• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Evolution the cause of all evils that we are witnessing in the world?

MrIntelligentDesign

Creation and Intelligent Design accept that an Intelligent Agent or Intelligent Designer (IDer) exist who had commanded us to love each other. Love means to let other people live happily, even though you may sacrifice. John 3:16

But if Evolution is correct, therefore, IDer does not exist, so is love. Then hate and anger would be the norm. From these, evils will come like Hell. Save us!

Thus, let us get rid of Evolution, as one sources of evil.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

Creation and Intelligent Design accept that an Intelligent Agent or Intelligent Designer (IDer) exist who had commanded us to love each other. Love means to let other people live happily, even though you may sacrifice. John 3:16

But if Evolution is correct, therefore, IDer does not exist, so is love. Then hate and anger would be the norm. From these, evils will come like Hell. Save us!

You are about to unleash a hornet's nest.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

Creation and evolution can go hand in hand.
But no evolution is not what cause evil in this wirld

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

How does one 'get rid of Evolution'? It exists or it doesn't.

Assuming it exists, it is an uncaring process. Love, hate and anger are not central to it.

And, finally, assuming a Creator does not make it mandatory that we've been commanded to love. Only if that Creator fits some quite specific additional assumptions. A Deist God, for example, couldn't give a rat's tossbag.

Last edited:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
You are about to unleash a hornet's nest.

I think it would be easier to argue that there is a Creator, than argue the evolution prevents love, and promotes hate and anger.

But if we're talking about little flying insects, we should go with bees, rather than hornets. Then all we're missing are birds, and we've found love!!

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Nietzsche said: man is a rope stretched between the animal stage and the Overman.

To evolve ourselves, that depends on our own free will.
The lion is full of hatred towards the zebra, which it will hunt and eat.

But we humans can do better.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Only indirectly. It's the reason humanity exists, and the rest follows from that. A more immediate cause of what you call evil is religion. Putting ideas like that one in the heads of believers does the church a favor, but is a disservice to the believers and to those around them.

Creation and Intelligent Design accept that an Intelligent Agent or Intelligent Designer (IDer) exist who had commanded us to love each other.

Yeah, but that didn't work, did it? People don't become loving because a book commands them to. Love is taught by example.

Love means to let other people live happily, even though you may sacrifice. John 3:16

That's the definition of tolerance. Love goes further and requires one devote resources to the object of love, which may as little as time and empathy. Also, the Christian model of love is not a good one. Your cited scripture defines love in terms of a blood sacrifice. A god that would reject and punish man for unbelief is not a loving god by humanist standards and probably those of the dharmic religions. A god that would build a torture chamber and stock it with demons to torment souls gratuitously kept conscious just to make them suffer to the benefit of nobody but a sadist is not a loving god. A god that would leave two children alone with a malicious serpent where temptation could be so costly is not a loving god.

How about we get rid of anti-intellectual religions that teach an unloving form of "love," one that generates homophobes, atheophobes, and misogynists, and seems to have no trouble with white supremacy or insurrection, that teaches that faith is a virtue and reason its enemy? Think how much evil would be swept away with that. Humanism could fill in the vacuum and provide a better model and philosophy, one opposed to all of that.

Here's a kindred spirit, a guy who loves your religion and detests humanism. Have a taste of what love means to this Christian:
  • "Why stoning? There are many reasons. First, the implements of execution are available to everyone at virtually no cost...executions are community projects--not with spectators who watch a professional executioner do `his' duty, but rather with actual participants...That modern Christians never consider the possibility of the reintroduction of stoning for capital crimes indicates how thoroughly humanistic concepts of punishment have influenced the thinking of Christian." - Christian Dominionist Gary North bemoaning the influence that humanism has had
If you want to come on this site to demean that which you imagine is the enemy of your religious beliefs, and to present your religion as a religion of love, be prepared to hear the rebuttal.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

No. Evolution is adaptation to an environment.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with human standards of morality

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Yes, let's get rid of the fact that we are related to other apes.

