• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Christmas Christian or "Satanic"?

Scott C.

Just one guy
I remember my aunt saying that Christmas helps the economy, and I find helps the Jewish business men.
Interesting to me that Jewish merchants were selling religious images especially since Christians are supposed to be walking by faith and Not by sight (sighted images) as per 2 Corinthians 5:7.

I too think of Christmas as a non-biblical tradition and clearly a later tradition, but since Jesus' forewarns that worship is in vain by following men's traditions as mentioned at Matthew 15:9 then what has been re-named as Christmas by men falls into that category.

Seems as if Jesus meant that God smiles on his children when we remember His Son in a special way at the time of the year when Jesus gave the instructions at Luke 22:19 as to how and when to remember him.

We follow Luke 22:19 in our sacrament meetings on Sunday. That is an example of a scriptural admonition to remember Jesus in a specific way. I would be remiss if I stopped doing that. But I see nothing in the Bible that discourages one from celebrating the birth of Jesus on December 25 every year. Again, I do believe that the "spirit of Christmas" is evidence of divine favor on the tradition (to the extent that the tradition is celbrated in a Christ like manner).

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
...... But I see nothing in the Bible that discourages one from celebrating the birth of Jesus on December 25 every year. Again, I do believe that the "spirit of Christmas" is evidence of divine favor on the tradition (to the extent that the tradition is celebrated in a Christ like manner).

Since it is a lie that Jesus was born December 25th then how does keeping what is Not true evidence of divine favor.
And we do know who is the father (life giver) to the lie according to Jesus at John 8:44.
I do wonder what is in a Christ-like manner about gift exchanging (which is Not gift 'giving' but a social exchanging).
History teaches that Jesus nor his followers kept or celebrated birthdays, and even as Ecclesiastes 7:1 teaches the day of death is better than the day of one's birth.
As we know none of us have a choice about being born. However, we do have choices about education, work, marriage, family, worship, etc. but we have No choice about our birth.
To set aside such a day to make a person (Not God) the center of attention simply serves the creation.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
We follow Luke 22:19 in our sacrament meetings on Sunday. That is an example of a scriptural admonition to remember Jesus in a specific way.............

When I was speaking about Luke 22:19 I was thinking of it in the context of the Hebrew calendar date of Nisan 14.
That day (Nisan 14) only happens once a year. Jesus' Nisan 14th death is in connection to the old Jewish Passover which only occurs once a year. The world commonly calls it as Good Friday. That original Good Friday can't possibly fall each year on a Friday or a Sunday, just as a wedding anniversary does Not always fall on the same day of the week. To me Luke 22:19-20 is a specific way commemoration of the annual anniversary date of the first Good Friday even though it does Not always occur on a Friday.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Neither. It's consumerist.

'Should you kill yourself or have a cup of coffee' , definitely have that wonderful cup of coffee.
I am wondering if you have a favorite coffee shop.
Also, if you come through the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14 then you could have wonderful cups of coffee forever and ever right here on Earth, an Earth transformed into a beautiful paradisical Earth under Christ's coming 1,000-year reign over Earth, and there will be nothing satanic on Earth, but there will be coffee.
Good health to you.

Scott C.

Just one guy
Since it is a lie that Jesus was born December 25th then how does keeping what is Not true evidence of divine favor.
And we do know who is the father (life giver) to the lie according to Jesus at John 8:44.
I do wonder what is in a Christ-like manner about gift exchanging (which is Not gift 'giving' but a social exchanging).
History teaches that Jesus nor his followers kept or celebrated birthdays, and even as Ecclesiastes 7:1 teaches the day of death is better than the day of one's birth.
As we know none of us have a choice about being born. However, we do have choices about education, work, marriage, family, worship, etc. but we have No choice about our birth.
To set aside such a day to make a person (Not God) the center of attention simply serves the creation.

Suppose I started a family tradition to go to the mountains with my family on the first Monday of every month. While there, we read the Bible and pray. This goes on for several months and other traditions start, such as we eat Mom's homemade chili. After a while, it just doesn't seem the same without the chili. We also get in the habit of ending the evening with a family game of hide and seek. We never mistake the chili, or the first Monday, or the hide and seek as being of divine origin. We just do it because it's fun and it becomes tradition. We always remember to study the Bible and pray, while there, which is the reason we started going in the first place. That would be a healthy and wholesome God centered family tradition. It would be good and pleasing to God. I realize this is not the same as Christmas, but you get the idea.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I want to apologize for not making myself more clear.
Christians were Not the first...... but the ' so-called ' Christians ( Christian in name by Not by Scripture ) were.
There is No Christmas celebration in the Scriptures.
Luke 2:8-19 is about the birth (Not birthday celebration ) of Jesus was Not born in December.
I notice in those verses there is No mention of the giving of gifts ( No gift exchanging either ).
There is No mention about the un-numbered magi ( astrologers, sometimes un-biblically called kings )
The reason there is No mention about the magi being at the manger is because they were never at the manger.
The *star* led them to Jesus' enemy in 'Jerusalem' ( Jesus was born in Bethlehem ).
By the time the magi found the child (Not baby) Jesus he was in a house (Not manger ) as per Matthew Chap. 2.

Your interpretation is noted and i guess ignored by the vast majority of Christians. Yes luke 2:8-19 is about the birth and its celebration.

ChristineM

Premium Member
To me, reading Luke 22:19 is Not a judgement, but just to follow what Jesus instructed us to do.
To me, Jesus already made the judgement call as to how he wants to be remembered.

