• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Christmas Christian or "Satanic"?

Jumi

The connection to Christmas?

No one can be sure. Seems to have gradually evolved sometime in the 3rd C.
Earlier you said the date of Christmas predated the pagan tradition from "3rd C" because of this text. It doesn't seem like there's actually evidence for that.

A Vestigial Mote

Please present counter arguments and I will refute them.
I present that it doesn't matter what anyone celebrates on any day of the year. Which is evidence that Christmas is whatever anyone wants to say Christmas is, and Pagan/Satanic/Whatsit Holiday is whatever anyone wants to say that Pagan/Satanic/Whatsit Holiday is. "Stealing" a day isn't a thing - at least not a thing that makes any difference whatsoever... oh... except to those who are extremely insecure about the meaning of their precious "days," or the "meaning" of their religion or general meaning of their culture.

It's like taking offense when someone else has a birthday on the same day as you. Think about this... would you take offense if someone whose birthday verifiably wasn't the same as yours decided instead to celebrate their birthday on the same day as you? Why the hell would anyone care?

Earlier you said the date of Christmas predated the pagan tradition from "3rd C" because of this text. It doesn't seem like there's actually evidence for that.

Sorry, meant Easter and the dating of Jesus' crucifixion to 25 March predates this which was the start point for the additional traditions but, looking back, I expressed it very unclearly.

The 25 Dec dating of the Sol Invictus festival to the 3rd C is also quite tentative, it could have been as late as mid 4th C

I am sure that a majority of us recognize the pagan origins of Christmas. But very few if anybody understands the possibly "Satanic" nature of the holiday today. I am here to present the argument that Christmas is Satanic by the Christian definition of Satanic.

The Holiday was originally spent worshiping a specific deity known mainly by two names. The "Horned God" or the "Sun God". The celebration was set on the Summer Solstice when this Horned God was thought to have brought longer and warmer days. This was basically celebrating a God for bringing summer.

However. When the followers of the Judaistic religions came in they took the image of the Horned God and declared it as Satan. This God of the Sun became the very first visual representation of Satan, Goat head/horns, human chest, the goat legs.

Christians and other Judaistic religions stole the holiday worshiping this god after declaring this god as Satan. You are worshiping Satan by celebrating Christmas.

Please present counter arguments and I will refute them.
ROFL

^refute that

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Nothing sinister about pre Christian solstice ritual's.

I recall history saying those people saw a need for more light at this dark time of year, thus developed decorating or the use of lights to brighten the nights.

Such a festival was never meant to be taken over by those so-called Christians and to add Christian names or labels to their festival.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Can anyone explain the desperate need so many people have to try to find something sinister about popular fun?

If Christmas was poking yourself up and down with needles who would celebrate it. Of course it's fun.
What I find is wrong is that 'so-called Christians' added Christian names or labels to that existing non-biblical festival.
Jesus, nor his apostles, never authorized such a thing. That happened long after the Bible was completed.

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Christmas is Christian because it celebrates the birth of Jesus Christ and brings light, joy, goodwill, and peace. Satan brings none of those.

Or, I find it is Jewish business men promoting the buying of merchandise and the spending of money.

How did Jesus' apostles celebrate Christmas, since they did Not, why should we.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Interestingly, Christmas carries the same name, Yule, as the pagan festival the Scandinavians had before Christianity.

Of course I find Christmas carries the same name Yule because the label or name Christmas replaced Yule, Saturnalia, etc. So-called Christmas is the same old non-biblical festival it always was just re-named Christmas.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I recall history saying those people saw a need for more light at this dark time of year, thus developed decorating or the use of lights to brighten the nights.

Such a festival was never meant to be taken over by those so-called Christians and to add Christian names or labels to their festival.

The decorating tended to be evergreen tree branches and red berries. Im not sure light came on to it but you could be right.

Christians hijacked the winter solstice so they could say "join our club, we have great parties at mid winter"

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The decorating tended to be evergreen tree branches and red berries. Im not sure light came on to it but you could be right.
Christians hijacked the winter solstice so they could say "join our club, we have great parties at mid winter"

I recall the Nimrod campers had three evergreen trees as their logo.
History teaches that Nimrod's symbol was the evergreen tree in symbol of everlasting life.

If I remember, the light was from the placing of candles on the branches, and even light from festive bonfires.
I think, even with holiday dress we find candles lit in a Scandinavian country.

Might sound nit-picky but it was the 'so-called Christians' who hijacked......
Jesus nor his apostles celebrated the solstice.
As a matter of Scripture, the only thing Jesus said to remember was his date day of his Spring death.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I recall the Nimrod campers had three evergreen trees as their logo.
History teaches that Nimrod's symbol was the evergreen tree in symbol of everlasting life.

If I remember, the light was from the placing of candles on the branches, and even light from festive bonfires.
I think, even with holiday dress we find candles lit in a Scandinavian country.

Might sound nit-picky but it was the 'so-called Christians' who hijacked......
Jesus nor his apostles celebrated the solstice.
As a matter of Scripture, the only thing Jesus said to remember was his date day of his Spring death.

Pagens decorated evergreens and lit fires for light. Christians brought the trees into their home. As far as i can ascertain the light (in the form of candles) was first placed on a tree in the mid 17th century. Although it is said Martin Luther illuminated his tree with candles a century before but there is no documented evidence.

All branches of the christian faith do stuff not in the Bible. Either only 1 can be right or they are all wrong.

I see nothing wrong with celebrating the shortest day and outlook of longer/more productive days to come. Even if they have to hide behind the mumbo jumbo of their own faith to do it.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
All branches of the christian faith do stuff not in the Bible. Either only 1 can be right or they are all wrong.
I am wondering how you decided that 'all' branches....... do stuff not in the Bible.
I believe what I do is based on the Bible and Not on church traditions.
Scripture says there is One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism at Ephesians 4:5
So, why else should a person belong to a faith unless they thought it was the right one.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Pagans decorated evergreens and lit fires for light. Christians brought the trees into their home.............

Not to sound nit picky, but it was the later 'so-called Christians' who brought trees into their homes.
Christians in Scripture never celebrated the solstice, etc. but only Luke 22:19 the day of Jesus' death.

Scott C.

Just one guy
Or, I find it is Jewish business men promoting the buying of merchandise and the spending of money.

How did Jesus' apostles celebrate Christmas, since they did Not, why should we.

Here's how I see Christmas. There's nothing in the Bible that says we're supposed to follow this tradition. It's not like the Sabbath, for example, which God decreed as a holy day to remember him. It's clealy a tradition that came into being long after the birth of Jesus Christ. I fully accept that it was influenced by other non-Christian traditions. But I believe that the spirit of Christ permeates the season and the holiday. I sense that God smiles on his children when we remember his Son in a special way at this time of year. I can feel his Spirit present in the holiday. It encourages love and helping others. The fact that it helps businesses or has turned into something quite commercial, does not take away it's meaning from me.