• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is "Devil Worship" another Abrahamic faith?

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Before the modern era, I would say no. I'm pretty sure if actual devil worshipers existed before a certain point they were in hiding.

This guy is sure interesting though and he is not LaVey. Dude won a Nobel Prize lol.

Hymn To Satan by Giosue Carducci Classic Famous Poet - All Poetry.
I have two friends that are Luciferian. I know this is a different religion, but I found myself agreeing and conducting my life very closely to their doctrines.

If push ever came to shove, I could be their poster boy.

Viker

Häxan
I have two friends that are Luciferian. I know this is a different religion, but I found myself agreeing and conducting my life very closely to their doctrines.

If push ever came to shove, I could be their poster boy.

One of my ex's is a theistic Satanist, a lot like that Diane Vera lady. But she was a fierce independent believing all the institutions had been blighted by Christian infiltrators (this shoulda been a sign right away). She and a couple of her buddies thought I was the most Satanic basterd ever. I still have no idea what they mean. I'm actually a real nice guy.

Trey of Diamonds

OK, so basically I am still waiting for an example of the Satanist we are discussing.

Do they even exist or for that matter have they ever existed?

The fallen angels are the only example I can think of.

Not sure why you're waiting, I've already said I have no examples and that I'm not sure if they existed at all.

blackout

Violet.
One of my ex's is a theistic Satanist, a lot like that Diane Vera lady. But she was a fierce independent believing all the institutions had been blighted by Christian infiltrators (this shoulda been a sign right away). She and a couple of her buddies thought I was the most Satanic basterd ever. I still have no idea what they mean. I'm actually a real nice guy.

Perhaps that's what they meant?

... but then.... she's your ex....
lol

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Not sure why you're waiting, I've already said I have no examples and that I'm not sure if they existed at all.

So this thread was about what label to put upon a group of people who most likely did not exist?

It would have been a much better discussion if we could have not had exclusions on groups that DO EXIST.

Just saying.....

blackout

Violet.
So this thread was about what label to put upon a group of people who most likely did not exist?

It would have been a much better discussion if we could have not had exclusions on groups that DO EXIST.

Just saying.....

So many things exist only in people's minds.

When they are gone,
they are gone.

Usually we don't even know when they're here.
(what exists in their minds)

Though that doesn't stop others from claiming otherwise.
(otherwise being.... what exists in their OWN mind/s)

Last edited:

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I'm still going with the post that if you worship the Wiccan Satan (if there is one) or some other religion, are they a Wiccan or that religion they are against?

Trey of Diamonds

Just saying.....

Except that there was already a discussion about those groups in progress and this thread was created with the purpose to exclude them. Not only are both disscussion ongoing but you are already participating in both of them so I don't understand the issue?

Just saying...

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Except that there was already a discussion about those groups in progress and this thread was created with the purpose to exclude them. Not only are both disscussion ongoing but you are already participating in both of them so I don't understand the issue?

Just saying...

No issue here, I'm just happy to participate in non-christian threads. Most of the time these subjects are kept tucked away in the DIR's many times for good reason.

Draka

Wonder Woman
The instigating thought behind this thread in the first place was I just found it extremely odd, and flat out wrong, for some people to try to insist that Pagans actually worship the Devil. That Paganism and Satanism are one and the same. That people who are Pagan and follow a goddess or Mother Nature and the like aren't really worshiping those entities, but the Devil. That's ridiculous. The Devil is a Christian concoction. It's an entity exclusive to them and stems from their belief system, and thus the Abrahamic pantheon. Whether other Abrahamic religions have issue with that then that needs to be taken up with the Christians for altering their pantheon or interpreting it differently. Either way though, like it or not, the Devil is strictly in the Abrahamic camp and nowhere else. To even try to insist otherwise just looks absurd to me. Also, as to whether or not Devil worshipers have ever existed...why would that be doubted? There are people of all kinds and temperaments. The idea that some might be drawn to actually honor and worship the entity known as the Devil shouldn't seem so doubtful or surprising. They may not be many, but doesn't mean they don't exist. :shrug:

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
The instigating thought behind this thread in the first place was I just found it extremely odd, and flat out wrong, for some people to try to insist that Pagans actually worship the Devil. That Paganism and Satanism are one and the same. That people who are Pagan and follow a goddess or Mother Nature and the like aren't really worshiping those entities, but the Devil. That's ridiculous. The Devil is a Christian concoction. It's an entity exclusive to them and stems from their belief system, and thus the Abrahamic pantheon. Whether other Abrahamic religions have issue with that then that needs to be taken up with the Christians for altering their pantheon or interpreting it differently. Either way though, like it or not, the Devil is strictly in the Abrahamic camp and nowhere else. To even try to insist otherwise just looks absurd to me. Also, as to whether or not Devil worshipers have ever existed...why would that be doubted? There are people of all kinds and temperaments. The idea that some might be drawn to actually honor and worship the entity known as the Devil shouldn't seem so doubtful or surprising. They may not be many, but doesn't mean they don't exist. :shrug:

Draka, I understand what you are saying, I'm not trying to give Pagans a bad rap, I used to be one.

If your in the mood to have a little fun, let me ask you some questions I believe I have the answers to as well.

Where does your Goddess receive her power from?

Who is the Great Horned One?

Who do you invoke at the four watch towers?

Draka

Wonder Woman
Draka, I understand what you are saying, I'm not trying to give Pagans a bad rap, I used to be one.

If your in the mood to have a little fun, let me ask you some questions I believe I have the answers to as well.
Don't know where you're going with this, but ok.

Where does your Goddess receive her power from?
The Divine Source which is the life spark/essence which flows through all life and of which She is an Aspect.

Who is the Great Horned One?
The male/father protective and hunter Aspect of the Divine.

Who do you invoke at the four watch towers?
I ask the elemental beings associated with each direction and element to watch over and protect my circle during my ritual and lend any help they may deign to provide during the ritual.

blackout

Violet.

Are you saying there are no Devil's in any other pantheons?

I somehow doubt that's what you're saying.

(because every other thing you've said here has made perfect sense to me) ;)

EDIT: I think 'Devil' is a generic term,
whereas "Satan" is very character specific.
(regardless of the fact that there are at least a handful of versions of Satan's Character -- and I mean that in both senses.)

Last edited:

Trey of Diamonds

The Devil with a capital D is specific to a monotheistic religion, (IMHO). When you only have one God and said God is supposed to be good then something has to be responsible for all the evils in the world and a Devil tends to be who catches hell for it. (bad pun intended)

Polytheistic religions tend to have Gods who are both good and evil and each can be sought after for either or. I don't know of any that could be considered only good or only evil but maybe someone else out there can offer some examples?

Now devils with a lower case d are another matter altogether. These are evil creatures not to be confused with Gods and many pantheons have either devils or creatures that fit that bill.

Draka

Wonder Woman

I somehow doubt that's what you're saying.

(because every other thing you've said here has made perfect sense to me) ;)

EDIT: I think 'Devil' is a generic term,
whereas "Satan" is very character specific.
(regardless of the fact that there are at least a handful of versions of Satan's Character -- and I mean that in both senses.)

If I had meant any opposing or "dark" entity I would have stated as such. I capitalized "Devil" so as to mean specifically the the Abrahamic entity known as "The Devil" or "Satan". That particular entity, its origins, background story, role in its mythology, are the sole property of the Abrahamic pantheon and the system of belief built upon it.