Again your interpretation is noted, you are still judging no matter how you excuse it to yourself

ChristineM

Premium Member
The Bible's internal harmony I find can be checked as to accuracy or harmony in translation.
No original, but we can consult both the Hebrew and Greek via interlinear translations into English.
True, Scripture is translated in more languages than any other book. ( paraphrase is Not a translation )
A comprehensive concordance puts the Bible in alphabetical order by subject or topic.
Thus, we can check all the cross-reference corresponding verses and passages and see the internal harmony.
For example: Jesus was referring to Psalms 37:9-11 when he said the meek will inherit the Earth at Matthew 5:5.
The apocryphal books simply exclude themselves being out of harmony with the Bible's '66' books.
Plus, those following ' church customs ' or 'church traditions ' which are Not found in Scripture does Not make Scripture as changed, but rather just makes those wrong church teachings as Not found in Scripture.

You can check NT only against bibles printed after the original. The OT is known to be selective extracts from hebrew scripture. How does anyone know what was selected for the original?

Once again, not bothered with church customs, each to tjeir own. The topic is the multiple cloned bible.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
You can check NT only against bibles printed after the original. The OT is known to be selective extracts from hebrew scripture. How does anyone know what was selected for the original?
Once again, not bothered with church customs, each to tjeir own. The topic is the multiple cloned bible.

...and I find the Christian Scriptures are in harmony with the old Hebrew Scriptures.
ALL ' 66 ' Bible books correspondingly reference with each other.
Jesus stressed about God's kingdom government of Daniel 2:44 at Luke 4:43.
Jesus stressed we should tell earth wide about God's kingdom government at Matthew 24:14; Acts of the Apostles 1:8.
That telling is done world wide on an international global scale today as never before in history.
As it was written to be, so it now is.

ChristineM

Premium Member
...and I find the Christian Scriptures are in harmony with the old Hebrew Scriptures.
ALL ' 66 ' Bible books correspondingly reference with each other.
Jesus stressed about God's kingdom government of Daniel 2:44 at Luke 4:43.
Jesus stressed we should tell earth wide about God's kingdom government at Matthew 24:14; Acts of the Apostles 1:8.
That telling is done world wide on an international global scale today as never before in history.
As it was written to be, so it now is.

So where in the Hebrew Scriptures does it say jesus is Messiah?

Where does it say in Christian scriptures that the father of jesus was a roman soldier?

And what about the people who don't want telling? Those who think being interrupted at family Sunday lunch is objectionable. Those who, for various reasons think your idea of faith and god is anathema.

What does the bible say about respecting others?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
So where in the Hebrew Scriptures does it say jesus is Messiah?
Where does it say in Christian scriptures that the father of jesus was a roman soldier?
And what about the people who don't want telling? Those who think being interrupted at family Sunday lunch is objectionable. Those who, for various reasons think your idea of faith and god is anathema.
What does the bible say about respecting others?

It is true that Jesus is Not named as Messiah in the old Hebrew Scriptures.
The first century people were in ' expectation ' according to Luke 3:15 of Messiah coming, and the reason for that is because of Daniel's 70 weeks of years pointed to that first century time frame.

No where does it say the father of Jesus was a Roman soldier because his father Joseph was a Carpenter.

People who don't want telling about what.
I have never been interrupted at family Sunday lunch. I do eat Sunday lunch around noon.
(on second thought, perhaps the phone might have rung, (?) )
I do remember once being interrupted in the morning, but once the interruption was over I went back to what I was doing. Kind of like if one was working in one's garden and someone came along and interrupted. That person would Not say because I was interrupted I would Not go back to the garden, No rather once the interruption was over one would just go back to the garden. Now, if the interruption was on-going at the same time it would be easy for me to set up another time for a person to come, or just to say no reason to come back.

Jesus gave us a NEW commandment, which would include respecting others, because at John 13:34-35 we are to have the same self-sacrificing love for others as Jesus has.

I suppose if I saw smoke coming out of someone's house (Sunday lunchtime or not) I would be more than willing to interrupt them because to me that is urgent, very important to their welfare and life.

ChristineM

Premium Member
It is true that Jesus is Not named as Messiah in the old Hebrew Scriptures.
The first century people were in ' expectation ' according to Luke 3:15 of Messiah coming, and the reason for that is because of Daniel's 70 weeks of years pointed to that first century time frame.

No where does it say the father of Jesus was a Roman soldier because his father Joseph was a Carpenter.

People who don't want telling about what.
I have never been interrupted at family Sunday lunch. I do eat Sunday lunch around noon.
(on second thought, perhaps the phone might have rung, (?) )
I do remember once being interrupted in the morning, but once the interruption was over I went back to what I was doing. Kind of like if one was working in one's garden and someone came along and interrupted. That person would Not say because I was interrupted I would Not go back to the garden, No rather once the interruption was over one would just go back to the garden. Now, if the interruption was on-going at the same time it would be easy for me to set up another time for a person to come, or just to say no reason to come back.

Jesus gave us a NEW commandment, which would include respecting others, because at John 13:34-35 we are to have the same self-sacrificing love for others as Jesus has.

I suppose if I saw smoke coming out of someone's house (Sunday lunchtime or not) I would be more than willing to interrupt them because to me that is urgent, very important to their welfare and life.

Yes true, he was specifically excluded on several counts.

Ahh apologetics, right. No the reason was that jesus didn't meet the requirements

A common appellation for Jesus in the Talmud was Yeshu'a ben Panthera, an allusion to the widespread Jewish belief during the earliest centuries of the Christian era that Jesus was the result of an illegitimate union between his mother and a Roman soldier named Tiberius Julius Abdes Panthera.

Makes more sense than his mother being impregnated by angels.

You are lucky. There s at least one thread on here dedicated the bothersome JW and their habit of disturbing family life. And your straw man rambling irrelevant n an attempt to divert the facts don't make any difference?

So respect others.

And more straw man. Or perhaps you believe preaching bronze age mythology very important to welfare and life