• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God it?

King Phenomenon

Is God the only thing that exists that make people say wow! ? Or that's insane! ? Or holy cow! ? Or I've never seen anything like it! ? Surely there must be something else that can spark intrigue on a profound scale? I'm not talking about Jesus from the Bible or Muhammad from the Qurann or any other person found in a book.

Erebus

If you're a pantheist then God is the only thing that can inspire awe as God is literally everything. I suppose you could make a somewhat similar argument for panentheism by claiming that the source of awe in something is a reaction to the presence of God within it.

Outside of those god concepts, it's a much harder case to make. People can experience awe from a variety of sources, ranging from the vastness of the cosmos right down to an especially good film.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Is God the only thing that exists that make people say wow! ? Or that's insane! ? Or holy cow! ? Or I've never seen anything like it! ? Surely there must be something else that can spark intrigue on a profound scale? I'm not talking about Jesus from the Bible or Muhammad from the Qurann or any other person found in a book.
I have moments of awe and astonishment every day. I don't need a god for that.

I actually feel pity who can't feel these feelings for anything but God. They're missing out.

Sp0ckrates

I’d say no. As your avatar suggests, that which God creates can invoke such emotions. Also, the beautiful things that created beings like ourselves create can invoke the same.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Art. Rushing clean ripples water. Walking in the woods. Jogging and walking a back without electronics and taking your time with no where to go. Affirmations. Reading.

There are many "wow" moments that, depending on the person, can come from god or be a spark of nature or ...

Life and life experiences doesn't center around god

King Phenomenon

If you're a pantheist then God is the only thing that can inspire awe as God is literally everything. I suppose you could make a somewhat similar argument for panentheism by claiming that the source of awe in something is a reaction to the presence of God within it.

Outside of those god concepts, it's a much harder case to make. People can experience awe from a variety of sources, ranging from the vastness of the cosmos right down to an especially good film.
Right

King Phenomenon

Art. Rushing clean ripples water. Walking in the woods. Jogging and walking a back without electronics and taking your time with no where to go. Affirmations. Reading.

There are many "wow" moments that, depending on the person, can come from god or be a spark of nature or ...

Life and life experiences doesn't center around god
All those things are pretty awesome