• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Evolution the cause of all evils that we are witnessing in the world?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Christians will often use the Bible to defend themselves or to defend the Bible itself, and that is a circular argument. Most Christians will say something like, "I know I am right about the Bible because I have the Holy Spirit who guides me and helps me understand it" or "You're an unbeliever, so you can't understand the Bible because you don't have the Holy Spirit giving you spiritual discernment." There is a scripture (1 Corinthians 2:14) that some Christians will quote as a means to justify their pious attitude towards unbelievers who quote the Bible at them. The problem is that Christians typically claim to be guided by the Holy Spirit when it comes to the Bible, but they disagree on biblical interpretation. They can't even agree with each other on whether salvation in Christ is conditional or not.
Yes, when one asks them how they would properly test their claims since other Christians do not agree with them all that they can say is what you said "I know that I am right because of the holy spirit" Well that is what their opponents say too.

Often they will use the excuse that the Bible says that they are not to test God. And since God told them that they were right testing it would be wrong. They can never understand that we are not proposing testing God, we are proposing testing their claims.

I asked the OP the following ..

Who created IDer? In the absence of IDer - who created hate and anger? Who created evil?

You asked me...

What makes you think it was created

Then I said the following....

What makes you think - I think it was created? Boomerang right back at ya!
I explained why I asked the question...

was asking the OP because he said IDer commanded us to love one another and then he implied - in the absence of IDer - love would be absent as well. The world will remain with hate and anger! So I asked the OP - if IDer is absent then where did the hate and anger come from? In other words - why love cannot exist the same way?

Then you asked...

Why do you ask who created something if you
don't think it was created?

Then I asked a counter question again...

Why do you think that I can't ask if something is created while believing or not believing if it was created?

Then you said your question was simple... o_O

Who knows. You answer a simple q with questions.

I also asked you what you thought the OP meant by IDer?

So, now the question is - what were you really asking?

Were you asking whether or not I think "IDer" was created? Or were you asking if "hate" was created? or "anger" was created? or "Evil" was created? So, what are you really asking? Maybe you are asking - why I think all of the above were created! As you can see - your question is fuzzy. I still don't know what you think OP meant by IDer. I thought you understood what he meant and that is why you asked why I thought - what you thought I thought -was created! But since you were not clear - I could not answer.
Anyhow - now I decided to attempt to answer just in case you were sincerely asking. Let's us assume - you thought I thought OP thinks IDer is God. In that case I think you asked why I thought God was created.
To answer that - I don't think God was created. I think somewhere in one of the religious doctrine God told us - not to think about how God was created because our brain is not capable to process it. When I read that - I thought about it - I realized I understood what God meant there.
Let me ask you a question and by answering it you may realize what I mean.
Can you compute advance scientific mathematical calculations with a basic calculator? Can you compute binary functions, logarithms, sine, cosine, and tangent functions with a cash register? A cash register can only do basic functions such as additions and subtraction.
Similarly our brain is like a cash register - even if God told us his origin - we may not be able to comprehend it or even process it. We may need a super brain to understand origin of God! IMO That is why - maybe God decided to not reveal to us certain things. IMO

We also don't know how things work in God's kingdom (spiritual realm)! There could be missing scientific concepts that we know nothing about and that could make it hard if not impossible to understand certain things in relation to our universe. Let me try and give an example - I don't believe we know enough about the concept of "Time". I believe "time" could be an illusion - if that is so then everything in God's kingdom could work differently if "time" is not there or if "time" works differently!

Another thing to consider is - we are not using our entire brain in a conscious and active way. Many things are pre-programmed in our brain and we don't have any access to it. Our brain is controlling all organs and making sure they all are performing within parameters. We are not directly preforming our kidney's work. Our brain does it. If we cut our finger - our brain and body does the healing. We may put antibiotic ointment on it but the brain/body does the regeneration work. So, maybe our brain knows certain things but we don't at the time being!

So due to the limitations of our brain - limitation of knowledge and limitation of how much we can perceive or process - limitations of understanding the concept of "time" - it is more likely - we may fail to comprehend even if the answer to your question is explained to us.
So, your question wasn't a simple one as you indicated!

Prophets (via various era) delivered what they comprehended through their perception. In other words - with their knowledge of the world and universe - what they perceived - is what they tried to deliver. Most likely we would have perceived more had the Angels were explaining to us in our century because our civilization progressed. It is also possible that they understood more but their disciples and followers weren't ready to understand! Maybe the believers didn't ask the right questions. Maybe information was revealed in a need to know basis!
If you grow up on a space station without any fruits and never seen an apple - you cannot describe how an apple tastes like - just by looking at it. Similarly various messengers of God may have tried describing what they thought God was all about and how evil started etc. etc. but their explanation may not justify the real thing! It was basically what they perceived when they experienced it! We have to wait and see for ourselves and then maybe we will understand better.

So, I cannot tell you what you wanted to know. But I can tell you that I believe "temptation" started the whole thing. Temptations created a need and curiosity and greed and suspicion and when you can't get what you were tempted for - it created desperation and that led to rash and extreme behavior etc. etc. and thus evil was created.
In other words - after God created our physical body (Adam & Eve) - all hell broke loose when temptations surfaced due to the predicament they found themselves in.
If you want to say (like atheists say) that God created evil - then be my guest. But I think intention is everything. If things are byproducts of temptations then we have to put the blame where it belongs!

Anyhow, maybe you are an atheist who believes everything started from the big bang. Maybe you believe everything happened by chance. Maybe you have a theory regarding how Conscious came into the picture. But maybe I will never know because you only ask one fuzzy question at a time (so far)!

Last edited:

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
ley or Lee?
Not Lee. He made his life about fighting evil. And Super Evil. Besides, he was in the Silver Age and Modern Age, long after the dreaded onslaught of the theory.

It could be ley. Don't know. I can only think of two right now and I don't they created evil either.

I got an ider, or is that IDer. I'm not sure bout that either. Where I come from an ider is what you is thinking bout.

I got no ider.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Not Lee. He made his life about fighting evil. And Super Evil. Besides, he was in the Silver Age and Modern Age, long after the dreaded onslaught of the theory.

It could be ley. Don't know. I can only think of two right now and I don't they created evil either.

I got an ider, or is that IDer. I'm not sure bout that either. Where I come from an ider is what you is thinking bout.

I got no ider.

Definitely Stan. I lived in a house with a bunch of fellow students when I went to college. Stan was one of us. Short, often had a bit of a smarmy expression and now we know why:mad::mad:

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
Definitely Stan. I lived in a house with a bunch of fellow students when I went to college. Stan was one of us. Short, often had a bit of a smarmy expression and now we know why:mad::mad:
So it isn't just the Shadow that knows. You know too. I had no ider.