• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is every generation the same?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Sometimes I think the only progress that's made in this world is in science and technology. At other times, I think there might be a broader progress made between generations. But I really don't know. Is every generation more or less the same as the ones that came before it? Are the differences between generations merely superficial? What do you think?

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I don't think so... the huge gains made in areas of personal freedom and communication, while TIED to technology are still impressive.

huajiro

People will always have the same characteristics as we will always be human. Outside factors will always change, but we will only be able to bend so far.

fromthe heart

Sunstone said:
Sometimes I think the only progress that's made in this world is in science and technology. At other times, I think there might be a broader progress made between generations. But I really don't know. Is every generation more or less the same as the ones that came before it? Are the differences between generations merely superficial? What do you think?
Some think time travel isn't just science-fiction...I think technology has changed us through the generations...some of it for the better some for the worse. The essence of humans though if that is what you mean ispretty much the same...it's the things that go on in the lives of generations that are different. just MPO>
Smiles, FTH:)

huajiro

Now that I think about it....animals evolve and we are animals....over time we will change physically, but not internally

Fluffy

A fool
As a society we are changing, and for the better. On a personal level, everyone will always be the same but the different society will make them act differently with peer pressure acting in different directions and areas for example.

I thought we weren't evolving anymore though since, with medicine, the laws of natural selection have been avoided in the vast majority of cases.