• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you choose to be ignorant of absolute facts in order to maintain belief in alternative facts?

• I accept alternative facts over absolute facts.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TDselector

Is God an Alternative Fact?
Why assume one came before the other? One's thoughts are constantly changing as well as the physiology on the brain. They affect each other. They create each other. Is a single cell a brain? The brain I had tomorrow will be created by my thoughts today. If I have some kind of brain injury today it will effect my thought tomorrow. You're assuming the answer to a question I don't think you have a right to assume.

However nothing prevents me from questioning anything and I certainly wouldn't agree that I'm not entitled to question something.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding. What is an example of an act of selection. A computer for example can make an act of selection. To do so you need both the hardware and the software. They can exist separately from each other. Neither can do anything by itself. When they come together they make their act of selection. One doesn't have a need to exist before the other. The software could of resided on numerous types of media before the computer existed and the computer could have existed long before the software. Not knowing that answer you could assume either came first.

You are confusing effect (thought) with its cause (selection). As the thought experiment illustrates, the two mutually exclusive and jointly exhaustive acts of selection, what we think of as choice, are not effects of cognition. They are the origin mechanisms of our existence. In other words, the mechanics of selection is how energy becomes energy and why without it you die. This is why we have the ability to choose because we do not have the option to not choose in order to exist. The unambiguous empirical evidence has confirmed, choice is not an option nor a philosophical theory for to have either effects a selection must first be made. - See more at: Is Science and Religion Based On "Alternative Facts" or at Manuel Morales Tempt Destiny Research Findings - Home

Ask yourself why is it you do not have the option to choose to exist as a planet or an ant? Perhaps then you will come realize your thoughts in the matter of how existence comes to exist are irrelevant. No one is entitled to their own facts only Nature itself. We are effects of Nature not the cause of it.

TDselector

That's it, keep repeating your same argument over and over. It's nonsense.

By the way, YOU are also welcome to demonstrate your "proof" at any time...:p
:eek::rolleyes:

If its nonsense them prove it by using your own existence since you are the one who contesting the findings. Mere words alone in contradiction to our reality is nothing less than delusion. Failing to support your convictions when you have the opportunity to do so exhibits a lack of integrity and a weak mind.

Last edited:

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
If its nonsense them prove it by using your own existence since you are the one who contesting the findings. Mere words alone in contradiction to our reality is nothing less than delusion. .
So, making a bold and irrational assertion and "Failing to support your convictions when you have the opportunity to do so" DOESN'T "exhibit a lack of integrity and a weak mind?":rolleyes:

TDselector

So, making a bold and irrational assertion and "Failing to support your convictions when you have the opportunity to do so" DOESN'T "exhibit a lack of integrity and a weak mind?":rolleyes:

What you have repeatedly failed to comprehend is that no one, including myself, is entitled to their beliefs (alternative facts) as a substitute for facts. The Nature of our reality is not a "bold and irrational assertion", just our beliefs.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Woo hoo!
I'm the first ignorant voter.
Why, you ask?
Too many "absolute facts" & "alternative facts" proffered by partisans of either ilk are bunk.
I prefer conditional facts....the ones which can be replaced by better ones.