• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Baha'u'llah true or false Prophet?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Bahai reminds me of SGI (modern buddhist sect) in its lay out, themes, and even the "sun and many rays" view with their own theme-phrase. They do have food banks and charity (as so said by adrian) and things like that. It reminds me what you said years ago about different passive and direct ways of conversation. This is a harsh site on Bahai criticisms but not meant to belittle it. Why the Baha’i Faith Can’t Keep its Converts? Ive been to two-convert like religious before. I guess to each his own.

This site discusses why Indigenous people have embraced the Faith;

Why Have So Many Indigenous People Become Baha’is?

Regards Tony

Marcion

gopa of humanity's controversial Taraka Brahma
Has this preceptor given any interesting talks on spiritual philosophy or was it only religious speeches?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Has this preceptor given any interesting talks on spiritual philosophy or was it only religious speeches?

Well I can say that I am not well schooled in what is philosophy and what is religious, to me they go hand in hand.

This following link I found is a look into the philosophy used in the Baha'i Writings.

Baha'u'llah's Toolbox: The Philosophical Concepts Used in the Baha'i Writings

Thus could the 'Tablet of Wisdom' be a good example?

Bahá'í Reference Library - Tablets of Bahá’u’lláh Revealed After the Kitáb-i-Aqdas, Pages 137-152

This is an extract;

"....O peoples of the world! Forsake all evil, hold fast that which is good. Strive to be shining examples unto all mankind, and true reminders of the virtues of God amidst men. He that riseth to serve My Cause should manifest My wisdom, and bend every effort to banish ignorance from the earth. Be united in counsel, be one in thought. Let each morn be better than its eve and each morrow richer than its yesterday. Man’s merit lieth in service and virtue and not in the pageantry of wealth and riches. Take heed that your words be purged from idle fancies and worldly desires and your deeds be cleansed from craftiness and suspicion. Dissipate not the wealth of your precious lives in the pursuit of evil and corrupt affection, nor let your endeavours be spent in promoting your personal interest. Be generous in your days of plenty, and be patient in the hour of loss. Adversity is followed by success and rejoicings follow woe. Guard against idleness and sloth, and cling unto that which profiteth mankind, whether young or old, whether high or low. Beware lest ye sow tares of dissension among men or plant thorns of doubt in pure and radiant hearts.
O ye beloved of the Lord! Commit not that which defileth the limpid stream of love or destroyeth the sweet fragrance of friendship. By the righteousness of the Lord! Ye were created to show love one to another and not perversity and rancour. Take pride not in love for yourselves but in love for your fellow-creatures. Glory not in love for your country, but in love for all mankind. Let your eye be chaste, your hand faithful, your tongue truthful and your heart enlightened. Abase not the station of the learned in Bahá and belittle not the rank of such rulers as administer justice amidst you. Set your reliance on the army of justice, put on the armour of wisdom, let your adorning be forgiveness and mercy and that which cheereth the hearts of the well-favoured of God...."

There are many Mystical Works.

Regards Tony

Sen McGlinn

7000 isn't 23 000, the Bahai source number, which was my point. Just how many of those 7000 are active is another point. As I understand it, inactive folks aren't removed from the count.
Where's the Bahai source that claims 23,000 Bahais in Mauritius? Dates and details may be relevant: Bahai sources generally do not give membership numbers, but Bahai institutions consider children as part of the community.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Where's the Bahai source that claims 23,000 Bahais in Mauritius? Dates and details may be relevant: Bahai sources generally do not give membership numbers, but Bahai institutions consider children as part of the community.

Who knows, really? I don't keep a log of my internet browsing. It may have been from here, but I don't think so: Number of Bahá’ís by country - Bahaikipedia, an encyclopedia about the Bahá’í Faith Adherents.com has it at just over 21 000, whereas the government census was around 700. As you've explained, it's very tough to find accurate info.

Editted ... Sen, I found it .... Criticism of the Bahá'í Faith - Wikipedia scroll down some

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Even if, Bahais completely disappear, it does not change who Bahaullah is. God is God.
So what religion today is speaking the truth about God other than the Baha'is? Islam? Judaism? How about Buddhism or Hinduism? Then there is Christianity. The main Protestant sects teach that Jesus is God. Baha'is say that is not true, so those Christians are teaching a lie, in the opinion of the Baha'is, yet they keep getting people to believe.

But you say the Baha'i Faith, through Baha'u'llah, teaches the real truth that is much needed in today's world... and it's not catching on? Is it something that the Baha'is themselves are doing that is turning people off to the "truth"? Once you do get some people to join, how many people remain? Why do they leave? Why would the leadership pretend that some of these people are still members? You have "enrollment" cards, but you don't keep track of withdrawals?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Who knows, really? I don't keep a log of my internet browsing. It may have been from here, but I don't think so: Number of Bahá’ís by country - Bahaikipedia, an encyclopedia about the Bahá’í Faith Adherents.com has it at just over 21 000, whereas the government census was around 700. As you've explained, it's very tough to find accurate info.

Editted ... Sen, I found it .... Criticism of the Bahá'í Faith - Wikipedia scroll down some
If a company exaggerates how well it's doing, that is a deception. So who is the CEO of the Baha'i Faith, Baha'u'llah? God? Maybe they should get new management. But, that's not going to happen, because I don't think God or Baha'u'llah are going to intervene like that. So, it's up to Baha'is to stop lying and give accurate information... especially to their own followers.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So what religion today is speaking the truth about God other than the Baha'is? Islam? Judaism? How about Buddhism or Hinduism? Then there is Christianity. The main Protestant sects teach that Jesus is God. Baha'is say that is not true, so those Christians are teaching a lie, in the opinion of the Baha'is, yet they keep getting people to believe.

