• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is artwork depicting Jesus Christ as nude or with pubic

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Quick, avert your eyes!

michelangelo-santo-spirito-crucifix0004.jpg

Oop... your eyes lingered too long. Your soul is hellbound now... tsk.

Poor Mary Magdalene got gypped.

David J

hair revealed perverse?

Who here is offended by such renderings of the
person whom Christians call their Lord and Savior?

Boring answer, it all depends on context and place.

Jesus is commonly depicted with long hair. In most Catholic schools, it's against decorum to have long hair.

Below the belt, well, even Jesus can't pull that off.

Road Less Traveled

I'm told that females shaving is largely an American affectation.

Was referring to like legs, armpits, and faces, and if guys would still find attraction in areas where the tides were turned from what they’re used to. But can see where the mind can possibly go into the gutter regarding another certain area of shaving. So if that all is big in America, I wonder what they’d think if the tides were turned.

Last edited:

shmogie

hair revealed perverse?

Who here is offended by such renderings of the
person whom Christians call their Lord and Savior?
I am disgusted by it, yet it is the freedom of speech.

Now the liberals really don`t care if it offends millions of Christians.

Do the same with Mohammed, and they will scream at the top of their lungs.

Not all, but many.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

Not all, but many.

Personally, I believe in equal opportunity blasphemy. That said though, thank you for not letting butthurt escalate into bloodshed.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
“6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.“
It doesn't get much plainer than that.
That's not at all clear.

Although I can understand that a religionist who already has a belief might think it is.
Tom

That’s what I thought.

Looking at the scripture, it seems to me to be saying that Christians who fall away from Christ’s teaching make a mockery of his sacrifice and become the cross on which he is crucified again.
Nothing about nudity.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
It's not what you've got, it's what You do with it ;)
Tom

And how much you enjoy what She does with it :)

Note - I am using ‘She’ in the sense of the oppositely charged sexual particle with which you are interacting. Adjust the pronoun variable to your preference.

siti

Not all, but many.
I have a sneaking suspicion Muhammad might have had more to hide.

Skwim

Veteran Member
I'm told that females shaving is largely an American affectation.
Don't know about that, but I recall when I was in 3rd or 4th grade each year one of our parents would come to school for a one-on-one parent-teacher conference. This was back in the days when females wore nylons. My school was made up almost entirely of kids with a German or Scandinavian heritage, so there was a lot of snickering when John Colarossi's mother, an Italian, came to her parent-teacher meeting wearing nylons over unshaven legs. Her long leg hairs had curled themselves into an ugly, matted mess with an occasional ringlet here and there that almost made me gag. John wasn't too bright and I believe he inherited his cluelessness from his mother.

Ever since then a "Gross" sign pops to mind when I see hairy female legs. So, shave your legs, pits, and nether region ladies, and you'll be in style.

Last edited:

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
People are more than happy to see him gushing blood from his hands, sides and feet in gore fest films, but nudity is too much.
I never understood that. I know Christians that are completely bent out of shape if there is any nudity on a movie or TV show, but they let their kids watch slasher flicks, no problem.