• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Darwinism useful?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Darwinism has nothing to do with science. Darwinism is a phone misrepresentation of the theory of evolution used by creationists. Their intent is to frame the acceptance of evolution as if it is some sort of dogma, hence the "ism" at the end of Darwin. Darwin is often criticized for ideas that he got wrong back in the 1860's, but that have been adjusted over the 150 years since by better instrumentation and advancing knowledge about nature. To say "Darwinism" is a derogatory label and reference by creationists. The word is not used by anyone else.

So is Darwinism useful? Only in the sense that it helps identify those Christians who are biased against science and biology specifically. It is a way creationists show their cards right before they get their butts smacked in debate.

Darwinism is an old non-scientific label that his no meaning in the sciences of evolution today. Scientists in general do not use such words. Neither do we use Einsteinism, Newtonianism nor Gallaleoism.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Not all gaps, lady?

Arguing from the illusion of ignorance is not a religious agenda and not science. ALL the major gaps in evolution have been resolved and more and more are bing discover all the time.

For example they have recent discovered vast deposits of complex Edicarian species as intermediate species between the simpler PreCambrian species and the Complex diversification of life in the Cambrian, The complex diversity of species did not suddenly appear in the Cambrian.

https://scitechdaily.com/first-anim...al-communities-before-the-cambrian-explosion/

Also the research into the evolution of DNA over time as an adaptation to changing environments and the survival of species.is an intimate part of understanding how science can work with DNA to to treat diseases and DNA abnormalities.

Please dump the nonsense trivial non-science video clips and address the science. The fiction of Harry Potter has nothing to do with science, None of your references reflect the actual science of evolution.

Last edited:

Kfox

About me:

After a nasty fight, all three referees of a forefront journal, "Stats," have given my manuscript admiration and approval. It is now official; I can think understandably. Is it Dawn of Big Data? QuestForTruth real name. I hope, it will contribute to the technology.

A DEBATE FOLLOWS.

What is the use of Darwin's Theory of Evolution?
Citizen, who does Harry Potter think you are? Monkey. He and we were taught at school that we were born by a herd of (obviously very drunken at the moment) monkeys. So you can say to Harry Potter whatever you want. Yes, Harry Potter will "put a sick monkey to sleep" because of that, but since you are seen as a monkey, it is inconsistent for Harry to feel offended by you in any possible way. This is the usefulness of Darwin's (false, according to God of Science) Theory of Evolution.

Darwinism? Charles Darwin was from the 1880’s. To refer to Darwin concerning the Theory of Evolution is like referring to Henry Ford concerning Ford cars; much has been improved and learned since then. If you wanna learn about fords, look at the modern cars. If you wanna learn about Evolution, look at what modern biologists are saying about the theory.
Now are you asking if evolution is useful? In the US modern medicine; even agriculture are based on the Theory of Evolution being true; IOW if the theory was false, modern medicine would not work. If you ask me, I would say modern medicine is useful.

questfortruth

Please dump the nonsense trivial non-science video clips

How nice. Thank you.

As as i understand it yes i am quite a lady, are you a gentleman?

It is you to tell me.

Usually before that stage i tend to ignore his threads

Please, keep ignoring them. Thank you.

Yes, ALL biological sciences are useful including the sciences of evolution. Particularly in understanding the genetics of lafe. It is only those clinging to an ancient non-science agenda that reject the sciences of evolution.

That is why I am unique. Hence, I have potential to solve major problems with an unusual approach.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
How nice. Thank you.

No coherent science to support your assertions, which are related to science.

It is you to tell me.

No it up to you to do your homework when your porvide your argument. Do not expect others to spoon feed you science when you fail to educate your self, and prode coherent scientific articles to support your assertions,

I have and will present scientific evidence, which you dodge and ignore.

That is why I am unique. Hence, I have potential to solve major problems with an unusual approach.

This uniqueness you claim is why we can use science to understand the sciences of our physical existence and of evolution as a part of all biological science to understand the history of life on earth without a religious agenda,

Ancient religious scripture lacks any knowledge of the sciences of our contemporary world.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Please tell me is there evil-good dichotomy? Believe me, this defines the situation in the world.

This thread addressed a scientific issue, which you need to respond to. The question of whether 'Good' and 'Evil' exists is a highly subjective; philosophical/theological question with many diverse conflicting beliefs of different religions and cannot be 'objectively' determined. It also depends on how you define 'Good' and 'Evil,'

Again this video does not address the subject of the thread,

Maybe another thread discussing the question of 'Good and 'Evil.'?

firedragon

Veteran Member

Ignoring all the useless rhetoric in your post, the answer to this particular question is that the Darwin's theory of evolution is a good explanation that could be used as a working methodology for many things in many fields to explain many things.

If it's proven false in the future, that's perfectly fine because at least for a some time we had a working hypothesis to bank on.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
About me:

After a nasty fight, all three referees of a forefront journal, "Stats," have given my manuscript admiration and approval. It is now official; I can think understandably. Is it Dawn of Big Data? QuestForTruth real name. I hope, it will contribute to the technology.

