• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Darwinism useful?

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You are seeing the surface of the situation. I am studying the bottom.
More accurately, I'm looking at the actual achievements of the modern theory of evolution, and you're trying to denigrate it with words like "Darwinism", make it go away by wishing hard.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
About me:

After a nasty fight, all three referees of a forefront journal, "Stats," have given my manuscript admiration and approval. It is now official; I can think understandably. Is it Dawn of Big Data? QuestForTruth real name. I hope, it will contribute to the technology.

A DEBATE FOLLOWS.

What is the use of Darwin's Theory of Evolution?
Citizen, who does Harry Potter think you are? Monkey. He and we were taught at school that we were born by a herd of (obviously very drunken at the moment) monkeys. So you can say to Harry Potter whatever you want. Yes, Harry Potter will "put a sick monkey to sleep" because of that, but since you are seen as a monkey, it is inconsistent for Harry to feel offended by you in any possible way. This is the usefulness of Darwin's (false, according to God of Science) Theory of Evolution.

Yes, Darwinism, and the principles of evolution at large, is very usefull.
Both in biology to explain biological processes, anatomical and genetic structures, the fossil record, etc.

Beyond biology, it's also very very useful as a search heuristic and optimization algorithm. It's used every day in many many different industries. AI also uses it a lot for search and optimization of its own processes.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
It is wrong, but very very very useful. That is the way of the fallen world.

If it were wrong, it wouldn't work.

But it does work. Extremely well.
So well that companies are willing to pay millions and millions of dollars for the development of optimization modules that use genetic algorithms to optimize their systems, production processes, product designs, etc.

You think companies would throw millions down the drain if such modules didn't a yield a proper ROI?
Maybe in Russia... there 80% of those millions would be use for the next super yacht or another italian villa.
But aside from immoral corruption and where people actually have to answer to share holders: not so much.

questfortruth

Maybe in Russia...
Speaking of it...

``And upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves
roaring. Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things
which are coming on the earth.'' Luke 21:25-26 KJV.

The Biblical parable called ``sea'' appears to become Russia because it is as
big as the sea and began to overflow its shores to overwhelm the neighboring
countries with waves of soldiers. I am no sure.

But if so, then the God is not with her
because the God is only with the final winners, for it is written: ``the first
heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.''
Revelation 21:1 KJV. And even more: ``And I stood upon the sand of the sea,
and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and
upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.''
Revelation 13:1 KJV.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Speaking of it...

``And upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves
roaring. Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things
which are coming on the earth.'' Luke 21:25-26 KJV.

The Biblical parable called ``sea'' appears to become Russia because it is as
big as the sea and began to overflow its shores to overwhelm the neighboring
countries with waves of soldiers. I am no sure.

You can read anything into that kind of vague all-purpose nonsense.