• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is any former Bernie voter going Trump just to stop Hillary?

Are you going to vote Hillary or Trump after the Dems screwed Bernie?

• Hillary

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • Trump

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Independent/Other

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • I was always going to vote Trump!

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Let's face it, I feel Bernie supporters were robbed by the Democratic establishment. What are your thoughts?

Acim

Revelation all the time
I honestly can't see a Bernie supporter going for Trump. I would think less than 1% will, but obviously depends on how Trump pivots now that the General Election is wide open.

It would make sense for Bernie supporters to go for Hillary, but not so much when you consider the ways Bernie (rightfully) called Hillary out as essentially pro-establishment. I do think around 50% of Bernie supporters will go with Hillary in a pro democrat stance foremost, an anti-Trump stance secondly and then out of the whole 'duty to vote' type rhetoric. I think the other 50% will vote Trump (less than 1%), vote Libertarian (perhaps as much as 20%) or not vote at all.

lovesong

:D
Premium Member
It will be my first time voting, I don't want to waste that on someone I can't support. I'm still voting for Bernie, as are a number of other people.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
I will probably end up voting for Hillary, but I am not very happy about it. The reasoning is that I want to forward the Democratic party for the long game. I still believe in many of their core platforms in regards to equality and social issues (some of my top political priorities). With that said, handing a Republican candidate the White House makes me a bit nervous, the fact that the candidate is Trump makes it worse. So, here is what I am hoping for in 5 easy to follow steps.

1. Hillary gets elected.
2. Congress blocks everything she tries to pass that has anything to do with expanding the wage gap, war, pant suit stock, etc.
3. Wait four years.
4: ???
5. Try again with someone who isn't a corrupt, gummy bear chewin, pant suit wearin, knuckle crackin, paper pushin, warmongerin butt head.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
It will be my first time voting, I don't want to waste that on someone I can't support. I'm still voting for Bernie, as are a number of other people.

Man, Bernie is a small part of the party. I suggest you read the Republican Party Platform and the Trump Platform. The man is just a small part of the equation.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Couldn't Sanders supporters either vote for Sanders (write him in or if he runs as independent) or just not vote? That's not a vote for Trump or Hillary.
If enough Bernie folks vote independent/dont vote at all, Trump would win via a divided democratic voting base.

Wirey

Fartist
This is sadly the end of empire. Hillary is Bush, and Trump is Bush, and no longer do Americans select who governs them. Bernie was a last chance hail Mary to save the greatest democracy in history, and Obama just delivered his death knell.

Acim

Revelation all the time

Dag nabbit, I forgot about that option.

I want to be on the train for that promotional effort. Get as many Dems as possible to believe a vote for Bernie in the general elections is a good thing.

(Me knowing it will be a good thing for President Trump)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I can't bring myself to vote for a Republican-ever-and I am sure not voting for a buffoonish bully who so casually dismisses the violence at his rallys and from his supporters, who keeps the company he does, and who has zero political experience. Trump is too authoritarian, too bigoted, and we sure's the hell do not need a president who is being used in terrorist recruitment videos because he wants to keep Muslims out (not to mention how this deepens social marginalization, and primes them to turn radical).
Please don't. If Bernie isn't on the Dem ballot, then voting for him will throw the election and give it to Trump. That is one of my concerns with this election, in that Bernie has a strong enough following that if people do a write-in campaign for him then Trump will win because the Dem votes will be split and divided.
Couldn't Sanders supporters either vote for Sanders (write him in or if he runs as independent) or just not vote? That's not a vote for Trump or Hillary.
Sander's supporters need to realize they cannot do that because it will give Trump the election.

lovesong

:D
Premium Member
Please don't. If Bernie isn't on the Dem ballot, then voting for him will throw the election and give it to Trump. That is one of my concerns with this election, in that Bernie has a strong enough following that if people do a write-in campaign for him then Trump will win because the Dem votes will be split and divided.
At least with Trump there's the chance that he'll get impeached, or assassinated! Also, I know it's irrelevant but I'm not a Dem voter, just a voter. I really do hate what both parties have become. :p

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
At least with Trump there's the chance that he'll get impeached, or assassinated! Also, I know it's irrelevant but I'm not a Dem voter, just a voter. I really do hate what both parties have become. :p
And how should we feel about people who joke about assassination after posturing as some love song?

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The point was we might not be dealing with him for very long, because I just know he'll do something to jeopardize his presidency. Why you gotta make it personal. :p
Even if he did he could do some real damage before then. Not just in foreign policy. Hillary wouldn't put a pro-life anti-LGBT appointment to the Supreme Court. Trump would. That would have consequences long past his presidency.