A DEBATE FOLLOWS.

Citizen, who does Harry Potter think you are? Monkey. He and we were taught at school that we were born by a herd of (obviously very drunken at the moment) monkeys. So you can say to Harry Potter whatever you want. Yes, Harry Potter will "put a sick monkey to sleep" because of that, but since you are seen as a monkey, it is inconsistent for Harry to feel offended by you in any possible way. This is the usefulness of Darwin's (false, according to God of Science) Theory of Evolution.

I won't answer for Darwinism, since that's nothing more than a pejorative way of trying to discredit the Theory of Evolution. Darwin himself, like every other human in the history of this species, didn't get everything right. What he did was present a fresh way of looking at the data -- the huge variety of life on this planet -- and propose a very valuable way of understanding how that diversity came about.

As to the Theory of Evolution itself (rather than Darwinism), I'll say this for it -- it's infinitely more useful than another one of your threads.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I won't answer for Darwinism, since that's nothing more than a pejorative way of trying to discredit the Theory of Evolution.

Not at all. There are some uneducated evangelical atheists who say the same thing, but educated atheists don't say ignorant things like that. So maybe you should identify who you are going to repeat.

Suave

Simulated character
About me:

A DEBATE FOLLOWS.

Evolutionary biology has predictive power utilized for making qualitative and quantitative predictions. Such predictions may relate to how rapidly and in what direction a trait (for example-body size) will change, or in determining what an optimum trait value should be (for example-, just how many eggs should an ostrich lay?

Suave

Simulated character
About me:

A DEBATE FOLLOWS.

Do you believe in the notion of intelligent design? As far as I know, nobody has ever crafted an experiment whereby ID can be used to predict outcomes. That sort of makes ID useless!

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It's useful, because it corrects a miss use of reasoning (Complex therefore designed) analogy people make. However, there is ways to prove nature and many things in it are designed from God and evolution naturalism wise is impossible.

The theory is useful, in that, a counter reasoning is needed to show design. The lazy way doesn't work.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It's useful, because it corrects a miss use of reasoning (Complex therefore designed) analogy people make. However, there is ways to prove nature and many things in it are designed from God and evolution naturalism wise is impossible.

The theory is useful, in that, a counter reasoning is needed to show design. The lazy way doesn't work.
What makes you think that evolution is impossible?

Clara Tea

About me:

A DEBATE FOLLOWS.

Theists don't care about evidence; they believe in their God without proof, because no proof exists.

Evidence Supporting Biological Evolution - Science and Creationism - NCBI Bookshelf

Please read the link above, about evolution, from the National Institutes of Health.

Evolution

Evolution in real time

(evolution sometimes makes quick leaps).

How can someone not educated in evolution, hope to refute Harvard professors who have studied for their whole lives, and have PhDs?

Evolution more complex than ‘survival of the fittest’ had us believe

Scientists don't mind being wrong, as long as they are being truthful. This Harvard website proves that Darwin's theory of Natural Selection sometimes doesn't apply.

It's scary to see denial of science, especially in the face of so much evidence. It reminds me of the torture and murder of scientists of the Dark Ages. (They tortured and murdered in a very pious way, no doubt).

Theists accept information without proof. There are those who manipulate theists to their own ends. They know that they accept whatever they are told without questioning it. Theists make perfect patsies for the evil ambitions of the Republican Party.

God said "thou shalt not kill" but President W. Bush made the war in Iraq that killed 1,000,000. Rumsfelt authorized dropping carpet bombs that left 1/2 mile craters, near towns, and people were definately killed. So, Rumsfeld lied about it, and said that they didn't kill anyone. Rumsfeld didn't want to discourage anyone from supporting W. Bush's wars. W. Bush also made the war in Afghanistan, and W. Bush tried to make a war in Niger, and tried to make a war in North Korea. He was like a war God.

Did the God-fearing Christians worry that they were killing, in direct defiancy of God's commandment? Nope, they were told not to worry about killing, so, like perfect patsies of the Republican party, they went along with defying God and mass murdering innocent people who had no ties to terrorism.

Did you notice that God said one thing and the Religious Right defied God? Yet, Christians don't bat an eye at that because they are perfect patsies for the evil abitions of the Republican party.

Attorney General (appointed by W. Bush) John Ashcroft, wrote a book "Never Again" about lending support to the evil ones who made war and lied. John Ashcroft that he would never lend his reputation to such people ever again. Ashcroft was highly religious, and apparently a good man, but will he get into heaven though he supported the regime that openly defied God?

Revelation (a chapter of the bible) warns everyone not to attack Iraq or face God's wrath. Revelation 15: seven plagues.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The theory of evolution, which begins with Darwin and Wallace in the 19th century and has developed and been refined to its preeminence in modern biology since then, explains the variety of lifeforms on earth, starting from a single cell.

How can you not know that already?
Citizen, who does Harry Potter think you are?
Harry Potter is a character from fiction, and as such he has no opinion about anything outside of his fictional role.

How can you not know that already, as well?