• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God an Extraterrestrial Being?

Greetings, I just joined RF today and posted my first thread here ("Did the Disciples Eat Jesus?" at http://www.religiousforums.com/threads/did-the-disciples-eat-jesus.187884/ )

In that thread a comment made brought to mind that lately I've been seeing a lot of videos which imply that God is an extraterrestrial being who, along with the Elohim (purportedly also extraterrestrials) genetically engineered a certain people ("Adam and Eve").

What do you think about this idea?

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Greetings, I just joined RF today and posted my first thread here ("Did the Disciples Eat Jesus?" at http://www.religiousforums.com/threads/did-the-disciples-eat-jesus.187884/ )

In that thread a comment made brought to mind that lately I've been seeing a lot of videos which imply that God is an extraterrestrial being who, along with the Elohim (purportedly also extraterrestrials) genetically engineered a certain people ("Adam and Eve").

I think it is pretty obvious that if the Adam and Eve God existed, then He must be extraterrestrial.

I just wonder why He engineered Adam and Eve to make them look like hairless apes.

Ciao

- viole

No better than your first.

That's quite an interesting-looking avatar. My Hebrew is sketchy; what does it say?

I think it is pretty obvious that if the Adam and Eve God existed, then He must be extraterrestrial.

I just wonder why He engineered Adam and Eve to make them look like hairless apes.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and wonders. Biblically speaking, "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." (John 4:24)

And, according to biblical text, "...God created man in his own image, in the image..." so God would not have formed them to look like hairless apes, would God? Especially in light of the fact that "...God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so."

So with that in mind, it is impossible for an ape to mate with an ape and produce a human being. History indicates however, that when men who lived in caves mated with apes, the result was the Neanderthal, which species of mankind became extinct because they didn't know how to establish themselves as a societal community.

That being neither "here nor there," though, what do you think about the Elohim? Who were they? Were they angels? Sons of God? Also extraterrestrials, if you agree with the concept?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

An exterrestial view is more plausible than a magical deity.

Subhankar Zac

Hare Krishna,Hare Krishna,
That is very very possible.
Many of the ancient cultures believed that their gods came from the stars and even the gita speaks of earthly and heavenly planets where people and cosmic beings live respectivEly.

HonestJoe

Well it’s probably no less likely than God being some form of “supernatural” being but that isn’t saying much. There is very little to actively support either idea, especially in the context of assuming the specifically defined image of the god you’re thinking of rather than any of the countless alternatives proposed or as yet unimagined.

All the evidence I’ve seen supports the idea that all of the various gods and god-like beings conceived throughout the history of the world are effectively made up. If there is some kind of super-powerful being out there, it seems to me that it’s as likely of a form no human has ever imagined as it is to match one of the many images we’ve created.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and wonders. Biblically speaking, "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." (John 4:24)

Everybody can say that.

And, according to biblical text, "...God created man in his own image, in the image..." so God would not have formed them to look like hairless apes, would God? Especially in light of the fact that "...God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so."

True. They do not look like hairless apes. They are hairless apes.

So with that in mind, it is impossible for an ape to mate with an ape and produce a human being. History indicates however, that when men who lived in caves mated with apes, the result was the Neanderthal, which species of mankind became extinct because they didn't know how to establish themselves as a societal community.

Since Homo sapiens is an ape, I don't understand your point.

That being neither "here nor there," though, what do you think about the Elohim? Who were they? Were they angels? Sons of God? Also extraterrestrials, if you agree with the concept?

All those beings you are mentioning do not exist. With the possible exception of extraterrestrials.

Ciao

- viole

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member

Technically speaking if there is some manner of "God" or "Gods" then they're by default extra-terrestrials, because odds are they came into being/were born somewhere that isn't on earth, which means that, well, you're not wrong..

Kinda' meaningless if I'm honest.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Of course "God" is extraterrestrial.

From wiki:
Extraterrestrial life is life that does not originate from Earth. It is also called alien life.........

Our notion of "God" is such that anyone reading anything about the Christian God
must conclude that "God" did not originate on this earth.
I'm avoiding Jesus as many feel Jesus was "God" in human form.
I do not.
Did "create" this planet?
Probably but it...........................
beats me.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
More like intraterrestrial*, no?

*Taking terra not as the planet but as the substantial world.

Last edited:

Milton Platt

From my vantage point, saying that a non-existent being is an alien life-form is a non-starter......

idav

Being
Premium Member

Sure god would be an extraterrestrial unless gods an earthling.

Remember that.

Interesting. Remember what?

No better than your first.

Fascinating. How do you spell "Jack@$$" in Hebrew? And would that actually be pronounced "Yackass?"

Last edited:

Is there a difference? If so, what's the difference?

Many of the ancient cultures believed that their gods came from the stars and even the gita speaks of earthly and heavenly planets where people and cosmic beings live respectivEly.

Thank you for your comment. For those who may not be aware, who/what is gita?

All the evidence I’ve seen supports the idea that all of the various gods and god-like beings conceived throughout the history of the world are effectively made up.

I doubt the works of art in architechtural structure and the depictions of the history of ancient Egyptians were merely fallouts of idle minds.

Is there a difference? If so, what's the difference?

Thank you for your comment. For those who may not be aware, who/what is gita?

All the evidence I’ve seen supports the idea that all of the various gods and god-like beings conceived throughout the history of the world are effectively made up.

I doubt the works of art in architechtural structure and the depictions of the history of ancient Egyptians were merely fallouts of idle minds.

If there is some kind of super-powerful being out there, it seems to me that it’s as likely of a form no human has ever imagined as it is to match one of the many images we’ve created.

I believe God's children were created in the image of God, as the bible dictates. However, the

If there is some kind of super-powerful being out there, it seems to me that it’s as likely of a form no human has ever imagined as it is to match one of the many images we’ve created.

I believe God's children were created in the image of God, as the bible dictates. However, distortion of th eimage of God was created when mankind who lived in the caves began mating with the monkeys and birthing hairless monkey-types.

upload_2016-6-4_14-0-12.png

More like intraterrestrial*, no?

No, I don't believe so. God is a spirit. innerterrestrials, or as you say, intraterrestrials, supposedly live on/in earth and therefore need physical bodies to do so, in this dimension that is. Speaking of innerterrestrials, who/what are they, if you know and care to share....

Taking terra not as the planet but as the substantial world.

My understanding is that "terra" just means "earth," - when you speak of "substantial world" what are you referring to? The universe?

From my vantage point, saying that a non-existent being is an alien life-form is a non-starter..

How do you know that God is a non-existent being for starters?

Sure god would be an extraterrestrial unless gods an earthling

Based on the descrpition of where God "lives" (in the heavens, streets of gold, etc.) there is not such a place on earth to my knowledge.

If a child watches it, it's cute and clear, but you don't "see" God. Would a child notice this? As a child, did you ever wonder what God looks like?