• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Evolution the cause of all evils that we are witnessing in the world?

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan

Creation and Intelligent Design accept that an Intelligent Agent or Intelligent Designer (IDer) exist who had commanded us to love each other. Love means to let other people live happily, even though you may sacrifice. John 3:16

But if Evolution is correct, therefore, IDer does not exist, so is love. Then hate and anger would be the norm. From these, evils will come like Hell. Save us!

Thus, let us get rid of Evolution, as one sources of evil.

Evolution is the term for the mechanism for how our biology has changed over time; it is objective, and is what it is.

Evil is a term that is used to describe our emotional reactions to being feeling beings in a tumultuous universe. It is subjective.

Evolution has led to things we consider having evil implications (tribalism, violence) but also good (cooperation, compassion).

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Is Evolution the cause of all evils...

You got this completely wrong and your god ain't getting away with it just because you have an idea...

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
You got this completely wrong and your god ain't getting away with it just because you have an idea...

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
This has been explained ad infinitum. But it remains an overused mantra.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
"...Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!..." [2Co 5:17 NIV]

[Ecc 7:13-15 NIV] 13 Consider what God has done: Who can straighten what he has made crooked? 14 When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider this: God has made the one as well as the other. Therefore, no one can discover anything about their future. 15 In this meaningless life of mine I have seen both of these: the righteous perishing in their righteousness, and the wicked living long in their wickedness.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Why would you want to imitate what is wrong? Wrong is still wrong even if you do it.
What is good for the goose is good for the gander. Now if Christians rebuked their fellow Christians for doing so then you might have a valid point.

But if you are a Christian that is going to claim "100's of prophecies about Jesus in the Old Testament" then @ChristineM 's quote was valid.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
What is good for the goose is good for the gander. Now if Christians rebuked their fellow Christians for doing so then you might have a valid point.

But if you are a Christian that is going to claim "100's of prophecies about Jesus in the Old Testament" then @ChristineM 's quote was valid.

So, at least we established that you were wrong, so.... the quote is still wrong

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

Creation and Intelligent Design accept that an Intelligent Agent or Intelligent Designer (IDer) exist who had commanded us to love each other. Love means to let other people live happily, even though you may sacrifice. John 3:16

But if Evolution is correct, therefore, IDer does not exist, so is love. Then hate and anger would be the norm. From these, evils will come like Hell. Save us!

My. This is just so, so confused in so many different ways at the same time...

Clara Tea

TITLE: Is Evolution the cause of all evils that we are witnessing in the world?

"But if Evolution is correct, therefore, IDer (Intelligent Designer) does not exist, so is love."

I try to never correct grammar structure, because I believe that it is fine for someone to express an idea without using proper syntax, and I know that I have made gramatical errors in the past.

However, I struggle to make sense of your sentence.

It is possible for evolution to be correct even if there is an intelligent designer. It would appear that the designer, if, indeed, he does exist, intended for the system to work without his intervention, and for everything to work automatically. Thus, every time that we seek a reason for something to exist, we discover the science (usually complicated) behind the existence. But, if you are saying that love doesn't exist because evolution does exist, again, I disagree.

The evils that we see in the world are from Christians who don't realize that they follow Satan.

1. Satan says "thou shalt kill" and the Religious Right insists that their candidates are for gun rights and for the National Rifle Association. President W. Bush made unprovoked wars in regions "near" the al Qaeda (Afghanistan, but against US allies, the Taliban), Iraq (no link to terrorism), and tried to make wars in North Korea and Niger (Google Ambassador Joseph Wilson for more info about Niger). I'm certain that God opposes torture camps, yet, W. Bush made numerous torture camps, including the two famous ones in Camp Delta and Camp X-Ray in Guantanamo, Cuba, not to mention Iraq, on a ship in the Indian Ocean, etc.

2. W. Bush made logging roads into forests, after claiming to be for the environment. His father, a self-styled pro-environmentalist really was the president of Arbusto Oil, pals with Cheney (head of Halliburton, an oil drilling equipment company), and close to various oil tycoons. Many notice the attempts of Bush to steal Iraqi oil, including trying to get a pipeline from the Caspian Sea to India, and the oil power plant that was actually built in anticipation. The Bush family pushed for off-shore drilling, oil pipelines, pooh poohed solar power, and George Bush called people "Ozone Bozos" if they wanted to preserve the environmentment.

