• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is average theist less dangerous than disbeliever in Jesus?

F1fan

Veteran Member
Why do you think they have a hard time explaining exactly what is sinful?
It's probably because believers have adopted and swallowed the basic Christian dogma without thinking through what the concepts mean. Of course that is what happens when children are indoctrinated in religious belief well before their brains have developed enough for critical thought.

The incredible and intricate detail in Thomistic moral manuals for instance makes it seem to me that they can be incredibly precise.
How many of the average Christian that you will meet on a sidewalk in Anywhere, USA will know any of that? They will likely recite a few of the 10 Commandments (Jewish rules), but beyond that? It's a theological buffet of anything goes. Heck, even the Southern Baptists said slavery was moral.

Lain

How many of the average Christian that you will meet on a sidewalk in Anywhere, USA will know any of that? They will likely recite a few of the 10 Commandments, but beyond that? It's a theological buffet of anything goes.

I see, well I think most people fail to truly think about their own morality beyond a basic level, but to me it is especially unfortunate that in the People of God (according to me) there is such an ignorance when the subject is forever being studied and thousands of years deep. I get what you mean tho' now, thank you for explaining.

lukethethird

unknown member
I don't think people are in general less dangerous than one another, we're all infected with Original Sin to the bones, or as St. Thomas says "made of spoiled matter." Believers in Jesus and those who do not believe in Him can both commit murder for the right amount of money.
Yeah, how much money are you holding out for?

Last edited: