• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Christ Myth Theory Credible?

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I seriously doubt you were ever born again. The Holy Spirit would have educated you to the point you wouldn't believe the nonsense you do now. In addition, I know by your poor understanding of Biblical Theology that you didn't spend any significant time learning the intricacies of how God operates. You obviously didn't know that failure to repent can cause significant problems in a person's life, and can even cancel or delay their healing. And to call Jesus' teachings "nasty" for calling people to repent so they might be saved is more in tune with how Satan thinks than what God desires. So wise up yourself because you haven't the first clue what you're talking about.

22 years as a fundamentalist? What denomination was that? How many people did you lead to Christ? My guess is you were a liberal all the way, and there's no question about how they screw up the Bible.

Sorry, but you are wrong. That probably happens a lot. You are certainly entitled to your flawed opinion. I was calling your first sentence nasty, as well as outdated. Sickness has nothing to do with sin. I was mostly Southern Baptist, very conservative. I led a few people to Christ. I was GOP for 28 years, as is standard teaching in conservative churches. Half of Christians are on the left. Cue the standard fundy go-to issues of abortion and homosexuality...

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
This is pure BS. Most "born agains" have a rather poor understanding of the Bible. There religious views do not allow them to understand their holy book.

Of course that is why Spartan put me on ignore. I continually demonstrated that I understood his book of myths better than he did. He could not use the Bible to defend his beliefs while I could show that the Bible disagreed with him quite often. When one drops the self inflicted blindfold of literal belief one can see the endless flaws in the Bible.

I thought I had him on ignore. Does that just mean a reply doesn't show up on your notifications?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I thought I had him on ignore. Does that just mean a reply doesn't show up on your notifications?
I think if you have someone on ignore you cannot see their posts. In fact I don't think you can even see when others quote him. You will only see the response of the person not on ignore.

And you can go to your profile page to check whom you have on ignore.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Why are Christians so quick to assume that lying and cheating are the only alternate explanations. Myths tend to grow naturally over time. No need to lie. Look at the Elvis myths that arose after his death. Do you think that everyone that believed them was a liar or a cheat? The people that originated them did not even need to be liars or cheats. They may have merely been mistaken. When someone near and dear to you passes away one can see that person even when that person no longer is alive. And this in our supposedly more enlightened age. When one did not have the advantage of modern media and other tools why could one not truly believe that he saw Jesus after he died. Take the Gospels. The earliest was written well over a generation after Jesus died. That gives a long time for an oral tradition of myth to build up. The next two gospels largely copied the first. They were not independent. John did not copy as much but it had even more outrageous miracles and claims of Jesus. It was written about a generation after the first gospel giving the stories time to grow and become more outlandish. One thing that Christians are far too willing to forget is that none of the Gospels are eye witness accounts. Nor was Paul an eyewitness. The need for liars or charlatans to write the Bible is almost zero.

I believe myths grow over time when the events have not been written down by eyewitnesses but passed on by word of mouth. That is not the case with the NT.

Spartan

Sorry, but you are wrong. That probably happens a lot. You are certainly entitled to your flawed opinion. I was calling your first sentence nasty, as well as outdated. Sickness has nothing to do with sin. I was mostly Southern Baptist, very conservative. I led a few people to Christ. I was GOP for 28 years, as is standard teaching in conservative churches. Half of Christians are on the left. Cue the standard fundy go-to issues of abortion and homosexuality...

You wrote, "Sickness has nothing to do with sin."

<facepalm>

"So also I will make you sick, striking you down, Desolating you because of your sins." - Micah 6:13

The Curses of Disobedience to the Lord - Deuteronomy chapter 28

Deu 28:21 - “The LORD will make the plague cling to you until He has consumed you from the land which you are going to possess."

Deu 28:22 - “The LORD will strike you with consumption, with fever, with inflammation, with severe burning fever, with the sword, with scorching, and with mildew; they shall pursue you until you perish."

Jesus, to the Church at Thyatira

"Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophet. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols. - I have given her time to repent of her immorality, but she is unwilling. - So I will cast her on a bed of suffering, and I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely, unless they repent of her ways." Jesus, Rev. 2:20-22

There's other scriptures, but those will suffice.

So, you claim you were a fundamentalist for 22 years, and you claim that sin has nothing to do with repentance and sickness? You never read those scriptures? 22 years as a fundy and NOW you're suddenly offended with this? Astonishing.

Spartan

I was GOP for 28 years, as is standard teaching in conservative churches. Half of Christians are on the left. Cue the standard fundy go-to issues of abortion and homosexuality...

Half of the Christians on the left? LOL! They don't call liberals the "religious left"! More like the stiff-necked irreligious left.

67348698_10219946121593605_6837736704309198848_o.jpg

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
You wrote, "

So, you claim you were a fundamentalist for 22 years, and you claim that sin has nothing to do with repentance and sickness? You never read those scriptures? 22 years as a fundy and NOW you're suddenly offended with this? Astonishing.

Of course I used to think so, but we know better now. Obviously we know better than they did in the 1st century.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I think if you have someone on ignore you cannot see their posts. In fact I don't think you can even see when others quote him. You will only see the response of the person not on ignore.

And you can go to your profile page to check whom you have on ignore.

Thank you. I will make sure to do that. I prefer to speak with adults.