3. Satan rules by deception. W. Bush hired attorney John Woo (professor of Law, Chapman University, City of Orange, California) to redefine the word torture so that torture doesn't even exist. Redefining is another way of lying.

4. The New Testament bible (Chapter Revelation) says that the ones who attacked Iraq are really demons from hell named the dragon (Bush senior), and his son the beast, (W. Bush), and that the US is called the Whore of Babylon (Revelation 17:18) for being known for sexual misconduct and for conquering and corrupting Iraq. As the US withdrew, Iraq was finally able to have free elections and elect people who opposed US occupation.

5. Homelessness is a big concern to God today, but it doesn't seem to concern most Christians at all. From pastors who cheat the poor by taking donations for their mansions (like Reverend Jim and Tammy Fay Bakker), to those like Copeland who buy multi-million dollar jets, the poor are the last people on their minds. On TV, all they do is beg for donations with the promise that if you cast your bread upon the waters, ten times that amount will miraculously come back to you (it never does).

6. Disease (covid) is a big concern, but God warned us (Revelation 15) that there would be seven plages (mutations of covid or maybe other diseases like monkey pox that is rapidly spreading) if we defy Him and attack Iraq.

7. The Religious Right is saying that Iraq is corrupt according to Revelation. But, they have that backwards, it was attacked by the Religious Right (W. Bush was not just the president of the US at the time, he was also the head of the Religious Right), and he attacked and corrupted Iraq. The Iraqis were raped, and some had sex willingly with US soldiers, with the promise that they would marry them (which they never did), and the US military blocked contact with the soldiers, so the pregnant women couldn't contact them.

8. Debt is a major concern. When you elect Satan's demons to the highest office in the land, you get a package deal. You not only get wars, lies, homelessness, but also debt. That's what Satanic demons do. Factories were outsourced to take advantage of cheap foreign labor, and US workers had to train their uneducated foreign counterparts before being fired. W. Bush insisted on closing down the Port of Los Angeles, and create a state of the art port in Mexico, to take advantage of cheap foreign labor. All this put American workers out of work, made a crime-ridden ghost town of Detroit, and the entire state of Ohio (once the manufacturing hub of the US) was made a ghost state, with hoards of homeless people who once had jobs manufacturing. W. Bush worshipped mammon more than God.

Last edited:

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

Yes, we can reinterpret the Bible when it says things we don't like.

I think it's highly unlikely that we will ever witness any devout Christian admitting that God creates evil, just as the Bible clearly states in Isaiah 45:7. So of course, they will adamantly deny that their "loving, merciful" God creates evil or that he creates disasters and calamities. The whole "God is love" theme is the crux of their religion. It's part of the evangelical ploy a lot of Christians will use to entice unbelievers into converting to Christianity. It seems like the Bible is only the "Word of God" when Christians agree with certain scriptures. Otherwise, some of them claim that God didn't inspire all of the Bible, only parts of it. That's very convenient, isn't it?

Christians are more likely to attract converts with feel-good messages like "God is love!" or "God loves you!" rather than with "God is love, but you should know that the Bible says that God creates evil, disasters, and calamities." Just ignore that part. And while you're at it, ignore the verses about God forcing a rape victim to marry her rapist, dashing infants' heads against rocks, ordering the death of witches, ordering the Israelites to kill every man, woman, child, and infant from another nation, and finally, ignore the verses where it says that God killed every living person on earth, with the exception of one family, in a global flood. We want you to only pay attention to and believe the positive verses of God's love and goodness, and ignore the verses about his atrocious behavior towards mankind. "

If their evangelical ploy of attracting converts included some of the horrific stories in the Bible, then how many converts do you think they would attract and convince to convert to Christianity? It's understandable that Christians will adamantly deny that God creates evil, disasters, and calamities. As an ex-Christian myself, I know that it's much easier on a Christian's conscience to blame mankind or the devil for the evil in the world rather than blame a "loving and merciful" God that a Christian genuinely believes in and has faith in.

I think that it stands to reason that Christians would replace the word "evil" with a less offensive word, like disaster and calamity.

Isaiah 45:7

KJV: "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things."

