over women, which could easily be gay (or a huge step in that direction).

So, why did God kill gays in the Bible if indeed he may have much in common with them? Well, Jeffry Dahmer killed gays too. Sometimes a person kills what he/she finds attractive or can relate to most. But the Bible (or Qur'an) could be false anyway!

When I was homeless on the streets, a gay man let me live on his yacht. He had me do some work but nothing non-heterosexual and he paid me to work on the boat and type things up. He was one of the nicest people I've ever met, if not the kindest of all of them. He was much nicer than the God in the Bible or Qur'an. He was a Christian and would rebuke me for using the Lord's name in vain. I don't see what could possibly offend God about the man. It seemed almost for certain that God was using him to give me a better life.

He had more Christ-like qualities than the average heterosexual.
He walked into the homeless shelter I sometimes slept at and tears ran down his cheek to see such lost people. He had compassion for others that I wish I had. You really think such a person is offending God? He was more a man of God than the heterosexual Christians I meet. I don't personally see them taking people off the streets to live under their roof. He told me "No drinking" and there was a party at his yacht where I got in a fight and drank till I vomited and permanently stained the carpet of his boat. He never kicked me out for it. He had nothing to gain. He was simply being kind. You think such a person is offensive to God?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The question in the title is a different question than the poll and there are multiple questions in the OP.

I'm assuming God has a sexuality because he invented sex, and obviously he invented pleasure receptors. He/she made body parts, the drive, the urges, romance etc. I'm sure he can relate to the pleasure he invented. If he invented beauty, surely he can appreciate it and be drawn to it.

If I had miracle-working powers I would not hang out with a bunch of guys, and would not have nothing but males write my book and work all the miracles. I'd be more likely to anoint females to do my will, if I had miracle-working powers. I think almost any heterosexual male would do the same thing, and enjoy the company of an attractive female over a bunch of guys. Even if society was Patriarchal, God doesn't have to choose to be like people and follow their terms.

The founders of Christianity were men (Jesus, 12 apostles, Paul). The founders of Judaism (Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses) were men. The founder of Islam was a guy. Bahá’u’lláh, Krishna, Zoroaster, Buddha, Confucius, and the head Shintos were male. Yet women are actually more spiritual on average than men.
"Around the world, 83.4 percent of women say they identify with a religion, compared with 79.9 percent of men, Pew says, meaning there are about 100 million more religiously affiliated women on the planet than men."
Why women are more religious than men

Possibly, what we attribute to God, is simply false! These were men who were acting independently of God in a
patriarchal society. If God was responsible for it, he clearly prefers men over women, which could easily be gay (or a huge step in that direction).

So, why did God kill gays in the Bible if indeed he may have much in common with them? Well, Jeffry Dahmer killed gays too. Sometimes a person kills what he/she finds attractive or can relate to most. But the Bible (or Qur'an) could be false anyway!

When I was homeless on the streets, a gay man let me live on his yacht. He had me do some work but nothing non-heterosexual and he paid me to work on the boat and type things up. He was one of the nicest people I've ever met, if not the kindest of all of them. He was much nicer than the God in the Bible or Qur'an. He was a Christian and would rebuke me for using the Lord's name in vain. I don't see what could possibly offend God about the man. It seemed almost for certain that God was using him to give me a better life.

He had more Christ-like qualities than the average heterosexual.
He walked into the homeless shelter I sometimes slept at and tears ran down his cheek to see such lost people. He had compassion for others that I wish I had. You really think such a person is offending God? He was more a man of God than the heterosexual Christians I meet. I don't personally see them taking people off the streets to live under their roof. He told me "No drinking" and there was a party at his yacht where I got in a fight and drank till I vomited and permanently stained the carpet of his boat. He never kicked me out for it. He had nothing to gain. He was simply being kind. You think such a person is offensive to God?
I like how some people say the Angels didn't want to have sex because they were a sexual or have no genitalia or whatever, if they wanted to have sex with humans.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
The premise that The Creator of the Universe cares about such minutiae as human sexuality is ridiculous. We are exactly as we are created.

Why would God care about anything? Much less be offended? That's the sort of thing limited human beings do, not God.
Tom