• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God an energy being ?

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
About 523,000,000 results (0.55 seconds)
Search Results
Radio waves, light, and other forms of radiation all have energy, but do not need matter. So yes, you absolutely can have energy without matter, in empty space

Yes, you can have energy without matter, but notice that the quote says "...light, and other forms of radiation all have energy...". EM radiation (photons) and other things not normally considered to be matter (which isn't actually a very well defined term) have energy, there are not made of energy, they are not 'pure energy' or energy by itself. Again, there is a detailed discussion from a particle physicist that I linked before: Matter and Energy: A False Dichotomy

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You know Prof Cox........ excellent. :)
I like to watch Prof Cox's various series, but there is a problem for me........ his voice is so soporific that I fall asleep mid program. Can't help it. So I record everything and then when I play it back (and wake up during replays) I can return and review, and often wake up again.

I find him too interesting to fall asleep perhaps because we are from the same general area and the voice seems normal to me. And he is a marvelous educator of course

RestlessSoul

I find him too interesting to fall asleep perhaps because we are from the same general area and the voice seems normal to me. And he is a marvelous educator of course

His Universe series currently showing on BBC2 is superb. It’s great to see the BBC sponsoring programs like that.

He must have a hell of a budget though, I’m sure he’s filmed on every continent in the world in a single episode.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
His Universe series currently showing on BBC2 is superb. It’s great to see the BBC sponsoring programs like that.

He must have a hell of a budget though, I’m sure he’s filmed on every continent in the world in a single episode.

He does get about a bit for sure

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Is God an energy being?
As an atheist I do not believe in existence of Gods and Goddesses. But yes, I am an energy being.

"So the average human body contains about 68,000,000,000 kWh of energy. This means that if you were to release all the atomic energy locked up in the human body, you would be able to supply all the energy requirements for the United States (~320 million people) for an entire day."
Human Energy Converted to Electricity

"E=mc square" role="presentation">E=mc2
says that this converts to 100×2.998×108×2.998×108Joules." role="presentation">100×2.998×10 raised to power 8×2.998×10 raised to power 8 Joules.
Since 2.998×2.998=10" role="presentation">2.998×2.998=10
(rough numbers!) - this gives us 10 raised to power 18 Joules" role="presentation">10 raised to power 18 Joules.""
https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-th...gy-as-a-nuclear-plant-can-produce-in-90-years

Last edited:

TheBrokenSoul

Both false and a non sequitur. Even if this were true, which it isn't (see #40), it still would not follow that you couldn't have energy without matter.
Nope , all matter is a form of energy , you are thinking of kinetic energy , which is created within a system .

I know that definition defines matter and energy separate but that is just not so .

A piece of wood is energy , fuel , it just has to be transformed into heat energy etc .

Last edited:

ratiocinator

Nope , all matter is a form of energy , you are thinking of kinetic energy , which is created within a system .

No, I'm not, and you're simply wrong. Matter is not a form of energy, matter isn't even a particularity well defined term (Matter and Energy: A False Dichotomy). Energy is always a property of something else, as has been pointed out, it need not be matter, it might be radiation.

"In physics, energy is the quantitative property..." -- Energy - Wikipedia

Wandering Monk

I've been thinking then I thought that I am energy , the earth is energy , the atmosphere is energy , between heavenly bodies there is energy .

Before God there was no energy and to create energy you need energy so that must mean that God is made of energy and can create energy .

Aren't you begging the question?

I would first ask 'Is God?'

TheBrokenSoul

No, I'm not, and you're simply wrong. Matter is not a form of energy, matter isn't even a particularity well defined term (Matter and Energy: A False Dichotomy). Energy is always a property of something else, as has been pointed out, it need not be matter, it might be radiation.

"In physics, energy is the quantitative property..." -- Energy - Wikipedia
Matter is derived from the term material , all matter has materialistic properties .

You are not considering the equation E=mc^2 and the mass /energy equivalent .

All matter is a form of energy like it or not .

I've been thinking then I thought that I am energy , the earth is energy , the atmosphere is energy , between heavenly bodies there is energy .

Before God there was no energy and to create energy you need energy so that must mean that God is made of energy and can create energy .

Maybe they made energy without it

ratiocinator

Matter is derived from the term material , all matter has materialistic properties .

Yes, energy being one such property.
You not considering the equation E=mc^2 and the mass /energy equivalent .

Of course I'm not considering it because it's irrelevant. Mass is not matter. Mass, also, is a property of matter. If you want to say that mass is a form of energy, then yes.
All matter is a form of energy like it or not .

I've given several references now, you're unsupported assertions are meaningless. Doubly so, since you have demonstrated on other threads how ignorant you are of even basic, school level science.

ratiocinator

TheBrokenSoul

False - see the references I've already given.

The other day I saw a great big burger advertised on the side of a bus but the bus didn't sell burgers .

Just because it says something somewhere , that doesn't mean it is necessarily true and fact .

m1=q1+q2 is meaningless ?

Can you do physics ?

q1 and q2 are opposite quantum charges that account for the mass measured of an object .

Have you forgot already that gravitational mass force is proton force + electron force = G (gravity) force 3 .

ratiocinator

Just because it says something somewhere , that doesn't mean it is necessarily true and fact .

Indeed it doesn't. However, the choice here is between qualified, professional physicists or the unsupported assertion of somebody who can't even understand the level of physics expected of 8 to 10 year old school kids (see: I hope God saves the Earth from heat death).
m1=q1+q2 is meaningless ?

Totally.
Can you do physics ?

Yes, I can.
q1 and q2 are opposite quantum charges that account for the mass measured of an object .

Have you forgot already that gravitaional mass force is proton force + electron force = G (gravity) force 3 .

Word salad.

TheBrokenSoul

Indeed it doesn't. However, the choice here is between qualified, professional physicists or the unsupported assertion of somebody who can't even understand the level of physics expected of 8 to 10 year old school kids (see: I hope God saves the Earth from heat death).

Totally.

Yes, I can.

Word salad.
Try my quantum scales , an exact and correct explanation of gravitational mass and force .
m1.jpg