• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Christianity Picked On?

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Booko said:
What political disfavor?
Maybe that was the wrong phrase to use. Sorry. Guess I should've been more clear:bonk: You'd have to read the article before that one.

Basically they're saying that because people disagree/won't tolerate with their forcing of politcal/moral views on society that they are being persecuted. They compare this persecutions with the Jewish persecution.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Pah said:
From The Notebook, Time magazine, April 10, 2006 - "You guys have become the Jews of the 21st century"
Michael Horowitz, senior fellow at the conservative Hudson Institute to Evangelicals at a War on Christians conference, which focused on the impact of perceived attacks by liberals.

That ought to be enough to really declare war

Pah is there anyway that you can post that whole article from Time? I found a similar article by the same guy from back in Sept. 2005 and it said:
As the battle for the soul of the 21st century is fought, too many of my people have been killed for us to be fully useful scapegoats. Thus, my evangelical friends, you have become the Jews of the 21st century. This is of course not true of Christians blessed to live in America and other free countries. It is, however, very much true of your brothers and sisters in the developing world—in the Sudan, in China, in India, in Sri Lanka, in Indonesia, in Saudi Arabia, in country after country where dictatorships reign.

I just want to make sure that these are 2 seprate articles.

Pah

Uber all member
Mister_T said:
Pah is there anyway that you can post that whole article from Time? .....
I believe that was the whole article. The Notebook is a section which contains many blurbs. This page (called Verbatim)is only quotes from the past week.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Mister_T said:
Maybe that was the wrong phrase to use. Sorry. Guess I should've been more clear:bonk: You'd have to read the article before that one.

Basically they're saying that because people disagree/won't tolerate with their forcing of politcal/moral views on society that they are being persecuted. They compare this persecutions with the Jewish persecution.

Oh,I know. I've been hearing that old canard for years now. It doesn't get any less silly with the passage of time.

BFD_Zayl

*ahem* you reap what you sow... when the corrupt christian empire (refering to the times of the crusades, and all that) started to kill off, oppress, and bribe all the other religions it seemed perfectly fine at the time didnt it?! i admit there are alot of good christians who do wonderful things. but when they stab and stab other religions, and then the other religion does a feeble poke back, then its the downfall of christianity isnt it? my advice to you GET OVER IT!!! :tsk: at least WE are not commiting genocide like the "empire" did. stop over reacting. ever hear of karma,luck, rule of 3, etc? well from what ive seen this is a slap on the wrist compared to what christianity has borne upon other people, just stand straight, take a deep breath and march on with your day. the world isnt ending! heres an example from my life, my school has tons of christians and get to read the bibles all day long, wear t-shirst and all that opther crap, and i get in TROUBLE for wearing a thors hammer and get yelled at for "pushing religion on others" i mean c'mon be nice to people and they will be nice to you, thats all.