• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God a Liberal or a Conservative?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
If God registered to vote in the 2020 US Presidential race, would he have voted for Trump? Biden? Jorgenson? Hawkins? West?

Would God, in an anthropomorphic form, be liberal or conservative?

Please explain you choices.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
For the Abrahamic God - As I said in another thread, he might be centrist according to modern day politics. The Bible contains a collection of stories both promoting individualism and promoting collectivism. It's pretty balanced really.

If you're talking the Trimurti or something, I might see them as further left than the Abrahamic God... but I think most of my statements would still apply with Hindu scriptures perhaps?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
To explain what I meant in the first reply, both individualism and collectivism are important, but I find conservatives tend to focus more on individualism, while liberals focus a bit more on collectivism than individualism quite often.

One barrier for the Abrahamic God could be his stance on homosexuality.

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
If God registered to vote in the 2020 US Presidential race, would he have voted for Trump? Biden? Jorgenson? Hawkins? West?

First thing God would do is go visit Skim, somewhere in the world wherever Skwim is, and he'd tell Skwim "Sorry about making sex a sin, Skwim. It was nothing personal."

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

He'd vote for everyone, obviously. Surely he could cast several votes. He's God.

74x12

Both sides are hopeless fakes. Anyone trusting them is clueless, mind controlled ...

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
If God manifested Himself in human form He would promote and uphold the highest principles of religion and highlight a clear distinction between the realms of politics and religion. He would entirely avoid partisan politics. He may however elaborate on the principles the constitute fair and just government and allude to the rise of corruption as a sign of the decline of religion.

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
If God manifested Himself in human form He would promote and uphold the highest principles of religion and highlight a clear distinction between the realms of politics and religion. He would entirely avoid partisan politics. He may however elaborate on the principles the constitute fair and just government and allude to the rise of corruption as a sign of the decline of religion.
Well said.

74x12

When Jesus came He never talked with or bothered with the rulers of this world until His time came to be killed. Of the 3 rulers He encountered; The high priest, the Roman governor and the king of Judea. The Roman was actually the least hard hearted and the priest the most. But they all rejected Him in the end and had Him killed. So they're all serving the devil.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

In the human form, as the 'Self of God', God might even give us a system that works spiritually, that may be adopted by all people and as such be reflected in the world as a whole.

In time that may extend beyond to the wide expanse of the universe and beyond! ;)

Regards Tony

74x12

In the human form, as the 'Self of God', God might even give us a system that works spiritually, that may be adopted by all people and as such be reflected in the world as a whole.

In time that may extend beyond to the wide expanse of the universe and beyond! ;)

Regards Tony
Nope, first satan has to set up his counterfeit kingdom which is already here and just waiting to be revealed. They have almost everything ready and only he who "now lets" must be taken out of the way. Make sure you're not deceived by it because they'll say peace! peace! and then comes ... well read your Bible to find out.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

You are asking what the Christ Avatar, Perfect Master/Sadguru would be. Be? Everything and nothing - beyond form and word. What would such a figure do? Whatever the situation called for to bring more light into the world and the hearts of all.

Besides, even from a simple intellectual viewpoint, what is conservative and what is liberal? It varies by nation and by time. Classical liberal or modern liberal, for example.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

OT or NT?

OT conservative
NT liberal

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Nope, first satan has to set up his counterfeit kingdom which is already here and just waiting to be revealed. They have almost everything ready and only he who "now lets" must be taken out of the way. Make sure you're not deceived by it because they'll say peace! peace! and then comes ... well read your Bible to find out.

What can I say, but offer the same again, as the counterfeit may be what is already in place with the Nations.

Regards Tony

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

It varies.

In general, each person's God agrees with their poltics. Liberals have liberal Gods, conservatives have conservative Gods, anarcho-capitalists have anarcho-capitalist Gods.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
If a person's mind is overcome by greed, hatred, or delusion and they do stuff like tell lies, steal, kill or harm others, and tell others to do so, then it is not god's political party.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

The Bible's God is a monarchist/theocrat. So none of the above, in that case.