• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is god evil

We Never Know

No Slack
From what I see being said...
'in the beginning adam and eve would never die, suffer, etc if they did not eat the forbidden fruit. Instead of controlling them god gave them freewill to let them choose for themselves.

They knew the consequences yet chose(that free will thing) to eat the forbidden fruit. So from then on they experienced suffering, death, etc. because of the choice they made.

Was god evil or fair since they were allowed choices, not forced one way or the other?

If I lay an apple on the table and tell you don't eat that or you will die,, but you choose to eat it anyway and die..
Is that my fault? Does that make me evil? Or did you die by your own hand and choices?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
'in the beginning adam and eve would never die, suffer, etc if they did not eat the forbidden fruit. Instead of controlling them god gave them freewill to let them choose for themselves.

They knew the consequences yet chose(that free will thing) to eat the forbidden fruit. So from then on they experienced suffering, death, etc. because of the choice they made.

Was god evil or fair since they were allowed choices, not forced one way or the other?

If I lay an apple on the table and tell you don't eat that or you will die,, but you choose to eat it anyway and die..
Is that my fault? Does that make me evil? Or did you die by your own hand and choices?
If I baked a fresh pie and put it on the table in front of you, the smell going straight to your nose making your mouth water, and I told you not to eat it or you'll die, would that make me evil? Not necessarily, but why in the world would I bake that pie in the first place?

Clizby Wampuscat

No, what makes it evil is the punishment of death for eating an apple.

Truth in love

The fall was all part of the plan.

We Never Know

No Slack
If I baked a fresh pie and put it on the table in front of you, the smell going straight to your nose making your mouth water, and I told you not to eat it or you'll die, would that make me evil? Not necessarily, but why in the world would I bake that pie in the first place?

Why would I eat that pie knowing I would die when there are other pies to eat unless the temptation of doing what I shouldn't over ruled my rational judgement.

Maybe that was the lesson. Who knows.

We Never Know

No Slack
No, what makes it evil is the punishment of death for eating an apple.

If(yeah an if lol) it was true that from this day forward you would live forever if you didn't eat chocolate(or pick your food).
Would you eat still chocolate?

I would debate it in my mind. Living for ever would eventually suc but so does dying before you want to.

Clizby Wampuscat

If(yeah an if lol) it was true that from this day forward you would live forever if you didn't eat chocolate(or pick your food).
Would you eat still chocolate?

I would debate it in my mind. Living for ever would eventually suc but so does dying before you want to.
Not the point. The punishment for eating an apple they were told not to was death. That is immoral, unjust and evil.

Truth in love

Didn't know there was a plan. I must have missed some of the story.

The very brief version is:

1. Make an earth
2. Put people on it.
3. Allow them to fall so they become mortal and can have children.
4. Provide a path of redemption so that death and sin are only temporary.
5. Let everyone choose their course.

We Never Know

No Slack
Not the point. The punishment for eating an apple they were told not to was death. That is immoral, unjust and evil.

People are punishished all the time for doing what they are told not to do. Some get desth as a punishment. I guess the apple hasn't fell far from the tree

Btw, I believe in the death sentence in certain circumstances.

ppp

Depends.

In this situation are you and I a couple of jerks on the internet? Or are you an omnipotent omniscient eternal bring, and I was born yesterday into an adult body?

We Never Know

No Slack
Depends.

In this situation are you and I a couple of jerks on the internet? Or are you an omnipotent omniscient eternal bring, and I was born yesterday into an adult body?

Ok.... If a god does exist.... Is climate change the gods fault or our dumb *** fault for knowing what happens and still doing it anyway?

ppp

Ok.... If a god does exist.... Is climate change the gods fault or our dumb *** fault for knowing what happens and still doing it anyway?
Please, let me address your first question before going on to a new topic. It is very important that I answer you correctly But first need to know the situation... Are we a couple of guys on the internet, or are you a god and me a child?

We Never Know

No Slack
Please, let me address your first question before going on to a new topic. It is very important that I answer you correctly But first need to know the situation... Are we a couple of guys on the internet, or are you a god and me a child?

I know you think you understood what I said. but what I said is not what you think I said when I said it. What I meant to say is what you thought I would only say if you thought I would say what I am trying to say. so what I am really trying to say is think about what I said and not what you think I said or thought I would say.
Do you know what I'm saying?