• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is anyone excited about a possible Biden Presidency?

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
To me he simply represents everything wrong with American Politics. I won't apologize for despising the man or the Party that has no better candidate to offer the American People. In My Opinion.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I'm not even sure how to consider myself politically any more. I consider Trump dangerous to have another 4 years. I think the Democrat party made a mistake choosing Biden. I think McConnell and Graham need out of office democratically. Barr is... well I won't go there. And PC culture is kind of fierce these days. I think stimulus negotiations are a disaster on both sides. I think far right religious groups are using Trump as a weapon. And I realize I named more right wing things than left, so I guess that makes me centrist leaning left or something.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The only thing Biden is good at is not being a facist. And that's enough right now for me to vote for him. I agree we need an actual leftist party represented in our system. Not these weak centrists.

exchemist

Veteran Member
To me he simply represents everything wrong with American Politics. I won't apologize for despising the man or the Party that has no better candidate to offer the American People. In My Opinion.

If he ends the Trump nightmare I'll open a bottle of champagne in honour of Trump's departing arse. :D

Agree Biden seems a bit lacklustre, but at least normal service will have been resumed from the USA towards the rest of the world and US democracy will no longer be under threat. And it will undermine the incompetent, lazy buffoon we have in Downing St at the moment.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Hell no. Part of the reason I voted for Trump this time is because the Democratic Party seems content to crap on populist candidates (Sanders, Gabbard, Yang, Warren, etc.) and force neoliberals on the voters.

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
I'm not even sure how to consider myself politically any more. I consider Trump dangerous to have another 4 years
He signed his fourth Peace Agreement today. Good thing or bad thing? War sucks in the worst way. It is wasteful in both lives and resources. What is Trump's record on waging war?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I'm sure that'll show them.
I don't understand your comment. I would think they would want to retain as many voters as possible as that's supposed to be the point, right? I've always voted for the Democratic presidential nominee beforehand. If it doesn't matter when voters flip, then voting doesn't matter at all and everyone should shut up about it.

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
Still... should we trust Trump, a Republican, not to wage war in the next 4 years, despite Republicans' bloody history?
Do you Trust Biden and the Democrat Party? Honestly, look who they are trying to push onto the American People.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Excited...

I can't think of anyone that's ran for president in my lifetime that I was well...excited about. I'm a kind of bland person. Excited is a strong term. I can't think of any one candidate that would 'excite' me...

Hmmm... I take that back. Alice Cooper has done mock runs, and I recall Stephen Colbert doing that awhile back, too. I'd be excited to see Cooper or Colbert in office.

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
Oh I didn't say I trust him. I just said I think I distrust him less than Trump, who is a reality TV star and acts it. Neither one would be my bestie.

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression there.
Not a problem. I think something is terribly wrong when you are forced to make a distinction between what you perceive as the better of two evils. The Democrat Party made that possible.