• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God an incoherent concept (impossible?)?

MyM

I like your analogy; it gets to the heart of the matter. It is a no win contest. I have religious ideas from revelations, others may agree or not, but, when my ideas conflict, I have little or no defense. In particular, my idea of God's duality isn't found in religious literature. I have an argument for God's duality, but it can be disputed, as shown. Yes, the idea of one God is far more appealing, but it may not be correct. I claim there is one God, but its split into two parts. In heaven there are two Gods in a sphere. No matter how you spin it, it is difficult to comprehend. Human logic shouldn't be a prerequisite for understanding God. Why would the creator of everything be subject to human understanding?

man thinks they know more than God and interpret God to their own limited understanding.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
May God forgive me, but I've decided for the sake of intellectual discussion and augmenting level of debate, to play devil's advocate.

Warning: I know how to refute the arguments I'm about to make.

1. God as one ultimate being is impossible, because you have to choose between traits (compassion vs justice), and you can't maximize in any.

2. Greatness has to be earned and gained, while by definition, God is eternal, and hence can't earn praise, honor, greatness but would have always had it. This shows by paradox God is impossible.

3. Virtues and morality is often situational and context related, courage and bravery doesn't make sense for eternal all powerful Deit(y)(ies), and so most virtues can't stem from God's application of them, and God by definition has to have all virtues or would not be God.
When I read your title for this thread I thought that God revealed himself to Moses and thereafter throughout the scriptures. "Now this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent." (John 17:3, Berean Study Bible)

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
For we are created and finite but He is uncreated and infinite, it is impossible to have a creature have precisely the same traits in the same way as God for the nature of their existence is infinitely different.
He is all-powerful.