• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Christianity the easiest religion?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
"Christianity is easier to follow than Islam or Judaism"

To what extent is this true?

I mean the Jews have over 600 commandments and the Moslems have to ritually pray five times a day and fast during Ramadan

There are also no dietary rules and no need for men to be circumcised

I am not asking if it is easy:

I am asking if it is the easiest religion to follow, out of those with whom it is usually lumped together with

I'd be interested to hear from people who are knowledgeable about religions such as Hinduism and Buddhism - do you think Christianity is easier than those religions?

I actually do consider Christianity easier than Hinduism. Even if my saying so leads to another 20 posts of debating about my candid opinion.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

I mean the Jews have over 600 commandments and the Moslems have to ritually pray five times a day and fast during Ramadan

I am asking if it is the easiest religion to follow, out of those with whom it is usually lumped together with

I'd be interested to hear from people who are knowledgeable about religions such as Hinduism and Buddhism - do you think Christianity is easier than those religions?
It depends on the version of Christianity. Some Christians say that Jesus forgives all your sins past present and future, and that you are saved by your faith alone, that your obedience is irrelevant. That's reeeeeeeeally easy. But other Christians say that mortal sins will destroy your relationship with God and send you to hell, and they have very well developed systems of ethics. Not so easy there.

Mark Charles Compton

Pineal Peruser

From my experience with Seventh Day Adventism:

Members must be baptized to be saved.
There is an emphasis on keeping the Sabbath holy, which they practice on Saturday refuting Constantine's move to Sunday in 321 A.D.
They hold Communion once every three months which is welcome for any follower of Christ to join them.
There is an import placed on health and maintaining exercise as the body is your temple to the Lord.
They eat a primarily plant-based diet and can only eat the flesh of animals that 'chew their cud and have cloven hooves'. No pork. No shellfish.

Pretty easy, if you ask me.

Mark Charles Compton

Pineal Peruser
That's it.
Yet it is still practiced by Christianity, and the general population as a whole, in the USA.

"They attacked me, pa! I was just a babe, pa! Dint bother askin' if I even wanted it done!" :fearscream:

They tell me it's because I could have gotten an infection had I not maintained cleanliness, to which I say 'But, you trust me to wash the hand you just shook, right?' :unamused:

Is Christianity the easiest religion?

But was (Jesus) Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah ever a " Christian" and or he could ever be as such, one gets to know, please?...

Originally a Christian meant a disciple of Jesus. Obviously Jesus is not his own disciple. :)

....The disciples were first called Christians in Antioch.
Acts 11:26

And in Biblical point of view Christians are actually Jews:

If therefore the uncircumcised keep the ordinances of the law, won’t his uncircumcision be accounted as circumcision? Won’t the uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfills the law, judge you, who with the letter and circumcision are a transgressor of the law? For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, neither is that circumcision which is outward in the flesh; but he is a Jew who is one inwardly, and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit not in the letter; whose praise is not from men, but from God.
Romans 2:26-29

But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them, and became partaker with them of the root and of the richness of the olive tree; don’t boast over the branches. But if you boast, it is not you who support the root, but the root supports you. You will say then, “Branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.” True; by their unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by your faith. Don’t be conceited, but fear; for if God didn’t spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you.
Romans 11:17-21

Obeying God is not heavy if person loves God.

For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. His commandments are not grievous.
1 John 5:3

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady

Judaism has lots of rules, Islam has daily prayers, and fasting one month a year. Christianity, depending on the denomination, requires baptism and not much else.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Judaism has lots of rules, Islam has daily prayers, and fasting one month a year. Christianity, depending on the denomination, requires baptism and not much else.
I would strongly disagree on Christianity.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Originally a Christian meant a disciple of Jesus. Obviously Jesus is not his own disciple. :)

....The disciples were first called Christians in Antioch.
Acts 11:26

And in Biblical point of view Christians are actually Jews:

If therefore the uncircumcised keep the ordinances of the law, won’t his uncircumcision be accounted as circumcision? Won’t the uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfills the law, judge you, who with the letter and circumcision are a transgressor of the law? For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, neither is that circumcision which is outward in the flesh; but he is a Jew who is one inwardly, and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit not in the letter; whose praise is not from men, but from God.
Romans 2:26-29

But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them, and became partaker with them of the root and of the richness of the olive tree; don’t boast over the branches. But if you boast, it is not you who support the root, but the root supports you. You will say then, “Branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.” True; by their unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by your faith. Don’t be conceited, but fear; for if God didn’t spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you.
Romans 11:17-21

Obeying God is not heavy if person loves God.

For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. His commandments are not grievous.
1 John 5:3
" Christian meant a disciple of Jesus "

And the source of one's argument of the above, please?
Must be certainly incorrect, as reasons doesn't support it , please, right?

