• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Bozo Finally to be Ousted?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
They've been predicting his demise for several years, now -- yet he's still here.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I've been a reader of the British satirical magazine Private Eye ever since university, so I have the habit of giving nicknames to public figures, politicians especially.

Bozo seems apposite as the guy is a permanent clown, unable to treat anything seriously and unable to respect anyone or anything. He suffers from permanent and terminal facetiousness.
Can’t disagree with you there

exchemist

Veteran Member
They've been predicting his demise for several years, now -- yet he's still here.
Yeah, he's a sort of political cockroach. But he may at last have been squirted with something powerful enough to see him off. But it will take some days or weeks to work, I expect.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Forgive my brain for the thought that trotted through it when I saw the word "bozo". That thought is can an American be in those positions? We have a lot of bozos to export.
Maybe someone among you can accept ours in exchange for assurance of not complaining about the use of the word? Ours is best know by that name.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
This is a great opportunity for Keir Starmer to boost Labour,he seems to have the loony left under control and has said outright that there’s no way back into the EU,my one concern is he doesn’t seem to have a stage presence if you know what I mean.

Where the conservatives go from here is a downward spiral,let’s face it there’s not much to choose from leader wise,in fact for a long time now we’ve had some awful leaders from both parties but the Tory cabinet now minus two is a crock of **** imo.
It is all but unavoidable that Labour will revert Brexit as much as it can.

Although, alas, that is just too little, too late at this point.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Ah, but to quote Theresa May: "Brexit is Brexit".

You can't very well order fish and complain that it is not mutton.
This is nonsense. There were many ways to go about Brexit; many kinds of deals.

I just see on here that few support it and want to blame those of us who did for this mess, when this is not what we wanted. We wanted a decent deal, either Norway or Canada style. Instead, folks mock us and go 'SEE!!! SEE WHAT YOU DID NOW!!!' as though were are the politicians who made these deals.

Please just give it a break.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Again: request fish if fish is what you want. But don't complain that it does not taste like mutton and, in fact, is not mutton.

Brexit was fated to be a disaster from the very concept. It has been pointed out in no uncertain terms from 2016 if not earlier.

One day we will have much to learn from studying whatever made it possible anyway. Some will actually learn, even.

Yerda

Veteran Member
Has anyone, beside Trump, ever been such a consistently useless, venal, lying clown of a leader?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Has anyone, beside Trump, ever been such a consistently useless, venal, lying clown of a leader?
Well Bojo seems to be suffering from Trumpitus at the moment - given all the ongoing resignations, and such having no effect. :oops:

Two minutes after posting this he has changed his mind - the swine. :oops:

Last edited:

exchemist

Veteran Member
Even Gove is telling him to leave after more resignations,can’t see him lasting much longer.
Well Bojo seems to be suffering from Trumpitus at the moment - given all the ongoing resignations, and such having no effect. :oops:

Two minutes after posting this he has changed his mind - the swine. :oops:
Haha yes, he's agreed to go, at last. It's a huge relief. Tonight, I will celebrate with champagne - and slices of pork pie, in honour of the Pork Pie Plot, which was the first attempt to get rid of him (named after the MP for Melton Mowbray, where pork pies are made).

I am looking forward to seeing the back of the deadbeats and swivel-eyed idiots in his cabinet: the absurd, self-caricaturing Rees-Mogg, Ugli Patel, Suella Braverperson, Mad Nad Dorries, the punk "Culture" Secretary, George Useless, oh and Raaaab, the "insurance salesman with anger management issues".

But the best thing to come out of this debacle is that the Tories now realise they have work to do to rebuild any sense of trust and integrity with the electorate. So they will need to choose someone with a reputation for being honest and trustworthy. That narrows the field! And he or she will NOT be an Old Etonian, this time.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
His wife will kill him, though. How long will that marriage last, once he is out of 10 Downing St, I wonder?
Sometimes we can be surprised. Mrs. Trump is still with Donald.. And what if your Trump is like the original in this aspect? Our ex-Presidents usually fade out of politics after the Presidency. Trump didn't. You could have the perpetual threat of a returning Minime.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Sometimes we can be surprised. Mrs. Trump is still with Donald.. And what if your Trump is like the original in this aspect? Our ex-Presidents usually fade out of politics after the Presidency. Trump didn't. You could have the perpetual threat of a returning Minime.
Bozo has no hope of a return. He has no mass following. Trump is the object of a malign personality cult, which Bozo never managed. He's gone.

He may earn a living on the lecture/newspaper column circuit. No one will want Bozo on the board of any company, as he is so obviously dishonest and self-centred. Your share price would plunge immediately.

exchemist

Veteran Member
This is nonsense. There were many ways to go about Brexit; many kinds of deals.

I just see on here that few support it and want to blame those of us who did for this mess, when this is not what we wanted. We wanted a decent deal, either Norway or Canada style. Instead, folks mock us and go 'SEE!!! SEE WHAT YOU DID NOW!!!' as though were are the politicians who made these deals.

Please just give it a break.
Yup Single Market membership would obviously have been the way to go. It would have saved us the nightmare in N Ireland and kept the economy running smoothly. The hard nutters seized control after the referendum result and changed the offer, so that only the hardest of hard Brexits would be a "real" Brexit, any thing else was BRINO, Brexit In Name Only. I think it was that w**ker Rees-Mogg who came up with that one.

