• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Free Will an Illusion?

Lightkeeper

Ceridwen018 said:
SOGFPP,

I am interested to know...I read somewhere that it doesn't say anything in the bible about the supposed 'immaculate conception' of Mary, or her supposed 'sinless' life. I checked it out myself (after having grown up Catholic, I was baffled to hear such a thing) and sure enough, I drew a blank. Am I missing something here?
Why don't you start another thread on this topic?

trishtrish10

elijah in the old testament also escaped death. he was taken to heaven in a chariot off of a mountain top. to believe in revelation and other lesser historical facts one must read materials written after the Bible. the infallibility of the pope and the writings of saints and others mention many miracles, gifts, strengths, lifestyles, martydoms, etc. that aren't recorded in the Bible since they occured later. it takes trust in God, the Church, the Pope, bishops and priests,etc. to know what is divinely inspired and what is fake or false. the church has two types of scrutiny when giving God's blessing to such writings. one is the impramatur and the other the nihl obstat. when a well educated bishop or priest implies these found in the beginning pages of a book, it says nothing contained herein conflicts with church teachings like the catechism, bible, official documents, etc.

the immaculate conception would be a good thread to start. maybe my hero scott will start it. he is well versed, wise and educated. i'm sure he could do a better job than me. if u will scott.