• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God a sexual being?

Boethiah

Penguin
If God is omnipotent, to say that It isn't sexual would be to limit It. That is how I see it anyhoo.

I'm not sure what romantic relationships God would get into though. Not my place to judge though.

Beaudreaux

If God is omnipotent, to say that It isn't sexual would be to limit It. That is how I see it anyhoo.

I'm not sure what romantic relationships God would get into though. Not my place to judge though.
Well..[he thought, urged on by the logical course of the conversation]...if God IS a sexual being and he is omnipotent with no equal, then the only sexual outlet for Him would be [sigh....] spanking the divine monkey?

Don't come down on my too hard here. In a previous thread, I heard very passionate arguments that God has a penis.

Cypress

Dragon Mom
In Hinduism, God always comes as a couple:

Shiva & Parvati

hb63.jpg

Vishnu & Lakshmi

1909-050-5CEBD77A.jpg

Krishna & Radha

KrishnaRadha.jpg

So I would say: yes, God has sexuality.
But very different from ourselfs, who have sexual needs & wishes that arise from indentifying us with our mortal bodies, God's sexuality is part of his/her eternal divine play (lila.