• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

IS Brides and consequences.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Just leave the camp open until they all die. Then, all that will be left is a cemetery. It could be called ISIS cemetery.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I see you haven't experienced children throwing hand grenades into buses
I see you haven't seen the children soldiers in some countries
Age has nothing to do with a person's capabilities of killing.

One of the troubles with modern society toward children and the immature is that there appears to be the lack of consequences for one's actions.
I’ve seen them on the news. In the West, there’s only a few cases of child killers, which tends to horrify the public. Probably because we’re not a war torn country where children are commonly brainwashed by soldiers?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Actually many actually had their respective citizenship revoked already. Hence my phrasing. I don't know if it's all, though. But there are some..........."legal conversations" happening, let's say.
Personally, I think that citizenship should virtually never be revoked. This is a power that has extreme potential for abuse by an authoritarian government.

You're talking about denying someone the right to re-enter their country, to vote, to hold office, etc., all because of their views.

I don't like ISIS either, but I know enough history to think of plenty of times when a political regime tried to solidify its hold on power by keeping political dissidents out of the country. If you say that a government should be able to revoke a citizen's citizenship based on the views they hold then that's the situation you're inviting.

Perhaps. But if they were to be paroled, would that pose any sort of threat to pubic safety? We're not talking theft or even murder, but planned terror attacks and supporting actual terrorists.
The criminal justice system deals with these concerns all the time. Why would these concerns be different for a non-resident citizen looking to return than it would be for a citizen living in the country?

Then there's the risk of spreading extremist rhetoric among already disillusioned citizens, susceptible to extremist grooming.
But does that risk outweigh the risk of granting a dangerous power to every future government of the country? Does it outweigh the damage caused by eroding what "citizenship" means?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
To be fair, the IRA at least had a noble goal in mind - the reunification of Ireland after the UK stole Northern Ireland and mistreated the Irish for centuries, so I wouldn't compare them to Daesh. The British forces were hardly innocents.
The Provisional-IRA (which is separate from and the extremist form of the IRA), their goals are irrelevant. Even Hitler and his supporters had "noble" goals in mind - every dictator does. The P-IRA still resorted to terrorism (and nail bombs do have a rather nasty psychological sting to them), they targeted civilians, and demonstrated they didn't care who was hurt when they targeted Margaret Thatcher for an assassination attempt
The IRA, they actually still exist as a legitimate group with a political voice, and they've chilled out.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
The Provisional-IRA (which is separate from and the extremist form of the IRA), their goals are irrelevant. Even Hitler and his supporters had "noble" goals in mind - every dictator does. The P-IRA still resorted to terrorism (and nail bombs do have a rather nasty psychological sting to them), they targeted civilians, and demonstrated they didn't care who was hurt when they targeted Margaret Thatcher for an assassination attempt
The IRA, they actually still exist as a legitimate group with a political voice, and they've chilled out.
Nazism did not have noble goals in mind, unless you think genocide and enslavement are noble (which I know you don't). It's more apt to compare the IRA to the militant wing of the Palestinian liberation movement.