• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

is God just because he is merciful?

The secrets of the kingdom of God are shown to those who serve Him in spirit and in truth.

As scripture states and the Lord says; "My chosen ones shall inherit the land ,my servants shall dwell there."

"The Lords power will be known to His servants but to His enemies His wrath."

"The righteous will dwell in the land ,the blameless shall remain in it."

"Blessed are the merciful, they will be shown mercy."

"The Lord is righteous in all His ways and Holy in all His works."

"If you have faith ,you'll see the glory of God."

heksesang

A man who is going to unjustly take another life can still show mercy and spare that life. Also a man can show mercy and spare a life even if the just act would be to take that life.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. 2 Corinthians 5_21.

Welcome to the forum!

mjweissen

Truth Seeker
I don't think justice and mercy are causally linked. I do believe that they have the common link of love. In the book of 1 John we are explicitly explained that God is love and love is only true when it is from or in God. Those who do not know God do not know love.

I see justice and mercy as offshoots of someone who loves. If a child does something wrong, it is a parent's duty to punish them (justice) so that they do not continue in their wrong. If they were never taught the consequences of their actions, a parent would not truly be showing them love. Likewise, if someone were to never show mercy to another person, they would also be described as unloving. They would be considered harsh and cruel. When I say these things, I do not say them as to equate God to human circumstances, but to give ideas that are able to relate to our lives.

Neither.
God is not just because He is merciful, nor is He merciful because He is just.
Rather, He is both merciful and just at the same time.
Both are equal attributes of God, and none is more important than the other one.