And look! Just look at all of the people that die from falling!! It is time to ban gravity as well.

Maybe a chant will help:

Ban Evolution! Ban Gravity!

Did you know that without gravity we could not do GPS? That means that gravity put all sorts of map publishers out of business! Oooh. This topic can get me so mad. I used to love my Thomas Guides.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

And look! Just look at all of the people that die from falling!! It is time to ban gravity as well.

Maybe a chant will help:

Did you know that without gravity we could not do GPS? That means that gravity put all sorts of map publishers out of business! Oooh. This topic can get me so mad. I used to love my Thomas Guides.
Hee ohhh ohooo oho....Hee ohooo ohhh oh.....

Wonder if my chant worked :confused::oops:

joe1776

Is Evolution the cause of all evils that we are witnessing in the world?...
It is possible that Life has been set up as a learning process. We humans are challenged by suffering to learn to cooperate in global harmony. There is no need for the Creator to interfere in the process because it's working as intended.

What we refer to as conscience is moral intuition. We KNOW how to discern between right and wrong without reason. That intuitive sense might also be thought of as survival instincts. For example, the intent to harm innocent people feels wrong. Yet, killing in self-defense feels justified. So, in the long run, the gene pool for cold-blooded killers is reduced.

If this hypothesis is correct, a Creator and Evolution can be explained. And the fact is that we humans are making moral progress, we are treating each other better today than at any time in the distant past.

In my hypothesis, religion doesn't fit. The moral advice religious leaders offer, when it agrees with conscience, does no harm. It's merely unnecessary. When it disagrees with conscience, as it did on the issue of slavery, its a bias.

When Christians use their reasoning minds to determine from reading their Bible that killing is always wrong, they have created a bias that will send their moral judgments off course when judging killings done in self-defense.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
:cool:
YES

NO

But if Evolution is correct, therefore, IDer does not exist, so is love
NO

NO

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member

I want to ban germ theory. It is the cause of all diseases in the world.

Didn't you say that the theory of evolution doesn't say anything about intelligence, so therefore says nothing about a designer one way or the other. Thus, based on what you have said, cannot have the impact you are now claiming. Is there any consistency, facts or sound logical reasoning to your narrative?

The theory of evolution is not about the origin of life. It is a scientific theory describing the relationships, changes and diversification of living things based on the evidence of the natural world. There is nothing in the theory that supports or denies the existence of a creator. It is not a claim or explanation for that. So your claim that supporting it means no creator, no love and all hate and misery is irrational without a basis. Further, people that do believe in a creator or creators have historically engaged widely in practices that are easily recognized as hateful, angry and evil.

The crucifixion of Christ occurred in a world full of believers who had no knowledge of theories of evolution.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
I think it would be easier to argue that there is a Creator, than argue the evolution prevents love, and promotes hate and anger.

But if we're talking about little flying insects, we should go with bees, rather than hornets. Then all we're missing are birds, and we've found love!!
I love dung beetles. From a human perspective, they have evolved to engage in one of the most disgusting lifestyles for themselves. But we would be hip deep without them.

exchemist

Veteran Member

Maybe a chant will help:

Hey come back! You're floating away! :D

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Hey come back! You're floating away! :D
Whew! Got a little light headed there.

Bah dum tssss!

giphy.gif

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
More like a laugh fest.

Ban Evolution! Ban Gravity! Ban Evolution! Ban Gravity!
I say we go further and ban society. The very existence of it is the cause of all our problems.

The surface area of the Earth is 510 million square km., so spreading everyone out over that area would limit contact and eliminate society. That 7/10 of the population would be over water would potentiate the end of society further reducing our anger, hatred and evil pretty quickly too.

Down with Society, the root of all Evil.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member

I don't understand. You are claiming that evolution is the cause of all evil in the world and then you are saying it is one source of that evil. Which is it? I cannot be both.

Another example of the inconsistency of your claims that lead me to wonder what is it that you actually use as a basis for them.