• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Death Evil?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Death can be a messenger of joy.
Promises, promises and promises; not just Jesus, but every one else. However the Islamic promises are the best. 72 houris of clear eyes, both male and female, to serve you; and an unlimited supply of booze. I would not know what to do with 72 houris. Tony, does the Bahai Allah offers that? You believe in the Holy Quran.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Part of life. Neither evil nor good. You are eternal.

"avināśi tu tad viddhi, yena sarvam idaṁ tatam;
vināśam avyayasyāsya, na kaścit kartum arhati."
BhagawadGota 2.17

That which pervades the entire body, know that to be indestructible. No one is able to destroy that imperishable.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Promises, promises and promises; not just Jesus, but every one else. However the Islamic promises are the best. 72 houris of clear eyes, both male and female, to serve you; and an unlimited supply of booze. I would not know what to do with 72 houris. Tony, does the Bahai Allah offers that? You believe in the Holy Quran.

I see it is your choice, since you brought it up, as to whether that is true or not.

I can offer it is not.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

BhagawadGota 2.17

That which pervades the entire body, know that to be indestructible. No one is able to destroy that imperishable.

Now one can can consider if it is Spirit that is eternal, I see flesh disintegrates and disperses and all that forms flesh also is subject to decay.

Regards Tony

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
It is neither any 'spirit' nor any flesh. It is 'physical energy' which takes all forms. Get some science education.
"Sarvam khalvidam Brahma" (All things here are Brahman).

syo

I find the ' Righteous Judge ' is Not by human standards, but by Biblical standards.
Outside the Biblical standard, right and wrong are matters of comparison.
The human judges as mentioned at Psalm 82 were to judge by using God's standards of right or wrong.
For example: murder is wrong.
So, for the sake of justice then the deliberate murderer was to give life for life ( equal justice ).
Yes, if a person reaches the point of murdering someone that is an UGLY reality today.
This is why for the sake of justice ( equal justice ) the deliberate UGLY murderer would be executed.
Execution for the sake of the righteous is Not murder but justice.
Thus, the UGLY murderer would Not murder again.
And now we have got an endless chain of murders... Bravo.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
And now we have got an endless chain of murders... Bravo.
No, now we'll have an endless chain of 'non-murderers'.
Pick up the morning news and see man's endless chain of growing murders.
Pick up the Bible's good news and see the coming end to murders.
For just as God promised father Abraham that ALL families and ALL nations of Earth will be blessed.
Blessed with the benefit of healing for earth's nations is coming.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
BhagawadGota 2.17

Many people think they are Not mortal, but to me that does Not prove they are immortal.
I find what pervades the entire body is formed from the dust of the ground.
So, at death the entire person 'returns ' back to the dust of the earth.
From non-existence (No previous life) to life, and returns back to non-life (dust)

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Jesus said this life was given to be born again.
Death can be a messenger of joy.
Regards Tony

I find Jesus spoke of 'resurrection' back to either physical life on Earth, or some to heavenly life.
So, it is Not death that can be a messenger of joy but resurrection is.
Death is an ' enemy ' according to 1 Corinthians 15:26

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
There is no such thing as cosmic evil or good. At best, those are emotional descriptors to describe how we feel about something. Death is just part of the cycles of existence. The idea that it's a curse is absurd.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
From non-existence (No previous life) to life, and returns back to non-life (dust)
No previous life is not non-existence. We were what you term as, 'dust' or 'star-dust'. After death, we return to 'dust'. Even while we live, we are, so to say, 'dust' only. Hindus term this 'dust' or 'star-dust' as Brahman. Uddalaka Aruni (Chandogya Upanishad) while instructing his son, Satyaketu, on the mystery of life, said:

"Yathā Soumya, ekena mritpindena sarvam mrinmayam vijnātam syāt,
vāchārambhena vikāro nāmadheyam mritiketyeva satyam.
"

(My son, just as by one clod of clay all that is made of clay is known,
the difference being only the name arising from distortions of speech, the clay is the sole truth)