• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Gehenna a Place of Eternal Suffering ?

Ellen Brown

The Qu'ran says Jesus will sort all that out. I don't mind saying that I am a Christian and a Muslim although I view the Qu'ran with the Help of the Holy Spirit which is a different view from either modern Christians of Muslims.

Me too. Sort of. I admit to being an Abrahamic Religionist since I read the books of the Jews, Christians, and Muslims. I spent about 30 years as a Christian Fundamentalist but abandoned that when they spouted so much hatred after 9/11, defying the very words of Jesus. There was 7 or so years as a Muslim, and then several years with the Mormons. The Mormons and I parted company basically over their Temple Doctrines, and some issues that I found distasteful.There was several very good years with them, when they were very kind and I was healed of issues that tormented me. I have yet to figure all that out.

Ellen Brown

I believe you should read Job. He was able to accept his Creator in sickness and in health , for richer or poorer.

I have read Job a few times, and once told God that I could not be a Job to him because I was too weak. Due to the pain of the time, I will not speak of it further.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I have read Job a few times, and once told God that I could not be a Job to him because I was too weak. Due to the pain of the time, I will not speak of it further.
I don't think anybody could be "a Job" and not completely lose it. As a matter of fact, I'm not absolutely convinced that the story of Job is even factual. It comes across to be as being too horrendous to be true.