• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God made in your own image? Do you always agree with them?

Heyo

Veteran Member
If you are made in God's image, wouldn't that mean God is like you?
If you are made in god's image and I am made in god's image, wouldn't that mean that I am like you?
Since that isn't the case, there must be a flaw in the logic. So, obviously you are not made in god's image. ;-)

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
If you are made in god's image and I am made in god's image, wouldn't that mean that I am like you?
Since that isn't the case, there must be a flaw in the logic. So, obviously you are not made in god's image. ;-)

I am you. Now go make us another cup of coffee, dammit!

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
One is approaching the other. God is not trying to be you nor does He need to. God wants you to and you are trying to be like Him.

Are we defining the term "like" differently?

From Merriam Webster:

the same or nearly the same (as in appearance, character, or quantity)

Definition of LIKE
If you were the same or nearly the same as God, wouldn't the converse be true as well?

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Are we defining the term "like" differently?

From Merriam Webster:

the same or nearly the same (as in appearance, character, or quantity)

Definition of LIKE
If you were the same or nearly the same as God, wouldn't the converse be true as well?
I try to go off of the Hebrew.

Anyway God created us to be like Him, to be able to aspire to be like Him.

The essence of all science is to try to be like God, whether you believe in God or not. Science that is like trying to be like God in a good way is good science. Science that is like trying to be like God in a bad way is bad science.

We do not create God; God creates us. We are like Gods in embryo because if we can comprehend that we can comprehend everything we can become like we can become anything.

Unless some asteroid wipes us out or something.

ecco

Veteran Member
Mankind is higher in the hierarchy than they and have the right of dominance over them. That's wouldn't be very degrading depending on the reason. It might even be right. In my opinion at least.
That you believe man has dominance over invisible pink unicorns is noted.

ecco

Veteran Member
No God is not made in my image, but since I'm made in His, I seek to make my fellow man in my image.
So, you are saying that people who look different from you and the gods that they created in their own image are not as valid as the gods people who look like you created in their own image. That's really egotistical.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
So, you are saying that people who look different from you and the gods that they created in their own image are not as valid as the gods people who look like you created in their own image. That's really egotistical.
Not what I'm saying. I try to fashion their way of thinking like mine being aware that they have different talents and weaknesses.

ecco

Veteran Member
Not what I'm saying. I try to fashion their way of thinking like mine being aware that they have different talents and weaknesses.

So are you saying the gods they created in their own images are as good as the god your folks created in their own image?

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
I read here that religious peoples God is always like them, is this true for you? Have you been upset at them before? Please explain :)
Why would I want a God like me? He couldn't anything I can't do.
He certainly would not be worthy of worship.
He would be a sinner.
He couldn't save himself let alone the world.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I read here that religious peoples God is always like them, is this true for you? Have you been upset at them before? Please explain :)

I've always felt that a person's God was the ideal they wanted to be. Most see themselves as falling short of this ideal.
Perfect action, perfect wisdom, perfect justice etc...

I suspect people become upset with reality. When reality doesn't conform to the ideal reality that ought to have been created by their ideal God.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
If a human man says he is God. Then God had sex with his sister.

Mother father first were a brother sister. Sex a conceived baby. Born. Then Mother father.

Science said man the God impregnated his mother sister.

Immaculately.

His story says. O God earth owned non burning immaculate heavens.

So anyone who can think rationally would say not that immaculate.

As water oxygen is clear in a day or a night. The same.

Gas burning owns light.

Now if you ask a scientist a baby man looking back did you pretend you are medically just sperm?

As baby man said O a woman's ovary was his God status.

Now a human is his image.

But his God O life is a cell.

As earth O image a circle. First.

God by space pressure.

So his human mother owned his own man's O God ovah...also owned but not his human image as he is a man.

So if a human scientist says maths applied genesis equates a human genesis then it did.

If maths used said genesis had left. It proved it had.

If maths proved it...
it proves maths caused it.

A man's owned scientific genetic study human themed.

As never can get own mother woman image.

As a man he owned his ovah ovary God image in genesis. His life beginnings.

Science owns no place to argue.

Fallen Prophet

Wait for
- gal bladder stones
- kidney stones
- toothache
- any other way to suffer because of bad "design".
Those three examples are preventable. More like bad choices than design.

Besides - when Adam and Eve partook of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil - the Fall of Man occurred - causing them to enter mortality.

God "designed" the bodies they had in the Garden - but mortality causes faults in the design.