• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Death Evil?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I find Jesus spoke of 'resurrection' back to either physical life on Earth, or some to heavenly life.
So, it is Not death that can be a messenger of joy but resurrection is.
Death is an ' enemy ' according to 1 Corinthians 15:26

There can be two deaths, one can be avoided, one can not.

Regards Tony

syo

No, now we'll have an endless chain of 'non-murderers'.
Pick up the morning news and see man's endless chain of growing murders.
Pick up the Bible's good news and see the coming end to murders.
For just as God promised father Abraham that ALL families and ALL nations of Earth will be blessed.
Blessed with the benefit of healing for earth's nations is coming.
I hope you are right. If christianity is powerful to stop murders, then that would be a blessing. But there is a long way, because it seems tough to stop evil. It seems evil is rooted into the hearts of people.

anubhuti

Everybody dies. Death is as much a part of biological existence as is birth.

Is death evil? If you believe it is, why?

Death is something that is inevitable. There are people who defeated death (this statement is only applicable for religious people). By defeat of death I mean (crossing a barrier or an obstacle called as death in their path to infinity or their respective goal). Death is evil or just another event for those who are not prepared or for those who have shad sinful life or past and are still guilty or still craving for something even during the times they should've repented or diverted their heart and mind towards soul or divinity.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
There can be two deaths, one can be avoided, one can not.
Regards Tony

Yes, agree, we can Not avoid adamic death ( death because of Adam )
However, we can avoid ' second death ' as mentioned at Revelation 21:8
So, even a resurrected person can end up in ' second death ' or as Jude wrote at Jude 1:12 B (twice dead)

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I hope you are right. If christianity is powerful to stop murders, then that would be a blessing. But there is a long way, because it seems tough to stop evil. It seems evil is rooted into the hearts of people.
Evil sure was rooted in the hearts of most people who lived at the time of Genesis 6:11.
In other words, there were more evil people than righteous people on Earth at that time frame.
If there would Not be coming divine involvement in mankind's affairs that would be a long way.
As the days were cut short for violent people to live at the time of Genesis chapter 6, so it will be again.
Not by any fiery destruction, nor by water, but by 'words'.
Not just any ' words ' but Scripture informs us by the ' executional words ' from Jesus' mouth - Isaiah 11:3-4
Jesus as King of God's Kingdom, and as Prince of Peace, will rid Earth of evil - Revelation 19:14-16.
There is a soon coming ' time of separation ' to take place on Earth as per Matthew 25:31-33,37,40.
Those who are past the point of repenting are classed as haughty figurative ' goats ' to be destroyed.
As the end came 'hard and swift' back in Genesis, and for un-faithful Jerusalem in the year 70, so too the coming end of evil on Earth will also be hard and swift once the political world surprisingly turns on the corrupted religious world.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
That may true to common humans. As far as I am aware death hates the rest of hell, but loves God making him a worthy advesary.
I wonder to which hell you are referring ____________ the Bible's hell or the religious-myth hell just taught as being Scripture _______________________
There is a BIG difference:
* Religious-myth hell has people alive burning forever.
* Biblical hell is simply mankind's temporary stone-cold grave for the unconscious dead.
( John 11:11-14; Psalms 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5 )
Biblical hell comes to a final end ' after ' everyone in hell is ' delivered up ' ( meaning resurrected out of the grave )
Then, emptied-out hell is cast vacant into that symbolic ' second death ' for vacated biblical hell.
- Revelation 20:13-14.
Through Christ's coming 1,000-year reign over Earth even ' enemy death ' will be No more - 1 Corinthians 15:26
No more death = No cemeteries, No tombstones, No graves.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Death is something that is inevitable.................

Yes, now inevitable because we all die due to inherited adamic Sin passed down to us from father Adam.
That death would be permanent if Not for God sending sinless Jesus to Earth for us.
Jesus' death stood in place for us as a ransom price paid to release us from sin and death.
Adam put us in the Pawn Shop of Death, someone from the outside was needed to release us.
That someone would have to be sinless as Adam was before his downfall.
Since none of us can resurrect oneself or another is why we need someone who can resurrect us.
Because of Jesus sinless and faithful death is why Jesus is the one who can and will resurrect us - Revelation 1:18.
This means inevitable death will one day come to a final end.
The end of death begins with Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rule over Earth.
This is why we are all invited to pray the invitation of Rev. 22:20 for Jesus to come !
Come and bring an end to 'enemy death', and resurrect the dead for us - 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8