• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God a Countable Object?

Metempsychosis

Reincarnation of 'Anti-religion'
Some say it is countable.They say there is One God.Some say it is not countable.

What do you say and Why?

Thank you.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
God represents the Source of all existence. Even in polytheistic religions such as wicca the God and Goddess come from a single source.

Mohammed1

Very easy: One God.
Why? because if There are many they will conflict/compete in the creation and the universe. For example a certain God need colour (or specification in general) of something differ than the other God. That not happened in the fact.
No one able to have same stand of the Great/Powerful/Merciful ....etc. God

Last edited:

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Very easy: One God.
Why? because if There are many they will conflict/compete in the creation and the universe.

Not necessarily. For instance if you had just male and female Gods they could create in harmony I am sure. This is just hypothetical, I still think that One Source is probably.

Onkara

Also, would we really call God an object? Doesn't seem fitting.
Good point Madhuri, it implies that it should be countable, as objects exist seperately to one another. Perhaps this is partly the point, as to say that God is seperate to the objects of his creation makes God also an object. The problem then is that God, as object, is open to being missed, rejected or treated like any other tangeable object. I would be interested on the Islamic perspective on this, how is God independent of his objects yet not an object?

AR already knows my answer to his OP. God is One and his creation are not seperate. It is human perception alone which creates the apparent seperation, although with philosophy, logic, scriptures and inner investigation there appears to be no such division at the absolute level of understanding.

:)

Metempsychosis

Reincarnation of 'Anti-religion'
AR already knows my answer to his OP. God is One and his creation are not seperate. It is human perception alone which creates the apparent seperation, although with philosophy, logic, scriptures and inner investigation there appears to be no such division at the absolute level of understanding.

Yes yes..:hug:

I knew someone would say that.

gOd is ALSO Zero.;)

(limitless unrealized potential)

Yeahh...:)

Last edited by a moderator:

logician

There are countable infinites(integers) and uncountable infinites(rational numbers), although I think a supposed god has 1 number - 0 for nonexistence.