But you say the Baha'i Faith, through Baha'u'llah, teaches the real truth that is much needed in today's world... and it's not catching on? Is it something that the Baha'is themselves are doing that is turning people off to the "truth"? Once you do get some people to join, how many people remain? Why do they leave? Why would the leadership pretend that some of these people are still members? You have "enrollment" cards, but you don't keep track of withdrawals?

CG ever considered the Bible passage 'Many are called, few are Chosen'?

Faith takes effort. Faith is a gift and as such, as with any gift, it must be genuinely received. If not, one is likely to get rid of the gift or put it away never to be used again.

There are stories of Baha'u'llah and Abdul'baha about how to receive a gift of love or faith. One such story is how a poor man traveled many miles and days to see abdul'baha and all he had to offer was some old dry bread in thanks. Abdulbaha received the gift, put aside the banquet on the table and shared this meal with that man. Thats true Faith in action.

Regards Tony

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Bahai reminds me of SGI (modern buddhist sect) in its lay out, themes, and even the "sun and many rays" view with their own theme-phrase. They do have food banks and charity (as so said by adrian) and things like that. It reminds me what you said years ago about different passive and direct ways of conversation. This is a harsh site on Bahai criticisms but not meant to belittle it. Why the Baha’i Faith Can’t Keep its Converts? Ive been to two-convert like religious before. I guess to each his own.
Thanks for that link. At that site I read an article about "Baha'i Sects". Here is part of what it said...

From its very inception the Baha’ism has suffered from sects, denominations, isms, schisms and offshoots of various sorts. The Baha’i Faith developed as an offshoot of the Babi Faith, which developed as an offshoot of Shaykhism, which developed as an offshoot of Ithna-‘Ashariyyih , whichdeveloped as an offshoot of Sufism, which developed as an offshoot of Shi’ite , which developed as a denomination of Islam.
I've never heard this before. Baha'is make it seem like poof, the Bab came just like predicted in 1844. But, if this stuff is true, then there was a long line of groups that branched off and eventually led to the Bab and Baha'u'llah.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
CG ever considered the Bible passage 'Many are called, few are Chosen'?

Faith takes effort. Faith is a gift and as such, as with any gift, it must be genuinely received. If not, one is likely to get rid of the gift or put it away never to be used again.

There are stories of Baha'u'llah and Abdul'baha about how to receive a gift of love or faith. One such story is how a poor man traveled many miles and days to see abdul'baha and all he had to offer was some old dry bread in thanks. Abdulbaha received the gift, put aside the banquet on the table and shared this meal with that man. Thats true Faith in action.

Regards Tony
So now you are quoting the Bible? Don't you know it is not literal. But, if it is... That means that out of the many that hear about the Baha'i Faith, there will be only a very few people that join the Baha'is?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Thanks for that link. At that site I read an article about "Baha'i Sects". Here is part of what it said...

From its very inception the Baha’ism has suffered from sects, denominations, isms, schisms and offshoots of various sorts. The Baha’i Faith developed as an offshoot of the Babi Faith, which developed as an offshoot of Shaykhism, which developed as an offshoot of Ithna-‘Ashariyyih , whichdeveloped as an offshoot of Sufism, which developed as an offshoot of Shi’ite , which developed as a denomination of Islam.
I've never heard this before. Baha'is make it seem like poof, the Bab came just like predicted in 1844. But, if this stuff is true, then there was a long line of groups that branched off and eventually led to the Bab and Baha'u'llah.

This information is just plain garbage.

Such silly retoric could be used against all new Messengers and Faiths, as they are all born in this world, where those that are given the New Message from God and then deliver that Message, are practicing the Faith/s that they are to renew.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So now you are quoting the Bible? Don't you know it is not literal. But, if it is... That means that out of the many that hear about the Baha'i Faith, there will be only a very few people that join the Baha'is?

That is timeless advice and you must take from it what you wish, in the way you choose to.

Regards Tony

Sen McGlinn

That's not a Bahai source: it's from the The Association of Religion Data Archives. 2010.

The ARDA is online at
The Association of Religion Data Archives | Quality Data on Religion
It's a reputable professional body.

Marcion

gopa of humanity's controversial Taraka Brahma
Well I can say that I am not well schooled in what is philosophy and what is religious, to me they go hand in hand.

This following link I found is a look into the philosophy used in the Baha'i Writings.
Thank you Tony, but I meant spiritual philosophy, not Greek philosophy.
Did Bahaullah give a spiritual philosophy describing how people can become spiritually liberated and are there corresponding spiritual practices or are those absent?
In other words, are the teachings more about religious belief in a reward after death than anything else, as they are in Christianity or is there more?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Isn't freedom of religion wonderful? We can have two very diffrent word views, and neither of us will be jailed, prosecuted, or worse, killed, for it.

I believe the meaning of the word is someone who tells the future. There are secular prophets and Biblical prophets. Secular ones usually extrapolate the future fro existing trends. biblical prophet tell the future from what God tells him/her what it is.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Without a shadow of doubt.

Baha'u'llah is a Manifestation of God. The one promised by all scriptures.

Regards Tony

I believe you can keep saying that until the cows come home but you are just blowing smoke until facts can be judged.

I believe everyone is a manifestation of God in one way or another. No-one brings himself into this world.