• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Death Evil?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Yes, I agree ' the physical realm ' because according to the Bible physical Adam died in the physical realm.
Mortal Adam's body died and that body included ALL of Adam.
All of Adam was fashioned from the dust of the ground. (No pre-human existence for Adam)
Dead Adam simply 'returned ' to the dust of the ground as per Genesis 3:19
A person can Not ' return ' to a place he never was before.
Thus, Adam went from non-existence, to existence, and returned back to non-existence.
There was No post-mortem penalty or reward for Adam. No double jeopardy just going back to the dust.

If there was a part of us that lived on there would be No need for a resurrection.
You do realize nothing can pop out of existence. It's impossible.

questfortruth

Oh? What platform might that be?
Please quote the Biblical Scripture that states that non-human animals are "Biological Artificial Intellegence: bio-robot(s)."
There are two basic platforms: Existent God and non-existent idol. No more basic platforms possible. I chose the productive one. But others have chosen to go through methodological naturalism, which has led them to absolute solipsism: ``the universe should not exist'' (says Dr. Michio Kaku, YouTube).''

"And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him." Genesis 2:20.

Normally actions are evil if the results or consequences are not conform to common moral standards. But to be dead doesn‘t violate against these standards.

E.g normally it will be evil to kill someone. But if the person is defined as bad person, then to kill this person is not labeled as evil. Sometimes if the evil action is concord to religious orders (for example, Arjuna in the Bhagavad-gita in the Eastern religion, or the crusades in the Western religion), then it is not defined as evil.

Etritonakin

Everybody dies. Death is as much a part of biological existence as is birth.

Is death evil? If you believe it is, why?
The assumption is that every "body" is bio-logical in the way we understand.

It is evil because -inasmuch as life is as it should be for those able to consider it so -it is not optimal or desired.

It is evil because we miss people -because we cry -because even those we consider completely evil were as they were -and we can imagine them differently.

Our death is literally bio-logical -and could be otherwise by applying logic to life otherwise.

A different applied bio-logic might not allow for death.

"Evolution" alone allows for adaptation and survival of life forms -over successive generations -without incessant micromanagement.

Eternal life would require invulnerability and adaptation of individual life forms to any environment -even by will -allowed for by understanding.

We Never Know

No Slack

Death is a result of time and/or circumstance. However there are a few species that have evolved to beat it. The jellyfish turritopsis dohrnii is one of those species.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

Death.... My favorite subject -- NOT!

The Baha'i view is that death is just like walking into the next room, no big deal, but I am scared to death of death because I do not like change... Heck, I am past the age where I could retire and I am too scared even to retire, even though I have ample financial resources....

Given a few posts I read on this thread I thought to post what I believe happens when we die, and note it is not from a Baha'i source although it represents the Baha'i view that a man is not a man because of His body but rather because of his spirit and it is the spirit that thinks in a man. This book was written by a Christian but not an orthodox one... Note the difference. :)

421. When the body is no longer able to perform the bodily functions in the natural world that correspond to the spirit’s thoughts and affections, which the spirit has from the spiritual world, man is said to die. This takes place when the respiration of the lungs and the beatings of the heart cease. But the man does not die; he is merely separated from the bodily part that was of use to him in the world, while the man himself continues to live. It is said that the man himself continues to live since man is not a man because of his body but because of his spirit, for it is the spirit that thinks in man, and thought with affection is what constitutes man. Evidently, then, the death of man is merely his passing from one world into another. And this is why in the Word in its internal sense “death” signifies resurrection and continuation of life.

Heaven and Hell, p. 351

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
There are two basic platforms: Existent God and non-existent idol. No more basic platforms possible. I chose the productive one. But others have chosen to go through methodological naturalism, which has led them to absolute solipsism: ``the universe should not exist'' (says Dr. Michio Kaku, YouTube).''

"And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him." Genesis 2:20.

You didn't answer my question.

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist

No. But it is something to be feared. Because to do otherwise is to distance yourself from sentiment, which is evil.

1. Death is there to teach us the value of life. If all of us were immortal, yet knowing Good and Evil, what would life be like? It would suck, because at worst we would constantly be using and abusing each other, and at best simply taking each other for granted. Suppose sickness and other suffering exists, but not death. Taking care of a sick mother forever, for example, would become wearisome. On the other hand, believing that she will one day die, you treasure your time with her.
2. In the physical world things decay and break. In the world of the computer, things usually don't break so they have to be erased. We have a limit to how much stuff can occupy an area without becoming clutter, and new things either have to stop being made (in which case things are filled with a sort of oppressive sameness) or must rot or break. One of the reasons that I personally disapprove of medicine is that it turns life into this deal where people become a sort of clutter, so we start not to value new life because old life goes on and on, so we don't get a chance to see life without the elderly.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Tell me about yourself. I argue, that there are two options only: Theism or Atheism.

I'm not an atheist, so your assertion that we are operating on two different platforms is null.

Which brings us right back to post #10.

syo

an execution for justice for the sake of the righteous is Not murder.
So... The righteous kill people... Who's the judge??? The righteous? So... the righteous judge who is evil and they kill them... We must protect ourselves from the righteous then...

nPeace

Veteran Member

I would not describe death as evil. More like an enemy.
Why? Because it is something that harms, and is opposite to what we apparently were made to enjoy... and the Bible refers to it as an enemy.
Some call it evil, because it is opposite of what is viewed as good.
Some call it good, because it relieves them of pain they suffer.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
So... The righteous kill people... Who's the judge??? The righteous? So... the righteous judge who is evil and they kill them... We must protect ourselves from the righteous then...
I find the ' Righteous Judge ' is Not by human standards, but by Biblical standards.
Outside the Biblical standard, right and wrong are matters of comparison.
The human judges as mentioned at Psalm 82 were to judge by using God's standards of right or wrong.
For example: murder is wrong.
So, for the sake of justice then the deliberate murderer was to give life for life ( equal justice ).

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
You do realize nothing can pop out of existence. It's impossible.
Adam did Not pop out of existence, but popped out (so to speak) of being fashioned from existing dust of the Earth.
Even the universe did Not come from nothing but from God's Power and Strength ( Isaiah 40:26 )
Power and Strength is Not nothing but God's abundant powerful energy that He used to create the material realm.
Dead Adam simply 'returned' back to where he started from the dust of the ground - Genesis 3:19
Are destroyed atoms considered to be out of existing _____________

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
If we got ourselves to the point of murdering someone then that state of reality is UGLY.
Yes, if a person reaches the point of murdering someone that is an UGLY reality today.
This is why for the sake of justice ( equal justice ) the deliberate UGLY murderer would be executed.
Execution for the sake of the righteous is Not murder but justice.
Thus, the UGLY murderer would Not murder again.

Koldo

Outstanding Member

Not per se I would say. But I find it intriguing that many on this topic have been using words such as nature, biology and normal as if a dichotomy between those words and 'evil' was being taken for granted.