Yet for some reason Steamer seems to rule it out. I can only think a lot of Brexit voters in his opinion polling think it is somehow anathema to rejoin the Single Market. It would solve so many problems if we did. And this "sovereignty" issue is just bull****. The moment you sign any sort of treaty you agree to be bound by its terms, That's ceding a certain amount of "sovereignty", if you like - but entered into willingly. As John Major observed, the only country with full sovereignty on that basis is N Korea!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Bozo has no hope of a return. He has no mass following. Trump is the object of a malign personality cult, which Bozo never managed. He's gone.

He may earn a living on the lecture/newspaper column circuit. No one will want Bozo on the board of any company, as he is so obviously dishonest and self-centred. Your share price would plunge immediately.
Lucky for you guys. Trump is an actual threat to repeat here

JIMMY12345

Both the UK Chancellor of the Exchequer, (Finance minister) and the Health Secretary have just resigned, saying they can't take any more of Bozo's incompetence and lack of integrity. The full text of Sajid Javid's letter is here: Sajid Javid’s resignation letter – in full

This is pretty direct, for a resignation letter.

So what will Bozo do now? Who will he appoint to be C of Exch., the most important ministerial post in the land - indeed, who will want the job? Jacob Rees-Mogg? :eek: Nadine Dorries, perhaps? :confused::D

Surely the farce must now come to an end. The Men in Grey Suits will be on their way to see Bozo in the next 48hrs, I would guess, with a bottle of whisky and a revolver.

And I have put the Deutz in the fridge, because when these things happen, they happen very fast and I want to be ready to celebrate the defenestration of the worst Prime Minister of all time. (Though my father still thinks Anthony Eden holds that title, by a whisker.)
Are you chemist or physic? so it happened.The tragedy is taxes NEED to go up however painful.Not many takers for this long term policy.Short term it does not but votes.No political party will have answers to the impending Financial mess.Its out of anyone's control.

exchemist

Veteran Member
A rather penetrating critique here of the modern Tory party, from Dominic Grieve, former Attorney-General in David Cameron's government and who was forced out of the party by Bozo. It's from Prospect magazine:

It was the Conservative Party that created this monster

Tory MPs have an enormous amount of damage to repair now that Boris Johnson has finally resigned

By

Dominic Grieve

July 7, 2022

Boris Johnson’s premiership is no more. He had haemorrhaged support to a point that was simply untenable, and by the end it was far from clear that he would even have been leading what can be described as an administration.

It speaks volumes to Johnson’s total narcissism and entitlement that faced with such a situation, there was still suspicion that he would somehow attempt to battle on or even might try to trigger a general election. A brazen disregard of rules and conventions and any loyalty to colleagues has been his hallmark, just as has his tolerance of misbehaviour by supportive colleagues and subordinates. His serial mendacity makes for an appalling spectacle, and the risk is not yet over: if Johnson remains as caretaker prime minister while a successor is found, it cannot be discounted that he will discover a way to inflict further damage on Britain’s international reputation.

The strangest aspect of this sorry saga, however, is that a Conservative Party that once prided itself on upholding our political institutions, conventions and traditions, and claimed that it would always try to act with propriety and in the widest public interest, put up with Johnson for so long. Even if viewed solely through the prism of self-interest, it has been obvious since the Owen Paterson affair that the public had rumbled Johnson and he had lost their confidence last year. Partygate should have been the last straw. Yet still Conservative MPs either continued to insist his appalling behaviour should be forgiven because he was a winner, or wrung their hands helplessly and usually only in private as he dragged them all down. The Conservative Party has been collectively tainted, corrupted and damaged by Johnson’s behaviour and influence over it.

The problem that brought to Conservative Party to this point is not an aberration. It is the direct consequence of not being able to control or come to terms with the political instability the Leave vote in 2016 inevitably created, of which Johnson was key architect. Making him PM showed an open willingness by Conservatives to use him to break rules and conventions to secure Brexit. Entirely predictably, he used these means successfully, and equally predictably it delivered nothing but serious economic and political challenges and administrative chaos.

Johnson’s actions both over Brexit and in government have also broken the underlying consensus that has held the party together. Without the respect for the constitution, institutions and conventions of the state which previously characterised it, its internal divisions are shown with starkest clarity. Free marketeers, angry at the failure to deliver the deregulation and low-tax economy they desire, confront fellow Leave supporters who want more public expenditure in their constituencies to help levelling up. The liberal Conservatives are marginalised and the pragmatic centre silenced. All will look with foreboding at a leadership election that is unpredictable in outcome and will be determined by Conservative Party members who are increasingly unrepresentative of the electorate who actually vote Conservative.

If the Conservative parliamentary party is to survive and do any good in future, it needs to come to an appreciation of how it created this monster. That is going to require asking hard questions as to how it abandoned the delivery of quiet government for revolutionary upheaval and taking a realistic view of what can reasonably be achieved to restore stability and build prosperity. It then needs to find and insist on a leader who can deliver this, and to abandon the fantasy politics that have taken both the party and our country to such a sorry state.

UNQUOTE

I think the points about the party becoming increasingly unrepresentative of Tory voters, and about "fantasy politics", are very sound observations.