Evil:
1. Morally bad or wrong; wicked, 2. Causing ruin, injury, or pain; harmful, 3. Characterized by or indicating misfortune; ominous.

NIV: "I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things."

Disaster:
1. An occurrence causing widespread destruction and distress; a catastrophe; 2. A grave misfortune, and 3. A total failure.

ESV: "I form light and create darkness; I make well-being and create calamity; I am the LORD, who does all these things."

Calamity: 1. An event that brings terrible loss, lasting distress, or severe affliction; a disaster, 2. Dire distress resulting from loss or tragedy; 3. Any great misfortune or cause of misery; in general, any event or disaster which produces extensive evils, as loss of crops, earthquakes, etc., but also applied to any misfortune which brings great distress on a person; misfortune; distress; adversity.

Last edited:

Clara Tea

Yes, let's get rid of the fact that we are related to other apes.

And look! Just look at all of the people that die from falling!! It is time to ban gravity as well.

Maybe a chant will help:

Ban Evolution! Ban Gravity!

Ban Evolution! Ban Gravity!

Did you know that without gravity we could not do GPS? That means that gravity put all sorts of map publishers out of business! Oooh. This topic can get me so mad. I used to love my Thomas Guides.
They didn't appreciate the gravity of the situation.

When an apple hit Isaac Newton in the head, it rebounded up. When Newton glanced up he saw the apple going upward. It was at that time that he discovered ytivarg, and it wasn't until it fell back down that he turned the word backwards.

Clara Tea

It's highly unlikely that we will ever witness any devout Christian honestly admitting that God creates evil, just as the Bible clearly states in Isaiah 45:7. So of course, they will adamantly deny that their "loving, merciful" God creates evil or that he creates disasters and calamities. The whole "God is love" theme is the crux of their religion. It's part of the evangelical ploy a lot of Christians will use to entice unbelievers into converting to Christianity. It seems like the Bible is only the "Word of God" when Christians agree with certain scriptures. Otherwise, some of them claim that God didn't inspire all of the Bible, only parts of it. That's very convenient, isn't it?

Christians are more likely to attract converts with feel-good messages like "God is love!" or "God loves you!" rather than with "God is love, but you should know that the Bible says that God creates evil, disasters, and calamities." Just ignore that part. And while you're at it, ignore the verses about God forcing a rape victim to marry her rapist, dashing infants' heads against rocks, ordering the death of witches, ordering the Israelites to kill every man, woman, child, and infant from another nation, and finally, ignore the scriptures where it says that God drowned and killed every living person on earth, with the exception of one family, in a global flood. We want you to only pay attention to and believe the positive scriptures of God's love and goodness, and ignore all the horrific scriptures detailing his atrocious and sadistic behavior towards humanity. "

If their evangelical ploy of attracting converts included some of the horrific stories in the Bible, then how many converts do you think they would attract and convince to convert to Christianity? Like I said, of course, devout Christians will adamantly deny that God creates evil, disasters, and calamities. As an ex-Christian myself, I know that it's much easier on a Christian's conscience to blame mankind or the devil for the evil in the world rather than blame a "loving and merciful" God that a Christian genuinely believes in and has faith in. Of course, Christians want to take the word "evil" out of the equation and replace with a less offensive word, like disaster and calamity.

Isaiah 45:7

KJV: "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things."

Evil:
1. Morally bad or wrong; wicked, 2. Causing ruin, injury, or pain; harmful, 3. Characterized by or indicating misfortune; ominous.

NIV: "I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things."

Disaster:
1. An occurrence causing widespread destruction and distress; a catastrophe; 2. A grave misfortune, and 3. A total failure.

ESV: "I form light and create darkness; I make well-being and create calamity; I am the LORD, who does all these things."

Calamity: 1. An event that brings terrible loss, lasting distress, or severe affliction; a disaster, 2. Dire distress resulting from loss or tragedy; 3. Any great misfortune or cause of misery; in general, any event or disaster which produces extensive evils, as loss of crops, earthquakes, etc., but also applied to any misfortune which brings great distress on a person; misfortune; distress; adversity.

Even if some other, lesser, God creates disasters, should the big God have the power to stop him? Is the big God too weak? Is the big God too preoccupied or apathetic to answer prayers of us insignificant little specks? Even Horton (the elephant) tried to rescue Cindy Loo Who.