• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Christianity that bad?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Inasmuch as it's because of pencils that people make writing errors.

When a religion tells that genocide of people who don't worship that religion's god is good

When a religion tells that mass murder of those not in your religion is good and the land and goods and wives and children of those killed are yours for the taking is good

When gullible people read these passage and think thru are good.

Pencils dont tell you these things

danieldemol

Premium Member
Depends on what you mean by wrong. If you mean unscientific I would say it depends on what you particularly believe, Christianity can be very unscientific.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
True many Christians do a lot of damage, but atheist communists killed more people in the 20th century than Christians did. That doesn't make atheists bad does it?

Is there anything intrinsically wrong with Christianity?
Atheism?
Islam?
Judaism?

Where's an atheist community?

The only "community" I was told was atheistic was China. Someone native there said that religion wasn't really a "thing" as it is in the west. Other than that?

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
In the name of anything, anything bad happens. Human nature, and the precarious nature of survival has created conditions of vulnerability, and the possible conditions for evil if so chosen.

Evil comes in any form be it theist, or atheist. The vehicle of religion, or anti religion is used maliciously for personal gain and power.

To me religion is a form of blindness to reality when it pits believer vs. non believer. I personally am unwilling to die for the sake of myths myself. But evil is something chosen without any regard for other life. It will use anything to get its way.

Disillusionment, and delusions are also dangerous roads as well. While not outrightly evil there are traps of perception that cause much harm. Error is as dangerous as evil imo.

If Christianity is not reality then it is blind to much good and thus it is bad stuff. Christianity is error for sincere people, and it also invites much evil in its abuse's.

MonkeyFire

If you are good with a devil having its hand in the bible. When invincibility is the nihilistic anti-Christ that might be okay. If anything it creates peace.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
True many Christians do a lot of damage, but atheist communists killed more people in the 20th century than Christians did. That doesn't make atheists bad does it?

Atheism?
Islam?
Judaism?

But it wasn't atheism that killed people. It was dictators, and dictators of any religion or no religion will kill opposition.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Atheism?
Islam?
Judaism?

Unquestioned belief. If people thought to question what they believe in a little more, they might choose against using it to justify their actions.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member

Atheism?
Islam?
Judaism?
There are many excellent Teachings in Christianity that promote virtue and good character. I've met many people that are a good example of their Christian faith.

ChristineM

Premium Member
That would be useful if her post was appropriate in the first place.

I consider that an ignorant insult.

First, my post was in direct response to the OP that was addressed to me

Second, every word of my post was factual, it may pop you bubble but that is not my problem

Now do you want to go on with your insults?

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Religion or no religion people seem to find ways and reasons for killing off other people, it's part of our primate evolution but we are far more dangerous due to our intellectual development.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I consider that an ignorant insult.

First, my post was in direct response to the OP that was addressed to me

Second, every word of my post was factual, it may pop you bubble but that is not my problem

Now do you want to go on with your insults?
Sorry if I offended you, Christine. That wasn't my intention.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Sorry if I offended you, Christine. That wasn't my intention.

Ok

Om not offended, i just thought it odd that you should pluck a post of mine from a thread to start another. A quick pm to ask would hsve been polite