• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God Humble?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
But if he/she is humble why does God need people to worship him/her?
I don't see where He needs to be worshipped IMV. But did that answer my point that maybe we are defining a modern interpretation of humble?

Example... as God, He doesn't need or have to help mankind. The world, if you are the President or King, he has everyone serving him..

God came down from His throne and served mankind including washing feet... a better example of humbleness?
What is God's definition of humble?

Maybe humbleness is not thinking of yourself more highly than you ought?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Is God's forgiveness conditional?
In my understanding, when a believer asks for forgiveness and actually change their action, words or thoughts to align with the teaching then God do forgive.

So the "condition" for being forgiven would be to ask for forgiveness, then do the necessary change in our life so that we stop making the same mistake over and over again.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
In my understanding, when a believer asks for forgiveness and actually change their action, words or thoughts to align with the teaching then God do forgive.

So the "condition" for being forgiven would be to ask for forgiveness, then do the necessary change in our life so that we stop making the same mistake over and over again.

I no longer forgive people. To forgive someone, you first have to blame them for something. I see them just as acting according to their nature. Their nature is just part of who they are, nothing to blame them for.

For me to forgive someone, it would mean that I had to assume that I know that they ought to be better than they are. The need to forgive is more a sign of pride.

What is God blaming me for that I need God to forgive?

The canned answer I suppose is "sin". The disobedience of God's command? Requiring that others obey me, again does not seem very humble.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I no longer forgive people. To forgive someone, you first have to blame them for something. I see them just as acting according to their nature. Their nature is just part of who they are, nothing to blame them for.

For me to forgive someone, it would mean that I had to assume that I know that they ought to be better than they are. The need to forgive is more a sign of pride.

What is God blaming me for that I need God to forgive?

The canned answer I suppose is "sin". The disobedience of God's command? Requiring that others obey me, again does not seem very humble.
I can not speak for you or others as you already know, nor can I speak for how and why God does as he does, and why there are certain "rules" followers should apply in their life.
For me personally, the question to Allah to forgive me when I do wrongdoings is because I know and understand that what I did wrong, is not the right way to enter heaven. So when I ask for forgiveness I also ask for strength to become stronger in resisting temptations that lead to the wrong lifestyle (for me as a sufi)
It is only up to me to follow the teaching and to do my best to understand how my life can be lived the best as a servant of Allah.
I can not ask others to live,think or do as I do.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If God requires that we be humble, shouldn't God lead by example?

I see that God is not Humble as God is beyond all virtue.

The 'Self of God' on the other hand, the Messengers, are the essence of the attributes and thus they are the example of humility. They hold the power of all creation yet choose to be abased before men.

Peace and Love to all, Regards Tony

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
1. Philippians 2: 3-11 : Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.

So to be humble one must count others as more significant than yourself.
Can God count anything as more significant than themselves?

74x12

If God requires that we be humble, shouldn't God lead by example?
Jesus humbled himself to the cross even though he could have called 10,000s of angels to defend him. That's humility and leading by example.