"Christ, Christian, Jesus" are not words of Aramaic, so one's argument is flawed, Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah spoke Aramaic, please. Right?

Regards

Last edited:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member

I think it depends on the denomination.

I grew up attending a Presbyterian church. I don't even think baptism was required... just "I accept Jesus Christ as my lord and savior" and BOOM! You were good to go.

Not that one was encouraged to forget Biblical teachings... it was just the 'magic words' were where it was at.

Elihoenai

Only a Few hundred/thousand Elect in Christianity, Islam and Judaism take their Religion Seriously. The 4.1 Billion Christians, Muslims and Judaizers are on the Easy Left-Hand Path that ensures No Transformation. These Easy Path Followers are content with Life in the Flesh.

Elohim/God has given the Few Most Totally Committed/Devoted in Christianity, Islam and Judaism Dominion/Rule over the Easy Path Followers.

Elihoenai

It was obviously impossible for me to follow.
1 Peter 5:8

8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

How could taking the Sacraments of Water Baptism and Communion, Confession to a Priest/Pastor and Weekly Church Attendance be impossible to follow?

If that is your profile picture than it's certainly more difficult for an attractive person to be a Real Christian. That's because the Devil/Satan desires to Devour Beauty. The Devil/Satan works Devotedly 24/7 trying to get me to do Evil and this has been ongoing for years. I'm living in a Marquis de Sade Stronghold area where all types of Perversions are being Practiced.

I have taken a look at your profile and from it appears that you are a Satan/Devil Worshipper. Are you an Inverted Cross Practitioner? Inverted Cross Practitioners are among the Few Elect called out from 7.8 Billion in a Halfway House.

Fury Ending Credits

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady

I was Baptist for most of my Christian life, but I have belonged to many denominations. After the "sinner's prayer," I got Baptized, and nothing else was mandatory, but of course I was in church whenever the doors were open. I never had to pray in front of anyone, but one church said members couldn't drink alcohol. (So not biblical). Other protestant denominations are probably similar. Catholic and Latter Day Saints have more requirements.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I was Baptist for most of my Christian life, but I have belonged to many denominations. After the "sinner's prayer," I got Baptized, and nothing else was mandatory, but of course I was in church whenever the doors were open. I never had to pray in front of anyone, but one church said members couldn't drink alcohol. (So not biblical). Other protestant denominations are probably similar. Catholic and Latter Day Saints have more requirements.
Catholic and Orthodox have many more requirements, even just for baptism. I think experience within the Protestant Church is a thing unto itself and we cannot speak of Christianity without understanding this. Catholics and Orthodox simply cannot relate to those churches.

Last edited:

Viker

Häxan
1 Peter 5:8

8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

How could taking the Sacraments of Water Baptism and Communion, Confession to a Priest/Pastor and Weekly Church Attendance be impossible to follow?

If that is your profile picture than it's certainly more difficult for an attractive person to be a Real Christian. That's because the Devil/Satan desires to Devour Beauty. The Devil/Satan works Devotedly 24/7 trying to get me to do Evil and this has been ongoing for years. I'm living in a Marquis de Sade Stronghold area where all types of Perversions are being Practiced.

I have taken a look at your profile and from it appears that you are a Satan/Devil Worshipper. Are you an Inverted Cross Practitioner? Inverted Cross Practitioners are among the Few Elect called out from 7.8 Billion in a Halfway House.

Fury Ending Credits

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Catholic and Orthodox have many more requirements, even just for baptism. I think experience within the Protestant Church is a thing unto itself, and we cannot speak of Christianity without understanding this. Catholics and Orthodox simply cannot relate to those churches.
Baptism is also used as a rite of passage into the Church, thus not just for forgiveness. If there's no commitment to doing that, many churches will not Baptise them.

Elihoenai

That's a Mysterious reply open to Interpretation.

Hereditary | Official Trailer HD | A24

Both Sides Now | Judy Collins | Lyrics

If you are saying you Inherited Evil from family than almost every person on the Planet has Evil Inheritance. Some families are more Evil than others and from your post I assume the Inheritance is among the Most Evil. Apart from the Few Elect, every person on the planet are Children of the Devil/Satan.

If you are saying that you have Not Really known Love and Life at all than apart from the Few Elect no person on the planet has ever Really known Love and Life from a Biblical Perspective.

I have heard what Love and Life is from a Biblical Perspective, although have not yet attained the Experience of Love and Life. I'm on the Absolute Opposite Spectrum to the Inverted Cross Practitioners. I Am Ultra Extremist Celibate and Non-Violent Christian transitioning to the Few Elect.

