• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Coronavirus from the devil?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Actually, thinking about it further, we're more like trash -the smelly kind you throw in the heap. A thin outer skin, with smelly junk inside that include molds and bacteria interacting within their own microsystems.

...It's logical and popular with our secular peers to reduce ourselves to the lowest level possible. It's what's proper.
That's more like an evangelical view of humans, and there is no way in hell I can go back to it.
And, yes, we are more like computers. Our brain and DNA being our operating system and motherboard, peripherals for interpreting input, we have the peripherals for output (the old "garbage in, garbage out" saying), our method system is a bio-network of a wired connection, our organs pump on as a machines automated systems, and we have a body that requires energy, a body that is designed to be in the move.

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
I see this is why it is important to categorize humans and viruses together as both being capable of "reproduction"... It plays into a special kind of agenda. And that agenda is more important than reality.
What agenda? Viruses are not capable of independent reproduction. They must hijack living cells and get them to make new viruses for them. Under that criteria, viruses are not seen as living things. However, this is an area of controversy in science. Controversy not meaning that any conceived default idea automatically replaces a rational, evidence-based view by default.

You drifted off, and I am not sure where you dingy is headed.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Actually, thinking about it further, we're more like trash -the smelly kind you throw in the heap. A thin outer skin, with smelly junk inside that include molds and bacteria interacting within their own microsystems.

...It's logical and popular with our secular peers to reduce ourselves to the lowest level possible. It's what's proper.
The Christian view is that we are imperfect. All that smelly junk for the original disobedience of God.

I am not sure where you are going with this? Weren't you wanting it to be all the blame of Satan?

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Reminds me of when I was a Christian and saw such mentalities to obscure and confuse things in order to pad and protect their beliefs.
It is often the case when people with little technical and scientific knowledge start making claims based on what they believe is technical information.

Biological organisms described using a machine metaphor does not make us automatons, or somehow less than what we are. Which is what I think, but am not fully sure, was the hidden meaning behind agenda.

This question sounds like eluding to the archaic superstition that the Fall and the Original Sin are the source of evil in the world ending the age of innocence and no sin, evil or suffering. The death, disease and suffering in the world are due to the Fall of humanity into sin. Therefore viruses like the coronavirus are evil or the product of Demonic evil released into the world by the Fall.

On TV I heard the following quote by a women that eludes to a similar scenario.

'God did not cause the coronavirus man did.'

I concur with you that humans are the cause, but not in the unwitting sense. Rather, this virus is very well an engineered pathogen, released upon us by some place considered rogue. The means, motive and opportunity point to a select few, who surely are eating popcorn now.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I concur with you that humans are the cause, but not in the unwitting sense. Rather, this virus is very well an engineered pathogen, released upon us by some place considered rogue. The means, motive and opportunity point to a select few, who surely are eating popcorn now.

There is no evidence that it is an engineered pathogen.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
"Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, of all things visible and invisible; "

That's a quote from the church I grew up in.
It was repeated every Sunday.
Tom

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

The coronavirus is very natural part of a long history of viruses. Despite the claims of Chicken Little and the lemmings.

There is along history of the relationship between these viruses and humans. Relationship and history of coronavirus types:

Coronaviruses and Acute Respiratory Syndromes (COVID-19, MERS, and SARS) - Infectious Diseases - Merck Manuals Professional Edition

"Numerous coronaviruses, first discovered in domestic poultry in the 1930s, cause respiratory, gastrointestinal, liver, and neurologic diseases in animals. Only 7 coronaviruses are known to cause disease in humans.

common cold. Coronaviruses 229E and OC43 cause the common cold; the serotypes NL63 and HUK1 have also been associated with the common cold. Rarely, severe lower respiratory tract infections, including pneumonia, can occur, primarily in infants, older people, and the immunocompromised.

SARS-CoV2 is a novel coronavirus identified as the cause of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) that began in Wuhan, China in late 2019 and spread worldwide.

• MERS-CoV was identified in 2012 as the cause of Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS).
  • SARS-CoV was identified in 2002 as the cause of an outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS).
These coronaviruses that cause severe respiratory infections are zoonotic pathogens, which begin in infected animals and are transmitted from animals to people."

Last edited:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Why do think this is more plausible than the virus simply appeared the way other viruses have forever?
Tom

Why do think this is more plausible than the virus simply appeared the way other viruses have forever?
Tom

What's plausible to one may baffle and beriddle another. This pathogen is turbo-charged, with an infection speed and virulence unmatched even by the 1919 Spanish Flu. Even if you consider the evolutionary continuum of it, you're still left to wonder about the absolute origin. What was the event horizon?

Hellbound Serpiente

If you mean figuratively, as in --- "Hell is empty and all the devils are here", then yes, it is from the devils in China who can't have normal diet like the rest of the world, and have to be unhygienic and eat unhygienic foods despite of healthier alternatives. The rest of the devils in the world also aided and abetted the Chinese devils by not calling them out on their animal cruelty, other abuse and overall destructive practices.

