• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Everyone a Conspiracy Theorist in One Way or Another?

Is Everyone a Conspiracy Theorist in One Way or Another?

• Yes, everyone is

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Not me, but others are

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • I am, but not everyone is

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Cooky

Veteran Member
Is it possible that through our human nature, being abstract thinkers, that we are all bound to some kind of conspiracy theory or another? Search deep within yourself and others, and see if you can find evidence of a belief or "hunch" based on merely putting 2 and 2 together, but lacking actual evidence.

Remember, statistics aren't always "evidence"... If statistics are based on raw numbers, then only those numbers are facts, but it takes conspiratorial thought to assume those numbers are as they are because of any said reason.

...So think about it. Think about the deep seated harm that conspiratorial thought causes all around the world... And then think about how we can get around it. Also, if someone here can claim to be conspiracy-free, then please explain how you think you came to be this way.

Here's something I've learned...

Most conspiracy theories occur by two reasons I know of.

1. We see three different similar cases, at three different times. Our minds kick into "abstract thinking" mode, and automatically attempt to draw a conclusion by linking 3 different, distinct cases, that are actually in no way physically related by natural instinct.
  2. We are told something over and over and over, whether it be on the news, or constantly reciting scriptures, and then the "abstract thinking" part of our mind activates, and stamps it as a belief in our long term memory bank.
Thanks for your participation.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I have a theory that Boris Johnson cannon open his mouth without lies comming out.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
There's one Jew on the RF Staff, so RF is obviously part of the Jewish owned media!

ChristineM

Premium Member
Surely you jest. :)

Absolutely not, and i can prove it with real evidence, he's a clone of trump and you know how trump lies

EpPiHeVWEAYmw3A.jpg

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
According to the science -- which does not and will not matter to the theorists -- the further from having any power someone thinks or feels they are, the more likely they are a 'conspiracy theorist'. Or maybe it's the less one knows about how things work, the more likely one is to be a theorist. I can't recall now. Been a long time since I was interested enough to read up on the subject.

ChristineM

Premium Member
According to the science -- which does not and will not matter to the theorists -- the further from having any power someone thinks or feels they are, the more likely they are a 'conspiracy theorist'. Or maybe it's the less one knows about how things work, the more likely one is to be a theorist. I can't recall now. Been a long time since I was interested enough to read up on the subject.

is that your theory???

Cooky

Veteran Member

So you don't theorize..? Because my understanding was that it is a natural human instinct through the process of abstract thinking.

74x12

Is it possible that through our human nature, being abstract thinkers, that we are all bound to some kind of conspiracy theory or another? Search deep within yourself and others, and see if you can find evidence of a belief or "hunch" based on merely putting 2 and 2 together, but lacking actual evidence.

Remember, statistics aren't always "evidence"... If statistics are based on raw numbers, then only those numbers are facts, but it takes conspiratorial thought to assume those numbers are as they are because of any said reason.

...So think about it. Think about the deep seated harm that conspiratorial thought causes all around the world... And then think about how we can get around it. Also, if someone here can claim to be conspiracy-free, then please explain how you think you came to be this way.

"Conspiracy theory" was a term created by the CIA to discredit those who questioned the JFK assassination. The term itself was literally created by a conspiracy. It's used by the media and government officials as a bludgeon to beat down dissenting voices or true investigative journalism.

The method they use is identify, nullify destroy. That is first they must identify or highlight the opposition. Then they isolate them or turn everyone against them. An easy way to do this is slap a catchy title on people like conspiracy theorist. Then they can effectively nullify the target. That is discredit them. The end goal is to literally destroy them or wipe them out of existence.

That being said many conspiracy theories are just nonsense.

I am conspiracy free because I'm not plotting anything against anyone. All a conspiracy is, is a illegal plot by two or more people in secret.

Cooky

Veteran Member
"Conspiracy theory" was a term created by the CIA to discredit those who questioned the JFK assassination. The term itself was literally created by a conspiracy. It's used by the media and government officials as a bludgeon to beat down dissenting voices or true investigative journalism.