The Demons we Inherited from our Parents are Cast Out when the Real Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ is Practiced.

Last edited:

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member

My understanding is that the main purpose of religion is to foster love and harmony between people. Yet in todays world we have billions of followers who say they believe but where is love and unity in the world?

So no matter which religion one belongs to it’s the 21st century and yet all the religionists combined have failed to establish peace on earth.

So obeying the law of love has been excruciatingly difficult for all the religions followers. They can do the outward things like pray, fast and hold meetings and preach but fail dismally when it comes to the age old law of love one another which is taught by all Faiths. Love is the one law that really, really matters. And despite thousands of years of being reminded we still collectively are to obey this all important law of all religions.

wellwisher

My understanding is that the main purpose of religion is to foster love and harmony between people. Yet in todays world we have billions of followers who say they believe but where is love and unity in the world?

So no matter which religion one belongs to it’s the 21st century and yet all the religionists combined have failed to establish peace on earth.

So obeying the law of love has been excruciatingly difficult for all the religions followers. They can do the outward things like pray, fast and hold meetings and preach but fail dismally when it comes to the age old law of love one another which is taught by all Faiths. Love is the one law that really, really matters. And despite thousands of years of being reminded we still collectively are to obey this all important law of all religions.

The real problem, in terms of peace on earth, is connected to Atheism and the nonreligious, who makes their own relative laws. That is the easiest path and is based on relative morality of the ego.

Christianity may be the most difficult, in the sense that love your enemy and turn the other cheek, requires one be accepting of all other religions and non-religions. It is really the people; fellow humans, who really matter not how they dress up in terms of dogma. Many religions can just clan together, and only have to be concerned with their clan group.

If you only have to protect and reinforce the clan, there is mutual positive feedback from the clan, since you are a closed symbiotic system. But if you have to accept all, and even turn the other cheek, you often have to deal with taunting negativity and hostility. Atheists often tell you that you are a hypocrite if you do not turn the other cheek, as they work to undermine you.

The Atheists are much less offensive tø religions, with an eye for an eye philosophy, who will use the system other means to fight back. There are terms like anti semitism or Islamophobe, designed to shut down discussion, before the feud can get out of hand. There are no terms like anti-Christian or Christophobe, that work the same way. There is more pressure on Christians, who have to learn not to let their ego be delicate. This is why they are strong and many become secular leaders based on fairness to all.

The Supreme Court in the US is mostly Catholics, since these people are not only smart due to their hard work and commitment, but assumed to be objective and fair to all, since this is how they are taught to walk life. There are no Atheist on the Court, since they are more self serving and not very open to strangers outside their own clan. The religious people are more than half the population, yet these people would be denied and victimized by any Atheist Justices. Atheism is the easiest religion to follow since there are no requirements besides hate religion and God. All else goes. This is what prevents peace on earth.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
The real problem, in terms of peace on earth, is connected to Atheism and the nonreligious, who makes their own relative laws. That is the easiest path and is based on relative morality of the ego.

Christianity may be the most difficult, in the sense that love your enemy and turn the other cheek, requires one be accepting of all other religions and non-religions. It is really the people; fellow humans, who really matter not how they dress up in terms of dogma. Many religions can just clan together, and only have to be concerned with their clan group.

If you only have to protect and reinforce the clan, there is mutual positive feedback from the clan, since you are a closed symbiotic system. But if you have to accept all, and even turn the other cheek, you often have to deal with taunting negativity and hostility. Atheists often tell you that you are a hypocrite if you do not turn the other cheek, as they work to undermine you.

The Atheists are much less offensive tø religions, with an eye for an eye philosophy, who will use the system other means to fight back. There are terms like anti semitism or Islamophobe, designed to shut down discussion, before the feud can get out of hand. There are no terms like anti-Christian or Christophobe, that work the same way. There is more pressure on Christians, who have to learn not to let their ego be delicate. This is why they are strong and many become secular leaders based on fairness to all.

The Supreme Court in the US is mostly Catholics, since these people are not only smart due to their hard work and commitment, but assumed to be objective and fair to all, since this is how they are taught to walk life. There are no Atheist on the Court, since they are more self serving and not very open to strangers outside their own clan. The religious people are more than half the population, yet these people would be denied and victimized by any Atheist Justices. Atheism is the easiest religion to follow since there are no requirements besides hate religion and God. All else goes. This is what prevents peace on earth.

I have some incredible and awesome Catholic friends and although I am a Baha’i they treat me like family as does the local parish priest. They had a huge pot of Biriyani delivered to us as a Christmas gift and they always remember us. I’ve also met very nice people on RF who say they are atheist but I find them quality people and they treat me very well too. I try not to judge as I have my own faults to contend with.