If you mean literally, I'd say no. As a former Muslim, I believe devil [Satan] have no power over us. Like it is said in this verse of the Holy Qur'an:

And Satan will say when the matter has been concluded, "Indeed, Allah had promised you the promise of truth. And I promised you, but I betrayed you. But I had no authority over you except that I invited you, and you responded to me. So do not blame me; but blame yourselves. I cannot be called to your aid, nor can you be called to my aid. Indeed, I deny your association of me [with Allah ] before. Indeed, for the wrongdoers is a painful punishment." --- Surah Ibrahim [14:22] - Quran

He is a provocateur and at best just tempt you to do things which are overall destructive. Devil may have tempt the Chinese people to indulge in sick practices like unnecessary animal cruelty, and eating filthy things like bats, rats, cats, dogs and filth like that, but this pandemic is not from him. Coronavirus is from human beings. We brought this calamity upon our own selves [like most of the other calamities for which we blame God and devil for].

I initially thought you were joking, and if you are, well, maybe ...

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
What's plausible to one may baffle and beriddle another. This pathogen is turbo-charged, with an infection speed and virulence unmatched even by the 1919 Spanish Flu. Even if you consider the evolutionary continuum of it, you're still left to wonder about the absolute origin. What was the event horizon?
So you are just speculating and using dubious criteria to make your assertion. There is no evidence that it was engineered. A weaponized pathogen would have a much higher mortality than what we are seeing. Every epidemic and pandemic we have knowledge of has been different. Factors vary with the population, the country, etc. The virulence is not outside of what we have observed with other viral outbreaks. Measles spreads very easily. The difference here is that we are getting more of a play by play presentation as the virus spreads. It can make cherry picking much easier when one of the stories is unfolding in our laps.

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
The coronavirus is very natural part of a long history of viruses. Despite the claims of Chicken Little and the lemmings.

There is along history of the relationship between these viruses and humans. Relationship and history of coronavirus types:

Coronaviruses and Acute Respiratory Syndromes (COVID-19, MERS, and SARS) - Infectious Diseases - Merck Manuals Professional Edition

"Numerous coronaviruses, first discovered in domestic poultry in the 1930s, cause respiratory, gastrointestinal, liver, and neurologic diseases in animals. Only 7 coronaviruses are known to cause disease in humans.

common cold. Coronaviruses 229E and OC43 cause the common cold; the serotypes NL63 and HUK1 have also been associated with the common cold. Rarely, severe lower respiratory tract infections, including pneumonia, can occur, primarily in infants, older people, and the immunocompromised.

SARS-CoV2 is a novel coronavirus identified as the cause of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) that began in Wuhan, China in late 2019 and spread worldwide.

• MERS-CoV was identified in 2012 as the cause of Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS).
  • SARS-CoV was identified in 2002 as the cause of an outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS).
These coronaviruses that cause severe respiratory infections are zoonotic pathogens, which begin in infected animals and are transmitted from animals to people."

I for the most part agree with this. However, it is a great deal more complicated as there are also government types trying to exploit this to get more political power during an emergency. There are media types that try to sell stories by overstating dangers (see above the MERS/SARS statistics, and how they didn't receive nearly this amount of news). And there are probably revolutionary types that want communism, anarchy, dictatorship, or some other extreme form of government from the bloody stump of existing government and are actually causing some of these problems.

Newspaper people who make money from sensational news at the cost of other people getting laid off and running out of food, ought to face fines or prison sentences. Politicians who make it a crime to attend worship at a time where people desperately need to be able to talk to people (Test them first? Sanitize them first? Fine. Forbidding worship despite all attending, having no coronavirus even in a blood test? Not fine at all) ought to receive the same punishment they inflict on innocent people. And people willfully attempting to cause a revolution at the expense of human lives ought to receive this punishment.
Being forced to listen to Eddie Redmayne's lackluster performance, of course. Not having all of their fellow revolutionaries die, I'm not a monster!

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Yes, there are those and governments that try exploit disasters, and mismanage them claiming innocence at the expense of the victims.

In the past particularly hurricanes people have made false, claims, and insurance companies and government have failed to deliver to the needs to the victims.

Cooky

Veteran Member
The Christian view is that we are imperfect. All that smelly junk for the original disobedience of God.

I am not sure where you are going with this? Weren't you wanting it to be all the blame of Satan?

Blame Satan? Not really. I was just drawing parallels for fun, being that's what were supposed to do here on this religious forum... I'm just playing the role of what I figured was expected of me.

In fact, from now on, I'll post my religious topics on another forum that is for Catholics only, and skip the abuse here. All the better for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cooky

Veteran Member
Reminds me of when I was a Christian and saw such mentalities to obscure and confuse things in order to pad and protect their beliefs.

I really doubt you can analyze me.

...Just know that if you think my posts remind you of when you were a Christian, and you're much younger than me, then you're way off track. You're not ahead of me in any way, shape or form. Just know that.

Cooky

Veteran Member
It is often the case when people with little technical and scientific knowledge start making claims based on what they believe is technical information.

Biological organisms described using a machine metaphor does not make us automatons, or somehow less than what we are. Which is what I think, but am not fully sure, was the hidden meaning behind agenda.

I think you only like that metaphor because Stephen Hawking said it. Stephen Hawking was not at the level of genius that his fans raised him to.

Cooky

Veteran Member
From now on, I will never discuss religion on this forum again. It is officially finished... Because it's just begging for abuse to bring anything religious up... And that's fine with me. :)

...Have your atheism. I'm cool with it.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I really doubt you can analyze me.

...Just know that if you think my posts remind you of when you were a Christian, and you're much younger than me, then you're way off track. You're not ahead of me in any way, shape or form. Just know that.

His response was a little extreme, but regardless of the age difference I will side with @Shadow Wolf, even though I disagree with him on the existence of God.