The method they use is identify, nullify destroy. That is first they must identify or highlight the opposition. Then they isolate them or turn everyone against them. An easy way to do this is slap a catchy title on people like conspiracy theorist. Then they can effectively nullify the target. That is discredit them. The end goal is to literally destroy them or wipe them out of existence.

That being said many conspiracy theories are just nonsense.

I am conspiracy free because I'm not plotting anything against anyone. All a conspiracy is, is a illegal plot by two or more people in secret.

Okay, if plotting is a prerequisite to conspiracy theories, then I have to edit the title to just "theory" or "theorize"... But I don't know that that will work either, because science has defined a theory as something *with* evidence... So I don't even know if there's a word in the English language for what I'm talking about.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Guys, this is not in the jokes section. It's not really a debate either, so I don't know why I put it here.

I have an honest question, I was curious if someone wanted to participate in a serious manner.

I am serious

Cooky

Veteran Member
Maybe some of the more science-minded have found a way to divert their natural tendency to theorize, and have actually been able to control it.

...While in the meantime, a huge swath of the world feeds it..? And while they feed it, they don't even know it's a natural instinct that they could have the ability to manipulate.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Okay, if plotting is a prerequisite to conspiracy theories, then I have to edit the title to just "theory" or "theorize"... But I don't know that that will work either, because science has defined a theory as something *with* evidence... So I don't even know if there's a word in the English language for what I'm talking about.
You're looking for "hypothesis".
But a conspiracy theory is not a theory and sometimes it is not about conspiracy. You have to read the two words as one technical term, Conspiracy Theory. It's like a Royal Flush which has nothing to do with toilettes and is not a noble.

Cooky

Veteran Member
But a conspiracy theory is not a theory and sometimes it is not about conspiracy. You have to read the two words as one technical term, Conspiracy Theory. It's like a Royal Flush which has nothing to do with toilettes and is not a noble.

Do you agree that abstract thinking is a human instinct? And that we have a tendency to see three or more different things and our instincts attempt to combine them into a single idea?

Heyo

Veteran Member
Is it possible that through our human nature, being abstract thinkers, that we are all bound to some kind of conspiracy theory or another?
Yes and no. I think it is human nature but it requires some imagination, some scepticism and a dose of delusion. Not all people have that.
I have the first and the second but lack a bit in the delusion part. Consequently my belief of Conspiracy Theories is limited, mostly to political actors being shady. I think that the official stories about the JFK assassination and 9/11 are not convincing and something is going on (most probably hiding major ****-ups by some government/military actors).
Oh, and I'm not crazy enough to believe in some theory I'm just asking questions.

Cooky

Veteran Member

"Hypothesis" seems too science specific. Maybe philosophize is closer..?

exchemist

Veteran Member

Here's something I've learned...

Most conspiracy theories occur by two reasons I know of.

1. We see three different similar cases, at three different times. Our minds kick into "abstract thinking" mode, and automatically attempt to draw a conclusion by linking 3 different, distinct cases, that are actually in no way physically related by natural instinct.
  2. We are told something over and over and over, whether it be on the news, or constantly reciting scriptures, and then the "abstract thinking" part of our mind activates, and stamps it as a belief in our long term memory bank.

No we are not all conspiracy theorists, if by that you mean it in its modern, colloquial sense of paranoid conspiracy theories. We do not all believe in some group of "them", that is out to get us, subjugate us, deny people their rights, infiltrate us for nefarious reasons to do us harm, or whatever.

Cooky

Veteran Member
No we are not all conspiracy theorists, if by that you mean it in its modern, colloquial sense of paranoid conspiracy theories. We do not all believe in some group of "them", that is out to get us, subjugate us, deny people their rights, infiltrate us for nefarious reasons to do us harm, or whatever.

How easy or difficult do you suspect it might be for a conspiracy theorist to abandon his faith in his belief?