• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Bozo Finally to be Ousted?

exchemist

Veteran Member
Both the UK Chancellor of the Exchequer, (Finance minister) and the Health Secretary have just resigned, saying they can't take any more of Bozo's incompetence and lack of integrity. The full text of Sajid Javid's letter is here: Sajid Javid’s resignation letter – in full

This is pretty direct, for a resignation letter.

So what will Bozo do now? Who will he appoint to be C of Exch., the most important ministerial post in the land - indeed, who will want the job? Jacob Rees-Mogg? :eek: Nadine Dorries, perhaps? :confused::D

Surely the farce must now come to an end. The Men in Grey Suits will be on their way to see Bozo in the next 48hrs, I would guess, with a bottle of whisky and a revolver.

And I have put the Deutz in the fridge, because when these things happen, they happen very fast and I want to be ready to celebrate the defenestration of the worst Prime Minister of all time. (Though my father still thinks Anthony Eden holds that title, by a whisker.)

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm thankful Sunak has gone. He has right-wing fiscal views the likes of Thatcher and I would have dreaded a Sunaki government. It's time for Boris to get on his bike

exchemist

Veteran Member
I'm thankful Sunak has gone. He has right-wing fiscal views the likes of Thatcher and I would have dreaded a Sunaki government. It's time for Boris to get on his bike
A Sunak government is what you might get, though. These guys are firing the starting pistol for the contest that both may want to take part in. But we'll see.

I'm fascinated by who Bozo will try to pick as Chancellor. He can't leave that job open for more than a day or two. I'm amused by the vision I have of cabinet ministers rushing to turn their phones off, in case he calls and tries to get them to accept the position. Nobody will want to do that, at least until they see which way the wind is blowing in the party. It could actually be Rees-Mogg, since he must know he has no chance of any position in government under a more serious leader. Or could it be Raab, once described as looking like an insurance salesman with anger management issues?

I'd like Jeremy Hunt or Gove to be PM, I think. Both are intelligent and capable.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Forgive my brain for the thought that trotted through it when I saw the word "bozo". That thought is can an American be in those positions? We have a lot of bozos to export.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Forgive my brain for the thought that trotted through it when I saw the word "bozo". That thought is can an American be in those positions? We have a lot of bozos to export.
Boris Johnson was for a while known as BoJo. So I just tweaked it a bit, and it has caught on among family and friends.

Sometimes we call him Bozolini, when he shows the side of his nasty personality that is inclined to shut down or destroy any institution or process that is a check on what he wants to do - his MiniMe Trump persona.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Does this mean that the new Prime Minister will be a non-Freemason, this time?
(If there has ever been one, throughout the history of UK).
Btw...he had the merit to put Brexit into action.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Actually it was Cameron that kicked Brexit off although it was unintentional, he misread the country.

What bozo did was lie all the way through in order to con people to his dream of world power outside Europe. (Yes that failed too)

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Actually it was Cameron that kicked Brexit off although it was unintentional, he misread the country.
Not from my POV. He read it well but was caught in a Westminster bubble and didn't actually think the Leave side would win. Nor did BoJo, really, if certain narratives are right - he read the country right as well and jumped on a bandwagon.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Does this mean that the new Prime Minister will be a non-Freemason, this time?
(If there has ever been one, throughout the history of UK).

Bozo was a remainer,Cameron started it but he totally underestimated the British public and ran away.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Boris Johnson was for a while known as BoJo. So I just tweaked it a bit, and it has caught on among family and friends.

Sometimes we call him Bozolini, when he shows the side of his nasty personality that is inclined to shut down or destroy any institution or process that is a check on what he wants to do - his MiniMe Trump persona.
After recent events BloJo is more apt.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
This is a great opportunity for Keir Starmer to boost Labour,he seems to have the loony left under control and has said outright that there’s no way back into the EU,my one concern is he doesn’t seem to have a stage presence if you know what I mean.

Where the conservatives go from here is a downward spiral,let’s face it there’s not much to choose from leader wise,in fact for a long time now we’ve had some awful leaders from both parties but the Tory cabinet now minus two is a crock of **** imo.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Let out tears of frustration that was way more than he bargained for and then cry tears of relief that it's finally all over for him?
His wife will kill him, though. How long will that marriage last, once he is out of 10 Downing St, I wonder?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
But he "Got Brexit done"

He did,not how it should have been done,Cameron should have stayed and remembered who he served and not the other way round,Thereza May was clearly out of her depth so Bozo a remainer jumped on the winning horse,that is leaving the EU and the reason behind the landslide of the last election.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member

Ahh the time honoured tradition of giving mocking nicknames to politicians is alive and well, I see.
I approve.

For years as a kid, I legitimately thought our Prime Minister was actually named “John Coward.” (Thanks to a certain uncle who was not a fan of his.)

exchemist

Veteran Member
Ahh the time honoured tradition of giving mocking nicknames to politicians is alive and well, I see.
I approve.

For years as a kid, I legitimately thought our Prime Minister was actually named “John Coward.” (Thanks to a certain uncle who was not a fan of his.)
I've been a reader of the British satirical magazine Private Eye ever since university, so I have the habit of giving nicknames to public figures, politicians especially.

Bozo seems apposite as the guy is a permanent clown, unable to treat anything seriously and unable to respect anyone or anything. He suffers from permanent and terminal facetiousness.